A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Vandole View Post
    prolly woulda been useful knowledge prior to now

when is the next godfest?

i'm stuck on Fire Forest Nerva - Burning Tree Path

this is my main team. i typically go for a third color with high damage and high health to balance it.
    Please, please, please go get some Dub-mythlits right now. Your problem is going to be HP/Recovery, which the Dub-mythlits will help out with, even though they are Dark based. To get the Dub-mythlits though, you're going to need a zombie team, which can be done by having a low level blue ogre, 4 Sapphilit, and a Siren, or, any colored low level ogre, 4x any *lit, and an Amaterasu Ohkami.

Ancient Dragon Knight is good, but he's not a good starter and you do not have the team to make it work right now. You're best bet is to befriend as many Archangel Michael, Freyja, and Parvati friends as you can, after you've obtained some Dub-mythlits.

Honestly, you're not all that far along, so it's probably best to re-roll until you get a great god starter, get enough stamina to run the Friday dungeon several times, build up your Dub-mythlit army, and hope you get the support allies, of your color, on the next Color Festival.

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    PYour problem is going to be HP/Recovery, which the Dub-mythlits will help out with, even though they are Dark based. To get the Dub-mythlits though, you're going to need a zombie team, which can be done by having a low level blue ogre, 4 Sapphilit, and a Siren, or, any colored low level ogre, 4x any *lit, and an Amaterasu Ohkami.
    Can you explain this to me like someone who has been playing less than a week please?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/Dub-mythlit dub mythlit stats: 1000 hp 800 atk, 300 rcv, team cost is 1. (ie; amazing for lil nubbies like you).
    They come from this dungeon: http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/Friday_Dungeon

A lot of little nubby monsters, along with some monsters that hit for 6666 every 3 turns or 7777 every 5.

Ogres, and titan/gigas have an ability called resolve. Viper orochi has perseverence. Ogres are easy to farm (they appear frequently) This ability works as follows: If you have over 70%/50% (resolve 70, perseverence 50) and take a lethal hit, then you are reduced to 1 hp. Note that this goes sequentially when monsters attack you. Also this only really works if you get hit once in a turn, unless you get hit for like nothing. ie; if you get hit twice for 6666 in one turn, you're dead.

What's this strat enable? Ogre leader lets you tank the huge hits of this dungeon, lit's are the lil sperm looking guys, siren/ama/alraune auto heal you every turn you match. So you whittle the rounds down to 1 monster, set the board up with your color of choice, then proceed, and do the same on next floor, killing anything that attacks in the same turn as something else. That or just read the fucking faq i linked you so you learn all this bullshit so we dont have to type it out.

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I've been reading it, but it's a lot more information than I need at the current level I play it at. Wouldn't you agree?

For the friday dungeon, do I play the hard mode or normal? I breezed through the normal.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

expert dungeon drops dublits, normal dungeon doesnt. those are considered "evo" mats, used to evolve your monsters...but sometimes certain evo mats have really good stats, like rainbow keepers or myth dublits.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Vandole View Post
    I've been reading it, but it's a lot more information than I need at the current level I play it at. Wouldn't you agree?

For the friday dungeon, do I play the hard mode or normal? I breezed through the normal.
    Well, the games all about grinding and stats; The Wednesday and Friday dungeons are ones you want to be able to grind as soon as possible, as they contain evo materials that you use to fuse into your monsters to evolve them into their stronger versions. It just so happens that the Friday dungeon also has a great monster, the Dub-Myth, that lets you conquer far more dungeons then waiting for good rare egg drops and then leveling those drops to take on further dungeons. In order to tackle these dungeons, you need to be familiar with the Resolve Team (aka Zombie team) composition and strategy to conquer them, which Slott elaborated well on.

This forum has a lot of good, thoroughly explained information, on the basics and advanced tactics of the game, and I really recommend that you read up on it so you understand the ins and outs of the game.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

should I hold out on PAL rolls too?

Hay guyz, I was Shinebox but now I'm not!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Don Katsu
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Keep rolling pal eggs those are fine. Save for a God festival. A good starter is Archangel Michael. I got lucky and got Apollo. The point is to get one that can change orb colors with high activation for starting off because they basically function like two monsters

Once you get better with combos you will start using less variation in color with your monsters.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I'm getting regular 6-9 combos now.

Assuming I pick a decent leaderbro, I've done very well on each dungeon.

Getting them dragon big numbers, then using the 20x stuff to finish off bosses. I'll typically try to find an Amaterasu or something that compliments me well.

If I can do a second Ancient Dragon Knight I'll pick that up in a heartbeat though just for pure lulz

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

During events, pal eggs tend to get infused with either rare evo mats (such as dublits, divine masks, keepers, etc) or king dragons (events typically last 7-10 days, and have been starting every other friday...so *maybe* next friday). It's usually worth holding out til an event to use up pal eggs, but at your level not as important. I'd still say you should reroll for a better starter god, but up to you. ADK can take you pretty far, but it's not going to get you all the way, or through any descended dungeons :/

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Just rerolled(after a billion tries) into Neptune(+1.) That new players guide lists him as acceptable, but thoughts?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

I wouldnt...if I were you, i'd aim for a norse god (Freyja, Loki, Freyr, Idunn & Idunna (i'd skip thor even if rolling him), an egyptian god (Horus....maybe isis although she stinks end game...ra is hard to use) Greek god: Artemis, Hermes, Ares, Persephone, Hindu: Shiva/Parvati

Neptune is a luxury type monster, that's nice for the resist or poison, but you arent going to make a real team around him. BTW: you can save your data using something like itools (check the tech faq from my link) and save the 2 data files...then you can keep rerolling and go back to a previous monster box set if you want. On wednesday, the game is getting patched, and most chinese gods are fantastic as well to start with.

While this really sucks to do now, the only way to guarantee a god later is throw money at the game, so you're saving yourself future grief :/

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

three hours of rerolling to get Amon just now. fuck.

edit: twice.

That's three times tonight i've gotten the same monster twice in a row.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Just downloaded. Dngnhack is name ID 340,666,225

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

....3 golden eggs in a row resulting in....

Can I play the game now? I see it's "Good tier"

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

lol i'm rerolling now as well

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I want to say it took me at least..... I watched the entire sixth season of the sopranos, and all of Akagi while rerolling.. 37 hours ;-;

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Makes me wish i had kept the first golden egg i got lol.. water mech warrior or some such.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

Loki is awesome, go for it dole! Only use your stones during godfest unless you're expanding box space

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

Dark team is one of the easiest to put together (you can farm a good dark team instead of relying on rare pulls) and paired with a lucifer you can beat a lot of harder dungeons. Your goal is to farm a vampire from castle of satan, a mystic dark knight next time that comes out, and some rainbow keepers or dub mythlits