+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

accidentally rolled when i meant to do PAL.

"Welp, you're stuck with me."

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm still on that rerolling grind... even worse since now i have to install -> update -> in game update -> tutorial X-x

So far have gotten Indra, Ameratseru and Venus only.... hoping to get something soon or i'll just give up and go.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

Oh was that you that posted the Venus last night dole? I saw something like this on pg edit: should have noticed Ono pic

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So I got Dino rider. Tempted to keep it. I know it's not on the worth it list. Mistake or good to go?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

Dino rider sooks

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

IF HE ISNT ON DAT LIST HE SOKS

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Got Apollo who is on the list finally. But on the meh tier of it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

Ya light teams aren't popular and are generally hard to make... Idk if I'd start with him

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

IMPO, Blue, Green, and Dark teams are the easier teams to either build or play. Red is missing RCV power, and Light just sucks to get monsters for, not to mention level.

For this Festival, you're looking for a Thor/Raphael + Fuma Kotaro/Verche - Knight of the Sky. Apollo also works but you won't have access to the 4xATK/2xHP/2xRCV teams that a lot of people like to run. You can also do an Amaterasu / Green Odin team, which can take on a whole lot of content, but it's slow going and Green Odin is a bit harder to find as consistent leaders.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

Red isn't too bad with an echidna or two and transitions easily into a goemon team

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

So I got an Isis after a few rerolls, and following the guide below, I thought I was all set, but I've been reading a bit, and she supposedly gets weak endgame (Slott mentioned as much in an earlier post).

I played a couple hours already--worth it to reroll or just stick with her? Can anybody explain why she's no good (endgame)? I mean, is it just base stats, or her skills, or what? Her base stats don't seem too bad compared to otherss (Ares, Horus, etc.).

http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/New_Players%27_Guide

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

Anakron - when using a pure damage multiplier team, 3x isn't really good enough (even 3x3 giving you 9x with 2 isis). Most descended dungeons or harder dungeons require 25x (2 ra's) 2 horus (16x at a minimum). There are even 12.25x damage teams or 9x teams without orb matching restrictions, and isis' active skill is absolute trash. She's fantastic for early game, as mentioned...but she won't get you through any difficult dungeons late game.

Is it worth restarting? That's up to you. There's a godfest coming up this weekend with both norse gods and devils. You could *try* for a sweet pull this weekend on this account (save up stones til then) or just reroll during the godfest if you really want. I'd backup your account first though, so if you dont like your rerolls, you can always go back to this one.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Thanks for the tip, Slott. So the later dungeons pretty much *require* very specific team composition and builds? That kinda sucks (but I guess that's how they get you to spend).

I've been reading the team composition guide below and it looks like the pure damage multiplier teams are the "Rainbow Team" types. The other ones seem to rely on overall boosts to particular stats (HP, ATK, RCV)? Do all teams basically build off of huge combos, because I don't seem to be very good at that. I have trouble pulling off Isis' leader skill as it is (never played these jewel-type games before).

I read that the zombie teams are easy for newbies, but I don't really like the style. I don't mind a slow or hard start, and I don't need insanely powerful endgame either, but I'd prefer something that doesn't have a huge drop off like Isis from what you said. Just from reading the team composition guide suggests that there are tons of options out there, but are there any in particular that you'd suggest for a newbie that doesn't mind a little challenge, but doesn't want to run into a brick wall later? I'm the kind that likes to build one solid team and just main it fulltime (is that even possible?)

Is Idunn&Idunna any good? The active doesn't seem any good, but it's the only Norse God that caught my attention. Odin seems good, but I don't really like Green (lol).

http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/Team_Composition

EDIT: Another question I have is, if 9x won't cut it at later dungeons, how do some of the team comps listed above work (I assume they do)? A lot of them are like 4x/2x/2x and such. Most seem to have orb-changer skills, though, is that what gives them the edge?

Thanks in advance for any tips!

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Well, P&D is basically a gambling/pokemon game, so it can be as hard or easy as you like; if you don't enjoy RNG and long waits to evolve things, due to materials and only appearing once a week, then it doesn't much matter what your team is starting out. You'll just slowly grind things out and take on dungeons as they go along because eventually, you'll hit a brick wall and you can only play/level your current stock untill RNG gives you something better, either from a drop or the REM. The 'strength' of your starting pulls is a large determining factor on where that brick wall is.

For Descended dungeons, some of them are easy enough to be done with 2x S.Lucifers and 4x Dub-Mythlits, so it really depends on what you have and what you want to do. Mono teams are quite capable of taking on the various dragon dungeons; just need a resist leader to help cut damage. Green Odin, with lots of +RCV, is also a reasonable starting place, to farm up Hera and Zeus. From there, you can go on to either Gravity bombing, with Zeus/Heras or to the whabrlensinbg'biangd Geomon 25x attack parties, but you'll still need to get and level him first.

As for combos, you'll either learn how to do them or never complete the hardest Descent dungeons. I did a lot better on a tablet, then I did on my phone, so your device mileage may very on that point. You could also try using the I-phone pet and see if that helps you move orbs around more precicely.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Thanks, Kachiko.

Rerolled a few times, got Ama, Apollo, Ra, Thanatos, and a Valk. Think I'm gonna give it a shot with the Valk, and hope I'm not making a huge mistake!

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Is it worth rolling for a Freyr during this event? Primarily going for monored so everything else is pretty worthless to me.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Zzsark View Post
    Is it worth rolling for a Freyr during this event? Primarily going for monored so everything else is pretty worthless to me.
    Part of the 2HP/4ATK/2RCV teams, with an Ares, that are popular now, so yes, it's good.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Welp, got a Freyr and a Titan on the 2 rolls for my Valk account. Now I don't know whether to build mono red or the Valk healer team, which mainly has a bunch of carbuncles, lol (rank 14).

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So rolled green Odin and then Freyja think I'm going to make a go of it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

that'll work out very nicely for you drgnhack. My main team is a wood team, so don't hesitate to ask if anything ever pops up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast