+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 ... LastLast
    Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

re venus, no kidding. especially with his new ult evo. they fit so well together...

yeah I completely forgot about Norn. she's a great fit on this team too. better leader than cao cao (although cao cao has a much easier time making friends).

you were right about goblin, btw. I thought he was fusion fodder but his heart-breaking ability has saved my ass countless times. I wouldn't have gotten this far without him.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yup, just making some orbs usually gets you there. You trade some stats, but being able to make 4 or 5 fire orbs and just killing things is always better lol.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

YOLO rolled last night (quiet, Anakron... I know you're judging me!) just once

result: U&Y

hmm. not bad. not bad at all.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

lol, it seems like you have better luck during non-GFs. Definitely should quit while you're ahead, though!

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

lol yes. I knew better than to press my luck after that roll!

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

You pretty much have the two best blue leaders in the game right now stateside.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

nice. now if only I had some subs...

next Godfest. how's this lineup look to you guys?

DAY 1 : 4/30 (Thurs), 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM (PDT)
    - Greco-Roman Series 1 -
    122 Minerva
    124 Neptune
    126 Ceres
    128 Venus
    130 Hades
    - Greco-Roman Series 2 -
    567 Ares
    569 Hermes
    571 Artemis
    573 Apollo
    575 Persephone

DAY 2 : 5/1 (Fri), 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM (PDT)
    - Five Elements Series -
    745 Incarnation of Suzaku, Leilan
    747 Incarnation of Seiryuu, Karin
    749 Incarnation of Genbu, Meimei
    751 Incarnation of Sakuya, Kirin
    753 Incarnation of Byakko, Haku
    - Indian Series 2 -
    1330 Krishna
    1332 Sarasvati
    1334 Vishnu
    1336 Ganesha
    1338 Durga
    - Special -
    362 Odin
    364 Odin, the War Deity
    1107 Phantom God Odin
    640 Archangel Metatron (Standard 1x Rate - DAY 2)
    642 Dark Angel Metatron (Standard 1x Rate - DAY 2)
    911 Red Dragon Caller, Sonia
    913 Jade Dragon Caller, Sonia
    1088 Blue Dragon Caller, Sonia
    1241 Bearded Deity, Guan Yu
    1243 Loyal Deity, Guan Yu
    1359 Apocalypse
    1372 Sleeping Dragon, Zhuge Liang (Standard 1x Rate - DAY 1)
    1374 Life Dragon, Zhuge Liang (Standard 1x Rate - DAY 1)
    1585 Goddess of Secrets, Kali
    1587 Goddess of Power, Kali
    1669 The Norn Urd
    1671 The Norn Verdandi
    1673 The Norn Skuld

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Day 1 good for people who can awaken Greco-roman or need those orb changers. Day 2 sucks cause of Indian 2

Perseph and company getting uvo already is awesome. My wukong team is pretty viable now I think. Wukong, Venus, apocalypse, and two of those ninja guys

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

So, I'm having trouble deciding what to do with my PAL points.....

I know the PAL machine occasionally has events, and I did about 20 pulls on the Evo Event (not the current Carnival) and got some stuff, but nothing I can use for a really long time. I only have the green ripper dragon; no healers, golems, or Titan/Vampire. I have been able to farm up the light and dark toy dragons, as their events came up, so still, nothing to really spend any rare evo mats on; even my Kirin's first form is rather farmable with my current team.

Should I just be spending my pal points and hoping for the rest of the good PAL drops, or am I better off just waiting for Survey dungeons to roll around for things, and just roll during Evo events? Are there any other PAL events that come up besides Evo materials, and the really rare Chibi machine?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

The day1 godfest is better IMO. Great subs and lead in both pantheons.

For all but the complete newbies, the rare EVO mats are the best, provided you have at least a fairly stable team. What does your box look like?

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

So... I just realized that U&Y convert to blue/green, and Kamui (which I have) converts green to blue. seems like I have at least two of my Andromeda subs now. I haven't tried them together yet but I feel like that's some damn decent synergy. of course I'd rather have three god subs for Andromeda so I can use Muse but... one thing at a time.

also, you know what's fun about replaying all of the low-level dungeons for magic stones after unlocking challenge mode?

Spoiler: show
    NOTHING. NOTHING IS FUN ABOUT THIS SHIT.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    So, I'm having trouble deciding what to do with my PAL points.....

I know the PAL machine occasionally has events, and I did about 20 pulls on the Evo Event (not the current Carnival) and got some stuff, but nothing I can use for a really long time. I only have the green ripper dragon; no healers, golems, or Titan/Vampire. I have been able to farm up the light and dark toy dragons, as their events came up, so still, nothing to really spend any rare evo mats on; even my Kirin's first form is rather farmable with my current team.

Should I just be spending my pal points and hoping for the rest of the good PAL drops, or am I better off just waiting for Survey dungeons to roll around for things, and just roll during Evo events? Are there any other PAL events that come up besides Evo materials, and the really rare Chibi machine?
    chibi machine is best use of PAL points by far, but I've only seen it come along once.

PAL machine is a complete crapshoot, with a strong tilt toward crap. only use it when rare evo materials are possible; at least then you MIGHT get a tamadra (true story). out of 30ish rolls over the past few weeks I've gotten so little worth noting that it's absurd... except that one tamadra, and a few low-cost dungeon units.

PAL evo carnival machine... eh. some people like it. I spent 500 points on a fucking blue evo mask, so I think it's worthless. YMMV, high-end evo materials can be tough to get normally.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I save my pal points now that I know we get things like evo carnival and chibi things occasionally. I'd much rather try at a higher chance for jewels and stuff than rolling during rare evo events.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

I like regular PAL machine. it has healer girls, the fairy series, and a few other interesting toys. plus rare evo materials.

that said, I wonder what the drop rates are like on the evo carnival machine. it's probably the better use of PAL points; I just felt so burned on that blue mask lol

and of course we can all agree that chibi machine fucking rocks

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Healer girls are super easily farmable. Once you get to sky dragons domain, on the weekend is 1.5 drop and you get a healer girl like every other run.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

huh, I hadn't thought of that. I suppose there's very little in the PAL machine that isn't easily farmable later on, come to think of it.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Anakron View Post
    For all but the complete newbies, the rare EVO mats are the best, provided you have at least a fairly stable team. What does your box look like?
    Here's my Box & Rank. Everything below it is a mythic level evo/final stage weekday dungeon drops or leveling fodder for my top listed monsters; come tomorrow, I should have a pretty clear box, after I've farmed some more dragon fruits end evolved these damn birds.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You know, those snowglobe dragons aren't terrible for starting out lol. The 2x hp and rcv make it kinda easy to plow through things til you start getting to the harder tiers. The best thing to do when starting out, is to reroll til you have a solid leader. In this case, Kirin is pretty good. She can do some tough descends. Then grind rank til about 90ish or so, so that you can build a decent team. Save your stones for godfests and figure out which farmable mobs you would want for your team. As for a farmable Kirin team, you'd want a lilith for the time extend, and then things that break hearts/darks into the orbs you want. So a valkyrie, some of the mystic knights would work, etc.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Btw, don't forget to get a free Tama from Gleaming Dragon.

http://www.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndDra..._of_less_than/

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

I take back my previous statements re: evolution egg machine. I pulled five and got, among the crap, my second KoG and a red jewel. so yeah, it's better than the regular PAL machine, though still not as good as chibi