+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
    Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Oh nice green Odin is pretty sweet.

Best thing I've gotten was a Neptune during the aqua carnival awhile ago.

Got tired of rerolling so just went with it and I've been trying to make a go at a mono blue team.

Fast forward to today, decided to try my luck with the rem since they've been giving free stones out for the poring event, just pulled a friggin Idunn&Idunna .

tl;dr just pulled a decent blue lead out of my ass. Thank you god fest.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

nice!

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Friend code is 381, 160, 222

Have been sticking with Neptune lead, but I also have I&I now and a max skill siren I'm working on 5-staring.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Sutra View Post
    Friend code is 381, 160, 222

Have been sticking with Neptune lead, but I also have I&I now and a max skill siren I'm working on 5-staring.
    Siren - the Enchantress? I could be wrong, but I believe evolving resets the skill level, so if it isn't already in final form, you'll have to do it over again. Not that Sirens is difficult to level.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    Siren - the Enchantress? I could be wrong, but I believe evolving resets the skill level, so if it isn't already in final form, you'll have to do it over again. Not that Sirens is difficult to level.
    Incorrect - evolving only resets the skill if the skill changes. Siren's (actually, all "healer girls"(lilith naga alraune archangel siren) the heartbreakers, several others) have the same skill regardless of evolution state.

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Woo! I finally beat castle of satan. I'm officially farther than I've ever gone. Now to farm the friday dungeon and get my dub mythlits

This is my box as of now.

I really need a dark color swapper so I can pick a better leader on my friends list lol.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Oh, this is the game my host siblings in japan were playing constantly. Looks like there's more to it than I thought. Does it take much to get into, or can you just sit down and play without much planning?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

You can sit down and play the early game without much thought. Any special/harder dungeons, especially "descended dungeons" where bosses can drop require preparation of specific teams/strategies, or dropping your magic stones for continues >.>

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

I'd heard that they had an event at one point where the mystic knights were showing up in CoS.

Hoping they have a repeat of that eventually since I'm not even close to being ready for the descended dungeons and the drop rate sucks for the other places they pop up.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

Sutra - all mystic knights other than ice have their own dungeons too. The drop rates suck, but they come around.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

The current event says there's a higher hit rate for the listed Fire pulls, and I think the text description was the same as that for the Godfest recently. Are the rate increases the same, and it's just a different theme of pulls?

Edit: Anybody want to trade the rank 20 gift? I'm 307,061,247

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

Anakron - every week there's a "carnival" "festival" other term for celebratory bullshit that typically (19/20) is a 2x increase to the monsters listed. This lasts a week, and typically cycles colors, unless a special event is going on. Godfests work in tandem with this, so you get the increases from both events simultaneously...but godfests are only active for 24hours.

Your "friend" gift will give you and your friend a starter dragon (but allows you to get the dark or light versions) this will also come out as a +1

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Ah, ok, gotcha.

Yea, I know about the gift deal, I'm just seeing if anybody wants to both give and receive so we each get two dragons. I'm in no hurry, so if anybody is ranking up (seems like a few rerolled recently), just let me know and I'll hang on to my gift.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Spoiler: show

Er, hope a double post is ok here. Looking for some advice on how to proceed given my guys.

I'm sorta stuck now, after almost finishing Fire Forest Nerva (first dungeon where all fights are 7/7, the last set before Satan). I actually could only progress through those fights that I did by pairing up an Archangel and just grinding everything to death. I might be able to keep going up to the Dark one, but I don't want to rely on an Archangel helper all the time.

If I could farm those reliably, I'd try to get the Healer girls. As it is, I'm just spending time trying to get a Fire Mystic Knight, but I don't know if that's the right thing since my Valk team seems so much more resilient.

I leveled a bunch of carbuncles and penguins to use for feeding, but I don't know if I should level my current guys, or try and farm something else. I thought of just dumping them into my Valk, Freyr, and the Blue Dragon, but there's little coherence between those 3, and the extra stats from leveling seems so minuscule that I'm wondering if the exp is better spent feeding something else.

Any advice?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

It basically comes down to you making a decision, and sticking to it...for now. Do you want to try a damage-burst team, utilizing valkyrie, or do you prefer a more stable, yet slower type of team? (monored) Both can clear certain dungeons, even some descended dungeons (easier ones) if built properly. Your gigas and freyr work well together, however it's a shame you don't have a mystic flame knight, and the dungeon for it is going out the door in 2 days... :/ There's always some overlap in teams too. an echidna would work extremely well in both teams, but farming it is difficult.
    Once you decide on your leader, its just about choosing a proper friend to go with it...red would utilize ares or shiva, while valkyrie pairs with another valkyrie

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Thanks, Slott.

As you probably noticed, I've basically been trying to avoid making any big investments so far, and seeing how far I can go.

I have like 5 Valkyries, a couple Arch-Angels, a handful of Ares / Freyr, and a bunch of healer girls friended, so I' should be ok on friends with either team. I know my red team is stronger right now, but I was thinking that a Valkyrie team would be more stable since I can pair with another Valkyrie for burst, or healers for staying power, but I haven't been able to farm either a Mermaid or a Naga so far.

How do mono teams handle the opposite color dungeons? Do they just sufficiently overpower the dungeon (on lower levels at least)?

For the red mobs, would you recommend dumping the experience on Freyr, Titan, or my starter dragon first? I'm still trying to farm a Naga and a Mystic Flame knight, so I'd definitely level those if I land one.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So green odin + ameratseru friend is so broken save her as my goto to run through these early dungeons.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

You're actually going about it backwards, Valkyrie is a high burst, low hp, decent rcv team while the red team is more stable and meant to handle long fights/large hits. Both are viable, but Valkyrie is usually kill or be killed

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Yea, I played my red team a little more today, and you're right about the mono-red. Plowed through the Wood set easily today, even with sub-optimal leaders.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Is there any way to build a team to take on Descended dungeons as a non-IAP player w/o getting really luck on the REM machine?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast