Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Well I never had any trouble on mine, but it should be cheaper than a 4 stroke which is something you're probably looking for.

Failed Sex Ed
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Acevalefor View Post
    I have to echo the 4-stroke sentiment. My first time on a dirt bike was on a KX125. I came out of a high speed turn and hit the throttle at the same time that I hit a hole in the track and ended up on my ass wondering where the bike was. I found it about 100 feet away behind a pile of sawdust. Too much for a beginner.
    Haha this is pretty damn funny. I have only ridden a two stroke once and it was a tiny 50cc. It threw me off of it because I had no idea what I was doing. I think I outweighed the bike 3 to 1.

I recently picked up a 2006 ninja 250 for GF and it is so incredibly slow but amazing gas mileage. Traded away my dr650 dual sport for it. Eventually I want to get something else with long travel suspension because that thing was amazing for the shitty potholed streets here.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by shaddix View Post
    Haha this is pretty damn funny. I have only ridden a two stroke once and it was a tiny 50cc. It threw me off of it because I had no idea what I was doing. I think I outweighed the bike 3 to 1.

I recently picked up a 2006 ninja 250 for GF and it is so incredibly slow but amazing gas mileage. Traded away my dr650 dual sport for it. Eventually I want to get something else with long travel suspension because that thing was amazing for the shitty potholed streets here.
    I love hearing stories of newby dirt bike riders fucking up their shit. I only weighed maybe 135 lbs. when I jumped on that 125 at age 14. I was invincible until I found out that you can actually launch the bike out from under you with a quick throttle snap.

Failed Sex Ed
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Acevalefor View Post
    I love hearing stories of newby dirt bike riders fucking up their shit. I only weighed maybe 135 lbs. when I jumped on that 125 at age 14. I was invincible until I found out that you can actually launch the bike out from under you with a quick throttle snap.
    Probably a repost

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

The scariest thing I found about dirt bikes is when you very first realize how heavy they actually are and how easily you could fuck up and have it crush/puncture you when messing around off-road.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Well I never had any trouble on mine, but it should be cheaper than a 4 stroke which is something you're probably looking for.
    They are definitely cheaper to buy and much cheaper to fix, especially because most can be done yourself. If you're only riding it once a weekend or less, you could probably get 2 years from the top end. Replacing that is cheap because not only are the parts cheap, it can be done yourself.

And nothin like the fresh smell of premix.

Failed Sex Ed
    BG Level

Why do 2strokes need the top end cleaned out every so often? Is it just the oil burning and coating everything putting it out of spec after so long?

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I've had my 2 strokes since I was a teenager, they've lasted forever. Great to work on, mess with the carb every now and then between summers and they run great. Only problem is there's nowhere to really ride in jersey anymore so they've been collecting dust and are begging to be sold.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

so a friend at work mentioned to me that he just bought a cruiser and doesn't really like it, he's got a sport bike already. i asked if he was going to sell it and he said probably. i asked for a pic and this is what he sent me.

its an 1100, not sure what make or model, he did tell me but i can't remember. he said he paid 2000 and some change for it and had to fix his buddies car, im trying to convince him to sell it to me for around 3000. i asked again today and he said it was pretty likely he was going to sell it but he wanted to put fresh tires on it and change the oil first.

he said theres 13000 miles on it but that they're highway miles, the previous owner took it on trips back and forth between ct and south carolina and not much else. i know the person that owned it before him as well so i can verify that info.

just wondering if that would be a decent deal with the amount of miles that are on it.

i've owned and ridden dirt bikes most of my childhood, but this will be my first road bike.

what do yall think?

i think its a gorgeous bike and an 1100 for 3000 in what appears to be pretty damned good condition is probably a pretty good deal. i've been looking around locally at ads and i can find similar bikes for no cheaper than 5k - 6k

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

Can't really make out the logo....looks like a Yamaha V-star?

They're solid cruise bikes. Best to just try it out for yourself first.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

yeah that sounds like what he said it was.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I have a 900cc triumph and yamaha wr250x, also had misc 200-250 duel sports. Myself I enjoy the smaller bikes, ride them hard and enjoy it. The 900 is is fun to ride, but kinda boring because you slam the gas shift, twice and you are speeding. Smaller bikes are lighter,cheaper to insure and buy, which for me when was a bonus.

Failed Sex Ed
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by djzombie View Post
    yeah that sounds like what he said it was.
    That's a v-star classic it looks to me. Me brother-in-law has a red one just like it, the 1100. What year is it, that would make a difference. Even so 3k does seem pretty low for a bike that size. Been wrecked or anything?

Your first road bike, did you take MSF class already?

I just recently got an 06 ninja 250 to teach GF how to ride. She took the MSF class but they failed miserably at teaching her clutch control and tight u-turns. I did end up getting that N1k I posted a photo of earlier. Piece of shit only gets 35mpg! Oh well, it's still better than the 26 my car gets. I could take the 250 back and forth to work(45 miles each way), but holy shit that thing is slow ._.

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

I find the 650cc bikes to be the sweet spot in terms of performance/mileage. My old Ninja 500 got almost 60MPG if I rode it smart. My Gladius gets me almost exactly the same but with a lot more power.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

no I havent taken the class yet. I just moved to ct and still need to change my license over from nys. when I go to the dmv for that I plan on gettin my motorcycle permit and info on the class. you do need a bike to take the class with right?

not sure of the year but no wrecks.

as far ss clutch control, and I know it doesnt transkate directly to bikes, but our jeep is standard transmission so the concept is not foreign to me

Failed Sex Ed
    BG Level

no I havent taken the class yet. I just moved to ct and still need to change my license over from nys. when I go to the dmv for that I plan on gettin my motorcycle permit and info on the class. you do need a bike to take the class with right?

not sure of the year but no wrecks.

as far ss clutch control, and I know it doesnt transkate directly to bikes, but our jeep is standard transmission so the concept is not foreign to me
    You don't need a bike to take the class, they provide the motorcycles. Unless you are taking the BRC2/ERC, which does require a bike, but is often cheaper than the BRC, unless you're in a state that subsidizes the cost. I know for example in Illinois the BRC is very cheap, like $50 or something. A few states it's completely free. Here it is $200 .

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

the guy that may be selling the bike to me said the class I had to take was 200 bucks here in ct

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by bluefan View Post
    I find the 650cc bikes to be the sweet spot in terms of performance/mileage. My old Ninja 500 got almost 60MPG if I rode it smart. My Gladius gets me almost exactly the same but with a lot more power.
    I agree. My Daytona is a 650cc. It's all I've ever needed.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

GSXR 750. Not too much for riding around locally and the beach areas, enough for the parkway for any distance traveling. Love it.

Hated my brothers ZX-10 anywhere but highways. Wanted to kill myself if I took it to shore areas. 600 was fine for the parkway but the sweet spot is definitely the 750 for me.

Failed Sex Ed
    BG Level

the guy that may be selling the bike to me said the class I had to take was 200 bucks here in ct
    Lame! You don't even need to take the class here nor is an M on your license even required.