Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

I wouldn't be surprised if the weapon itself figured somewhat into Lunge damage calculation.

That way, if it's doable on /RUN, non-twohander jobs won't get quite the same punch by default.

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

My guess is it will function similar to Quick Draw except having a multiplier for however many runes you have up.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I wouldn't be suprised if it wasn't some kind of hybrid dmg just to mess with everyone bwhahhahaha

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by calinz View Post
    Doesn't look like the whole thing to me... looks pretty cut off like Aradijah (Aht Urhgan)
    http://cdn.bluegartr.com/wiki/b/b8/U..._highlight.jpg
    you get the idea.
    just because you can see the entire continental landmass being surrounded by water doesn't mean you're getting it.
    case in point. hey, we've access to the whole of Quon and Mindartia right? we can't go to present day Vunkerl, Fort Karugo or Grauberg.

conversely, even if you can't see the entire continent on the map, you could be venturing to the "full" extent of the continent for all intents and purposes of doing so.
    now, if FFXI was a sandbox world i'd agree with you, but it isn't. Unless they specifically mention outskirt regions to the far west of Ulbuka, what we're getting is essentially all of it.

Theres also mention of Rhazowa as an important plot point, which is north of Quon, and probably extends to the north of Ulbuka as well.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Voyage1970 View Post
    My guess is it will function similar to Quick Draw except having a multiplier for however many runes you have up.
    Yeah I can see this...something along the lines of either:

[Stat * some multiplier]* Number of Runes
    [level * some multiplier]* Number of Runes

I don't think it will be based on weapon damage because if the weapon in the video was really the AF weapon, it's damage should be something around 50 and most AH GS's at 99 are in the 100-130.

Regardless of which equation, I can see SE either making Lunges exclusive to RUN, or only 1 RUN being stackable as a sub.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Oh, well maybe Vanadiel is just a small planet and the Far East is the Far West. My mind is blowed!

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Thinking it'll all be similar to strategems/quick draw. Main job gets benefits that lower the recast of individual charges, can store more charges (stratagems), and have better options for increasing the damage/effectiveness of those charges. Subbed RUN will probably be able to stack only one or two runes rather than three (maybe more with gear/merits!) and the effects of abilities like Lunge will thus be diminished. Potency wise I'm expecting it to be based on weapon damage in some way as well as an outside source of multiplication like Magic Attack Bonus, perhaps with an elemental affinity bonus based on elemental weaknesses/strengths with RUN perhaps getting gear that enhances the effects of Lunge or something. In any case I expect the effectiveness of runes and effusions/wards to be less when it's subbed by a fairly significant amount.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by TummieGaruda View Post
    Yeah I can see this...something along the lines of either:

[Stat * some multiplier]* Number of Runes
    [level * some multiplier]* Number of Runes

I don't think it will be based on weapon damage because if the weapon in the video was really the AF weapon, it's damage should be something around 50 and most AH GS's at 99 are in the 100-130.

Regardless of which equation, I can see SE either making Lunges exclusive to RUN, or only 1 RUN being stackable as a sub.
    Assuming Matamatas don't take increased damage from slashing (which would be counterintuitive, since they're turtles), the minimum DMG that GSD could have to reprodue that 257 damage crit is 66 with capped fSTR. Since this was a trailer, I really doubt fSTR was capped, so the DMG is probably higher than 66, which means it's at least as strong as GSDs 10 levels higher than artifact weapons are, and likely stronger still.

So, either that's the strongest artifact weapon ever, or it's not the RUN AF (or the stats aren't fixed yet).

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynplaine View Post
    Oh, well maybe Vanadiel is just a small planet and the Far East is the Far West. My mind is blowed!
    I think it's more that the scale of the zones is not proportional to the actual land mass said locations actually take up.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Recorded the full damage range and judging from that with the extremely limited amount of information we have, ~105D is roughly possible for the gsword

low 105
    high 151

critlow 191
    crithigh 257

Wouldn't be surprised if low = exactly 1 as there's a spike for that; 105 + 151 = 256 * 1.05 = 268

Getting it to fit perfectly is obviously impossible at this time, however it is a possibility. High 90s~low 100s range on D is probable but it's hard to say, it definitely can not be AF as we know it. That begs the question, just what is this sword?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

The game is a level 99 cap / SE has made it obvious that they don't want XPing to be an event anymore, so they might have taken a less traditional AF path with RUN and GEO and made their AF level 90 or something.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    That begs the question, just what is this sword?
    The awesomest looking gswd in the game!

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynplaine View Post
    I don't think the Far West (Bison gear) is the same as the Far East (Tenzen); besides the Far East has already been more or less confirmed to be the homeland of Gessho/Gadalar/Tenzen which is the Eastern half of Arajidah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    you get the idea.
    just because you can see the entire continental landmass being surrounded by water doesn't mean you're getting it.
    That's the point... in that picture you can clearly see the landmass of Ulbuka goes further north and west...we aren't going to be visiting all of Ulbuka. I don't understand the miscommunication here-- you say "we're getting all of Ulbuka" then say "except for the farthest reaches" which is more or less contradictory. Your original statement clai Either way, we are NOT getting all of Ulbuka, unless east of that map is suddenly some other continent or some shit like the arbitrary line between Asia and Europe in Russia.

case in point. hey, we've access to the whole of Quon and Mindartia right? we can't go to present day Vunkerl, Fort Karugo or Grauberg.

conversely, even if you can't see the entire continent on the map, you could be venturing to the "full" extent of the continent for all intents and purposes of doing so.
    now, if FFXI was a sandbox world i'd agree with you, but it isn't. Unless they specifically mention outskirt regions to the far west of Ulbuka, what we're getting is essentially all of it.
    I don't understand this logic, because it implies we've been to all of Arajidah. They don't specifically mention the Far East as anything other than various NPCs (Mikado, Gessho, Tenzen) and crafting materials. The Far West is mentioned on Galateia, Cheviot Cloth, Salsa, Coiled Yarn, and a 'land far to the West' is mentioned on Penelope's Cloth, Ormolu Ingot, and Raxa.

The only explanation that fits your spitballing is that Adoulin is the Near West and Ulbuka is the Far West, but that'd be more like Nashmau and the Arrapago Islands being the Near East while Aht Urhgan is the Far East (which we both know is untrue).

Not to mention the Velkk are said to have their operations in the west half of Eastern Ulbuka, and again in the description for Heartwing it's referred to as being seen in Eastern Ulbuka. And Craklaws, Eastern Ulbuka. And Acuex, Eastern Ulbuka. And Umbril, Eastern Ulbuka. In the Foret de Hennetiel, it is described as being in Eastern Ulbuka.

What I'm saying is, much like Arajidah and Al Zahbi being the Westernmost point of the Eastern Continent, Adoulin is the Easternmost point of the Western continent. We will not explore all of Ulbuka just like we didn't explore all of Arajidah.

Again I don't get the "essentially all of it" when it's made abundantly clear we're getting the fringe of the continent (or at the best, half of it) considering yes, I could claim we got "essentially all" of the Middle Lands. Aside from a few missing islands near Kuzotz, Zulkheim there's no huge swathes of Quon or Mindartia we can't explain away as the region map not matching actual zone size (or shadowreign zones). (Although why Attohwa Chasm is part of the Aragoneu region and Bibiki Bay in Kolshushu instead of Kolshushu and Sarutabaruta respectively I'll never know. I guess the same can be said of beaucedine technically being in Valdeunia instead of Fauregandi)

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Recorded the full damage range and judging from that with the extremely limited amount of information we have, ~105D is roughly possible for the gsword

low 105
    high 151

critlow 191
    crithigh 257

Wouldn't be surprised if low = exactly 1 as there's a spike for that; 105 + 151 = 256 * 1.05 = 268

Getting it to fit perfectly is obviously impossible at this time, however it is a possibility. High 90s~low 100s range on D is probable but it's hard to say, it definitely can not be AF as we know it. That begs the question, just what is this sword?
    It could still be AF with boosted stats or the mythic base weapon.

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Also most (if not all) AF weapons use generic weapon designs and since this GSD is a new design chances are its either the base mythic or just a new weapon in general.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

base mythics (vigils) are generic too so I don't think it's that

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

It could just be a standard new sword from the AH or maybe a drop from Adoulin and nothing particularly special.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    The game is a level 99 cap / SE has made it obvious that they don't want XPing to be an event anymore, so they might have taken a less traditional AF path with RUN and GEO and made their AF level 90 or something.
    tbh that would make sense since adoulin is designed for lvl 99, imagine doing the AF quests in lvl 99 areas as a lvl 60 person ¬.¬

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Well, the AF fights themselves will probably be designed for lvl60. It's not like wotg/TOAU areas were designed for lvl60s either really lol.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

base mythics (vigils) are generic too so I don't think it's that
    Some of them were unusual models though. Like cor is a hexagun which didn't exist till cor did. Ditto for blu. And a few others had less common models of those weapons so it's not too far a stretch it could be new model which will be the same as the vigil