FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Octobober 8th. Come on man, your name is octopus ffs. How'd you screw that up?

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

octobober lol, love it

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Also, I'm hoping all the delays will fix any potential latency issues. Every online racing game I have played sucked ass to race online cause people had terrible connections/latency and crashed into you all the time.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    octobober lol, love it
    Lol, guess I deservered that. HAHA

lol weird... I thought I read October 7 but posted a video that had October 8. Here's the October 7 one ;o

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

God this game looks so good, but I expect no less from a racing sim, this should be enjoyable.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/...ion-details-2/

We think you’ll have a lot of fun playing DRIVECLUB once it launches on October 7th, digitally via the PlayStation store and on Blu-ray at your local retailer. If you’re an active PlayStation Plus subscriber and have been playing the PlayStation Plus Edition, but decide you want the full DRIVECLUB experience, you can purchase a one-time upgrade for $49.99. This will give you access to all five locations, 55 tracks, 50 cars and all 50 tour events, as long as your PlayStation Plus subscription remains active.
    If you buy ('upgrade') the full version of the game from the PS+ version, you lose access to it if your PS+ sub lapses.

Fuck this game.

Edit: Guess I'm late to this news, we knew this in November.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/...ion-details-2/

If you buy ('upgrade') the full version of the game from the PS+ version, you lose access to it if your PS+ sub lapses.

Fuck this game.

Edit: Guess I'm late to this news, we knew this in November.
    Sucks I know but everyone should be Ps+ and there are usually awsome PS+ deals around black friday, so yo ucan stock up for a few years (I'm till 2017 i think lol)

I am a little confused at this I think. So, the full version is 59.99. The PS+ version is free but you can upgrade to full for 49.99? So, couldn't the people that are outraged by this just pay that $10 and but the full version to own forever? I guess I SORT of understand this, as any other game you buy that is merely discounted for PS+ members is still playable if PS+ lapses.

I guess as a PS+ member, I stand to lose way more than $50 of games if I let my membership lapse so maybe that is why I am confused (only a bit) by the outrage. Is the outrage because you are 'buying a full game' in your mind and yet losing access to it, which there is no precedent for thus far?

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Doombear View Post
    I am a little confused at this I think. So, the full version is 59.99. The PS+ version is free but you can upgrade to full for 49.99? So, couldn't the people that are outraged by this just pay that $10 and but the full version to own forever? I guess I SORT of understand this, as any other game you buy that is merely discounted for PS+ members is still playable if PS+ lapses.

I guess as a PS+ member, I stand to lose way more than $50 of games if I let my membership lapse so maybe that is why I am confused (only a bit) by the outrage. Is the outrage because you are 'buying a full game' in your mind and yet losing access to it, which there is no precedent for thus far?
    He's just angry for paying 50$ for a game that he will lose if he doesn't renew ps+

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Doombear View Post

This is not how digital distribution should work. If you pay to unlock something, even at a discount, you should get to keep that thing. It's anti-consumer bullshit.

That is what I was wondering, and that makes sense. So it possibly sets a new, and pretty repulsive precedent.

Have the stated in any way why this decision was made? Is it a straight up 'let's see if we can get away with this, push the boundaries' kind of thing do you think? Like I said, I initially reacted to the news with "Well, I wouldn't let my membership lapse anyway so... eh." but that is pretty ignorant and the kind of looking the other way that let's companies usher in this kind of shit. Just really curious why they would make this decision for Driveclub, after all the setbacks it has already seen.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Not to mention every other instance of a PS+ discount lets you keep it regardless of subscription lapsing. Just looks like a pushing-the-boundaries excuse to me. I'd rather just pay the $10 extra.

Unless this game is going to end up being an online-only affair, in which case you'd need PS+ regardless?

blax n gunz
    BG Level

If I had to guess I'd say the attempts to erode the value proposition of PS+ discounts is intentional. They want more and more people to buy it at $60 than $50.
    But this strategy is backfiring. More people will just cancel PS+ if they think the value of it goes down thanks to this awful deal.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

At first, this seems like a terrible idea, but the more I think about it, does it really even matter?

DC is meant to be played online with others. Social driving experience I think. PS4 gaems cant be played online without PS+. So to enjoy the game, you will need PS+ anyway.

That said, I still don't support the move. And I'm 100% sure that people who don't know any better will still buy the PS+ upgrade without knowing the fine print, as I would have if I wasnt in the loop or a BGer. So look forward to this working and being done with more games.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Adajer View Post
    At first, this seems like a terrible idea, but the more I think about it, does it really even matter?

DC is meant to be played online with others. Social driving experience I think. PS4 gaems cant be played online without PS+. So to enjoy the game, you will need PS+ anyway.

That said, I still don't support the move. And I'm 100% sure that people who don't know any better will still buy the PS+ upgrade without knowing the fine print, as I would have if I wasnt in the loop or a BGer. So look forward to this working and being done with more games.
    It does, what if you only wanna play solo, ps+ is useless for you

2600klub

Loves tits more than you

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Really hyped for this game, Gonna get that RUF pack

BG Level

Hey look, Sony listens!