Malorne
    Blog Entries

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Definite buy for me, loved InFamous 2 and I always considered the "bad" end to be canon.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Fuck yeah bad ending. I still think "Second son" is a dumb name for the 3rd game, but whatever. More Infamous is always good.

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Super excited for this.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/...playstation-4/

So what’s new? I mean, what have you been up to? Cool. Us? Not much. Just a new character, new city, new powers, and all designed especially for the new PlayStation 4. I hope you’re excited – because we really are! Actually, for us it’s probably one part excitement and one part pure terror, but that’s just the way of things I guess… But here we are at last to break the months of silence: All of us at Sucker Punch are very pleased to introduce you to Delsin Rowe, and our new title Second Son! Let’s cut to the chase!

Delsin Rowe is the star of Second Son, and you probably know someone like him: A 24 year-old who is absolutely convinced he’s destined for greatness; though so far that greatness has managed to elude him. He grew up just outside Seattle, where his great – if accidental – calling comes crashing into his life. After rescuing occupants from a fiery bus wreck, he discovers that he suddenly has the ability to direct, manipulate and even transform into… Smoke. Could he have absorbed this power from one of the passengers he pulled from the wreckage?

Setting the scene: It’s been seven years since the Cole McGrath episodes and the world has clearly changed. Anyone showing signs of being a so-called “bio-terrorist” is immediately handed over to the

Department of Unified Protection (DUP) — a government agency created to ensure there is never a repeat of the catastrophic events of Empire City and New Marais. So Delsin, who has never been particularly respectful of authority, finds himself caught in the DUP dragnet – And decides he’s not going to go quietly.

Along the way, Delsin is going to ask questions that are not just relevant to the world of Second Son – but to the world we all live in today. A world where we are often instructed to surrender our freedoms to help improve our security. Ben Franklin once wrote “Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.” Is he right?

As you play Second Son, you’ll explore lots of Seattle’s familiar landmarks. As with all games in this series, the path the gameplay and story take will depend on the decisions you make along the way. Of course, we are creating all these characters and locations at a remarkable level of detail – made possible by PS4. In fact, this trailer was produced in-house using our game engine – can you tell we’re having fun with the new GPU, tools, and our new VFX system?

We’ll be back in the coming weeks with more details, but until then you’ll find us at @suckerpunchprod, #SecondSon, and www.facebook.com/infamous.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Infamous 3: Second Son: First Strike

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

With the amount of ram and cpu cores the PS4 is trucking, I'm hoping for a badass level of destruction physics for once.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I'm gonna miss my lightning powers though. Smoke doesn't seem as badass..

You think this is the real Dmitry?
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

There can be lightning in smoke, like the storms that occur when a volcano erupts. I think having a power that's so malleable could open up interesting situations.

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    I'm gonna miss my lightning powers though. Smoke doesn't seem as badass..

Begs to differ.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Null View Post

Begs to differ.
    *slow clap*

flawless

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

victory

finish him

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeah lightning powers are still cooler to me.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

From the Wiki of Infamous 1 if anyone is wondering about the name...

As Cole explores the city, he confronts three others with super powers like himself, including Sasha (voiced by Jessica Straus), a scorned lover and former high-ranked member of the First Sons, trying to earn Cole's romance, and has the ability to use a tar-like plague-inducing substance to control the minds of others. She controls the Reaper gang, ex-drug dealing junkies as Cole put it, of the Neon District. Alden Tate, (also voiced by Jason Cottle) son of Richard, the previous leader of the First Sons, and a wizened old man with powerful telekinesis abilities that leads the Dust Men gang in the Warren District under his control. They fight the First Sons, a fraternal organization founded in medieval Europe that operates in the Historic District by Kessler (voiced by Sam A. Mowry), a man with many super powers, controls the First Sons, using them to seek out Cole and the Ray Sphere, the device that caused the explosion in Empire City.

If I remember right, the First sons were the ones originally behind creating super powers in the infamous world.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I believe so, but Future Cole traveled back before it was created to speed it's creation up so he would have more time before the Beast would appear. So that he would be able to mold Cole, to be able to make the tougher choices. Like not picking his family over the welfare of the rest of the city.

I eventually did both endings for both games, even though Inf2 evil ending was more interesting in the fact of what it sets up, the good ending was a much better over all ending to the duo. Not to mention I liked the good powers much more.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeah I was so pissed that the Ice jump thing was so much better than the fire dash.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Hi-res caps + Logos

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Launch Title
    inFAMOUS; Second Son will ship day and date with PlayStation 4, if the resume of a Sucker Punch graphics programmer is accurate.

Under experience, he lists Second Son as a “PS4 launch title, to ship 4Q 2013.”

Another resume, that of Sucker Punch senior sound designer Andy Martin, says the game will come out in 2013.

Sony has yet to announce an official release date for inFAMOUS: Second Son.
    http://gematsu.com/2013/03/infamous-...le-says-resume
    http://www.siliconera.com/2013/03/22...ker-punch-dev/
    http://reedbeta.com/resume.pdf
    http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view...file_name_link

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Will be a great launch title!

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Really hope for some alternate costumes, main character design is really douchbagish. Ski cap, leather vest over a hoodie, skinny jeans, gotta give him some more angst so lets throw on some chains and a tattoo, perfect. Feels like his favorite band would be greenday.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast