1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 16 hours, 38 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 7 hours, 21 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 9 hours, 38 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 0 hours, 21 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 65 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 LastLast
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Persona Nongrata
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Stromgarde View Post
    That much horsepower and you're running at 1280 x 720?
    Ya, jack that shit up.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

for the love of god... I will PAYPAL someone 20 bucks if you can fix this for me. Im at the end of my rope.. have wasted far too much time and money.. and want to play for the love of god. I'm on the brink of just going back to wow /shudder.

Here's my story, once upon a time (when I was first assembling this pc that I built specifically FOR this game) I ran the benchmark and got 12k. NOw im running it and I get 4k. I have ascertained that the problem seems to be either FFXIV or NVidia's drivers. Maybe just maybe some obscure setting on my pc but that's doubtful. Ironically doubtfull and the most ideal situation as that means the fix would be easily implemented by myself.

ANyhow, moving on. Everything else I try, games, benchmarks etc uses SLI In surround just fine. I even turn on the SLI indicator to ensure this in case performance may have made it hard to tell. (at this resolution that is not the case, you can tell immediately)

In FFXIV Benchmark AND in the game, SLI is not working. It works if I have one monitor setup, but if I have Surround enabled it doesn't work no matter what I do. Whats odd is It shows all my cards loaded up via afterburners OSD, and they all heat up too, yet no SLI indicator, and no associated performance.

27k pts on 1 screen and 4k on 3.. yea. Not to mention, I cant recall the point at which it went from 12k to 4k.. if it was intermittent or after some small change made on my part, but what I can tell you is that its 4k the VAST majority of the time.

Why is SLI not enabling in surround. Anyone else confirm that it works for them? In windows 8.1 x64 Enterprise perhaps? In portrait mode as well? (trying to get as close to my rig as possible) With the indicator displaying if you select it? With quad SLI as a bonus? I know that is quite a few variables to meet, and they aren't all necessary for some insight, just the ideal situation.

Any help would be greatly greatly appreciated. Here are my spec's

4770K @ 4770mhz (see what I did there )
    32gb of Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 2400
    256gb Samsung EVO SSDx2 (raid 0)
    2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDx2 (raid 0)
    EVGA GTX TITAN SC x4
    EVGA NEX 1500 PSU x2
    Dell U2713H Display x3

Im about to lose another weekend to trying to fix this. Anyone else with a similar issue? A similar issue that was resolved? No similar issue but some ideas? I'm at a loss but frustrating doesn't begin to touch it.

Someone mentioned that SLI doesn't work in windowed (not sure if that was in the past or current as when im using surround it doesn't work period) but if it doesn't work in windowed, perhaps FFXIV is being recognized as in windowed mode when it isn't? (ive tried all 3 options)

Anyhow... im at your mercy

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

doublepost

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

The game doesnt work with overkill.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

SLI doesn't work in windowed, but it also doesn't drop your performance to 4K lol. I think I was getting 13k at 1080p with my GTX780?

Have you formatted?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dillingr View Post
    i7-4770K @ 4.5Ghz - SLI EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400Mhz - 240GB Corsair Force GT SSD

1920x1080 Max. = 22870
    5960x1080 Max. = 8700

1920x1080 High = 24580
    5960x1080 High = 8782

1920x1080 Low = 31965
    5960x1080 Low = 18588
    "this" is how I know my SLI isn't working. I get 4100 @ 4680x2560 on maximum while getting 27000 @ 1080p LOL. I expected a drop but not like that!

Anyone using SLI + surround + windows 8.1 + ffxiv? If you are your my hero if you can help me. To make it interesting for you, 20 bucks via paypal or a free ffxiv key if you get it working

don't think it will be a "click" this or "install" that fix though, ive spent a good week 5+ hours a day working on it and am on the brink of returning to windows 7 just so I can play ffxiv. Perhaps I missed something that someone happens to think of though. Guess even, it will be worth a free 20 spot or cd key right? (your choice if you fix it)

sigh

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

oh wow, I posted here already, wtg me >.< sorry. all over the net trying to fix this

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
    SLI doesn't work in windowed, but it also doesn't drop your performance to 4K lol. I think I was getting 13k at 1080p with my GTX780?

Have you formatted?
    it does if its not working. why don't you try to run that 780 at 4680x2560 and let me know how it turns out. I was only getting 12k when it WAS working and that's 4 titans compared to your 13k with 1 780. See the difference? Your looking at 2 million pixels vs 11 million pixels.

However dropping from 12k to 4k is roughly 1/3 the performance which is exactly what I would roughly expect if someone said they downgraded from quad sli to single card not to mention the fact that the sli indicator not showing up is pretty much a give away

to answer your question, yes I have formatted, dozens of times. As well as tried different drivers, different bios on the gpus, different bios on the mobo, overclocked, underclocked, regular clocked.. windowed, non windowed...

at this point the only way I can get it to work is either on a single monitor, on an older OS, or on a game other than FFXIV or the FFXiV benchmark.

what I really need is someone on windows 8.1 using surround with sli anything pretty much that can give me some feedback such as presence of the sli indicator etc. I need to atleast narrow it down to being some type of software config on my end vs a NVidia driver problem, vs a windows 8.1 problem vs a problem with ffxivs profile vs some combination of the aforementioned.

KILLING ME!

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Adajer View Post
    The game doesnt work with overkill.
    apparently >.< it did at first. must have overKILLED it

seriously though. imagine using a crap q6600 for 7 years so I could afford to build this thing. build this thing FOR FFXIV specifically. Only to get 30 FPS LOL! its uber bad when you can laugh at yourself after pissin away ~10k

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

oh, I know the feeling. I played on a Dell Dimension 4200 with a Pentium III and no gpu for some years.

When I finally could afford a real computer, I went high end. 2560x1440, i7, and a 780.

I'll never not be high end if I could help it. But I doubt I would ever go that far over kill, quad sli anything, even if I hit the lottery.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Just to confirm; you are running the game in true fullscreen mode right? SLI will 100% not work in windowed/borderless windowed mode.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Maybe not true. My SLI functions properly in borderless windowed. Haven't tried normal Windowed though, it can't really physically work in normal Windowed mode, however.

4770k @ 4.5GHz
    2x GTX 780

Market ward in Ul'Dah:

SLI Enabled
    Avg FPS of 103 in Borderless Windowed mode
    Avg FPS of 105 in Fullscreen mode

SLI Disabled
    Avg FPS of 71 in Borderless Windowed mode
    Avg FPS of 72 in Fullscreen mode

Aetheryte @ Mor Dhona:

SLI Enabled
    Avg FPS of 36 in Borderless Windowed mode
    Avg FPS of 39 in Fullscreen mode

SLI Disabled
    Avg FPS of 49 in Borderless Windowed mode
    Avg FPS of 51 in Fullscreen mode

Avg FPS increase in Fullscreen mode is not high enough to indicate that SLI isn't functioning, it only indicates that this game, like most others, runs a tiny bit better in fullscreen mode, and can also be left to margin of error; SLI indicator is active while the game is in FSW and monitoring programs indicate that both GPUs are being used. The Mor Dhona averages are extremely confusing; namely, there's a noticeable spike in FPS by turning SLI off.

Game so shittily optimized doe. This is, overall, an anomaly; SLI should not be capable of functioning in a borderless windowed mode. There may be something amiss with the way the game is using my SLI similar to this guy, however at the moment it seems to be using SLI. It's also possible that the game is so poorly optimized that it's playing tricks on me, however that doesn't explain the SLI indicator.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Hmmmm, maybe that's specifically a Crossfire thing.

I know that gSync will not work unless the application is fullscreen though (if you have a gSync enabled monitor).

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Onizuka View Post
    It's 2 780's SLI. 3 would be over 30k
    wrong. 4 titans isn't even over 30k assuming your not extreme oc'ing

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Just to confirm; you are running the game in true fullscreen mode right? SLI will 100% not work in windowed/borderless windowed mode.
    yes I am. Although I thought that "may" be part of the issue. For some reason it is detecting borderless/windowed when it is not. I know initially windows 8.1 had problems with vsync due to something with the metro interface, and surround but it was ironed out I guess. As I said, I have no problems with any other games(so far) My SLI indicator shows up in everything, and my performance is as expected. In FFXIV and the FFXIV benchmark, dead in the water. Offer still stands for help w/ a fix!

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Out of pure curiosity, and a shot in the dark, is there any energy saving program running that's throttling CPU/power consumption?

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

If he's running an ASUS motherboard then that's likely. They tend to find ways to slip EPU in without you noticing and it's a pretty horrific program.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Does Eyefinity/Surround work in windowed mode? I really don't like to play MMOs in fullscreen mode.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Does Eyefinity/Surround work in windowed mode? I really don't like to play MMOs in fullscreen mode.
    Depends what you are asking. Eyefinity is the three monitor set up. Some people confuse this with crossfire, which increases the performance of the output of your first card by linking your second card and disabling the output of the second card.

Yes, eyefinity works in windowed mode. No, crossfire does not work in windowed mode. You'll have to rely on your primary card alone for performance if you use eyefinity in windowed mode. FYI, I occasionally do windowed mode in smaller dungeons like AK or Haukke Manor (HM) at a 5760x1080 setting. I typically switch to full-screen when doing something like CT. The game supports switching from full-screen to windowed mode without having to restart. I've had good results in both modes, but my FPS clearly goes up when using full-screen.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Yeah, I did mean Eyefinity, not Crossfire. I have an nVidia card however, but they have a similar function called "Surround".

Do you just set a custom resolution of 5760x1080, or is it a legit dropdown option in the client, or is there something you have to actually do in your ATI control panel to get it to work?