Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Lifeless Planet coming May 13th

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Casey Hudson Joins Microsoft as Creative Director at Microsoft Studios

Today, we’re proud to announce that Casey Hudson has joined Microsoft in the role of Creative Director at Microsoft Studios, where he’s working on Microsoft HoloLens, Xbox, and other awesome projects. He reports directly to Kudo Tsunoda, CVP of Next Gen Experiences, in this new role and he’s currently busy relocating from Edmonton, Canada to his new home here in Redmond, WA.

Over the course of his 15 years at BioWare/EA, Casey has led the development of several of the industry’s biggest and best titles. He has brought a natural leadership style to his role at the helm of teams that have included over 200 developers, providing a vision for the creative, technical, and business aspects of some of gaming’s most important franchises. His role as Project Director placed him in charge of the creative and operational vision for development of franchises such as Mass Effect and Star Wars, while his responsibilities as Executive Producer involved a broader business strategy for expansion to other media. Since 2000, Casey has led teams in the development of major “event titles” that went on to achieve both critical and commercial success, giving him one of the most outstanding track records in the history of AAA game development.

With a degree in Engineering and a passion for art and music, Casey applies a full-spectrum approach to his pursuit of delivering the most exciting and memorable entertainment experiences in the world. We recently sat down with him to discuss his new role at Microsoft, and the exciting things that he will help us achieve with Xbox and HoloLens as we look to 2015 and beyond.

• Xbox Wire: What can you share about your new role?

Casey Hudson: As Creative Director at Microsoft Studios, my primary focus will be the creative direction of HoloLens Experiences. I am extremely passionate about the potential of this kind of technology, as anyone who’s talked with me over the last couple of years can attest. I feel that the work being done at Microsoft on mixed reality and holographic computing will have a tremendous impact on how all of us interact with technology in the coming years. It’s an honor to be able to join such an incredibly talented team, and to work on something that will fundamentally advance the role computers play in our daily lives.

I will also be working with innovative new Xbox titles, helping them to find success through clear direction and creative vision. I will be involved in driving a creative focus for Xbox and Windows gaming, and I couldn’t be more excited to be involved in that. The projects I’ve seen in development so far are amazing, and it’s going to be an awesome experience helping these teams cross the finish line.

• Xbox Wire: What are you most excited about in coming to work for Microsoft?

Casey Hudson: I’ve been an Xbox fan since I first learned about it during the development of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. The games I’ve worked on have found the greatest success on Xbox, and it’s my preferred way to play games. I’m also a lifelong PC player, and I feel like I grew up with the advent of the personal computer. Given all that, coming to work for Microsoft is a special honor for me.

But in addition to the privilege of working for Microsoft and Xbox, I am particularly excited about working on HoloLens. I was fortunate to try an early prototype of HoloLens before it was announced, and I was blown away by the technology and what it was already capable of. Walking on Mars while sipping coffee in an office setting, Skyping with a friend who can draw on the walls of my environment, sculpting an object in 3D modeling software while a hologram of it sits on a table next to me... These first experiences cemented my belief that holographic computing was where I needed to be. There’s no end to the potential of this technology, and I look forward to being able to influence the full-spectrum experience on HoloLens, from hardware to OS, to applications and games.

Above all, I’m most excited about how much I will be able to learn from the team at Microsoft, who have already accomplished so much with HoloLens.

• Xbox Wire: When you’re not working, what do you like to do for fun?

Casey Hudson: Naturally, I love playing video games, whether on console, PC, or mobile. I tend to enjoy the extreme ends of the spectrum most: the biggest AAA blockbusters, and the tiniest, most experimental indies. Playing games with my two young sons is a particularly good learning experience – not just because they’re often better at it than me, but because of how the next generation views digital entertainment having grown up in the age of digital downloads, touchscreens, and mobile games. Seeing things through their eyes helps me build a vision of where things are going next.

I also try to get away from digital and virtual worlds as much as possible when I’m away from work. As a private pilot, I like the challenge of a whole different set of problem-solving and communication challenges, where the stakes are much more real. Music is another outlet for me (guitar, keyboard, saxophone), as is art (be it painting concepts in Photoshop or simply drawing on a sketchpad). I have deep passions in both the arts and sciences, and the more I do of one, the more I crave the other. And ultimately, that’s what led me to do the kind of work I do today – a balanced approach where I’m able to work with amazingly talented team members across a wide spectrum of abilities. So while I dabble in a lot of different things and have an appreciation for many disciplines, it only gives me a deeper appreciation for the world-class experts I’ve had the privilege to work with in my career.

Thanks to Casey for taking the time to speak with us. We’re very excited about what he’ll be working on here at Microsoft in the coming months and years and can’t wait to share more.

news.xbox.com

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Xbox One Independent Developers Pack
    500GB, includes the new Wireless controller
    • 14-day Xbox Live trial
    • #IDARB
    • Jackbox Party Pack
    • Threes!
    • Never Alone
    • Hand Of Fate
    • Smite beta
    • Warframe DLC
    http://www.engadget.com/2015/06/01/x...ack-australia/

Above is the Australian edition. Microsoft has stated that the contents of the bundle will vary country to county.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

1TB Halo: The Master Chief Collection bundle with the new controller coming June 15th
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...HVM/15-24-20//

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Its been removed from Amazon. It was probably supposed to be announced at E3 and someone jumped the gun.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I can't say the Xbox One will overtake PS4 in sales but the Xbox brand is going to pushed hard in Windows 10. I don't currently own a Xbox One but I look forward to it and I like the direction they are taking with the Xbox and Windows 10 platform integration.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    1TB Halo: The Master Chief Collection bundle with the new controller coming June 15th
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...HVM/15-24-20//
    Bundle officially announced, $399
    500GB model dropped to $349

http://news.xbox.com/2015/06/xbox-on...rice-reduction

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

http://news.xbox.com/2015/06/xbox-xb...irtual-reality
    Earlier today, at an Oculus event in San Francisco, Head of Xbox Phil Spencer joined Oculus CEO Brendan Iribe on stage to share some details on what fans can expect to see when the Oculus Rift launches in Q1 2016.

The Xbox One controller will be included with every Oculus Rift. The Xbox One controller is designed for gamers, by gamers, for interchangeable gaming between Xbox One and Windows 10 PCs and tablets, with fine-tuned impulse triggers for greater precision and control and a D-pad engineered to deliver greater responsiveness. If you’re going to be playing your Rift games with a controller, this is the one you want in your hands. And, with the new Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows that we unveiled last week included, you can play games on the Rift using the Xbox One controller wirelessly right out of the box.

Xbox One games will be playable on Oculus Rift. We shared earlier this year that you’ll be able to stream your Xbox One games to your Windows 10 PC or tablet. Now, we’re happy to announce that we’re bringing the same Xbox One streaming capability to the Rift, a feature that’s only possible through Windows 10. You can play your favorite Xbox One games, like Halo, Forza, Sunset Overdrive and more, on your own virtual reality cinema screen. It’s just like pla

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Redesigned UI coming this Fall, additional changes
    • A redesigned Home: We’ve redesigned Home to surface your most-used Xbox content. You can scroll vertically to see your recently played games with deeper information about the content and games you are using. You can see game DVR clips, achievements and add-ons for your games and can also quickly discover new content.

• A new guide: Gaming must-haves like friends, party invites and messages can be accessed directly from Home or while in a game. Scroll left from Home or double-tap the Xbox button while in a game and the guide will slide over on the left side of the screen. From here you can access gaming must-haves like your friends list, party invites, messages, and notifications.

• Community section: We’ve expanded upon the current Friends section so gamers can more quickly and easily access all their social activities. This includes the Activity Feed to see the latest updates from friends and game developers as well as What’s Trending on Xbox Live to interact with the most popular games and content currently on Xbox Live. Scroll right from Home to see what games your friends have been playing, interact with their posts and see the top things happening on Xbox Live right now.

• Xbox Avatars: We saw the passion from the community toward Xbox Avatars and are excited to bring them back in a more prominent way on Xbox One. We are modernizing the look of avatars with better image quality, keeping all the familiar customizations fans loved on Xbox 360.

• Cortana comes to Xbox One: On Xbox One, Cortana becomes your personal gaming assistant. Cortana helps you elevate your game, gets smarter over time, and works across all your Windows 10 PCs, tablets and phones (Cortana will also soon be available on iPhone and Android phones). Through voice commands on Xbox One, Cortana will assist you to more quickly find great games, new challengers and friends on Xbox Live, or accomplish common tasks. Cortana can also help you get achievements by surfacing videos and information to help you succeed. Working across Windows 10 PCs, tablets, phones, Xbox One, and iPhone and Android phones, Cortana can assist you wherever are you are – like setting an important reminder from your phone to receive on your Xbox One when you log on at home. Cortana will launch first in the U.S. and the U.K. on Xbox One this fall.
    http://news.xbox.com/2015/06/xbox-xb...ser-experience

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Backwards Compatibility detailed, games supported right now (via Preview)
    • A Variety of Xbox 360 Games Will Be Available at Launch: This fall, we’ll roll out back compat to everyone on Xbox One with support for a collection of Xbox 360 titles in digital and disc form. We will continue to release Xbox 360 titles on a regular basis and build a substantial catalog over time. This means that supported Xbox 360 Games with Gold titles you have been collecting will soon be playable on your Xbox One! With the best of yesterday and today together in one place, this will truly be the biggest lineup in Xbox history.

• First Round of Xbox 360 Games Now Available in Preview: 21 backward compatible titles are supported today for all Xbox One preview program members who own them. We’ll have over 100 titles this holiday, with hundreds more added in the months to come. We look forward to sharing more games and details closer to launch.

• Your Xbox 360 Titles are Already There: To play one of the supported titles listed above that you already own, simply go to My Games and Apps and download the game to your Xbox One. Or put the disc in the drive, install the game and start playing.

• Play against Your Friends on Xbox One and Xbox 360: Starting today, you can play against your Xbox 360 friends on Xbox Live, whether or not they are in the preview program. Just invite them to a party in the Xbox 360 menu and jump right in. Xbox One and Xbox 360 gamers can play the same game at the same time, against each other.

• Use Current-Gen Tools in Last-Gen Games: The gameplay experience, including graphical quality, of your favorite Xbox 360 games are just as you remember them, but with Xbox One Backward Compatibility, you can utilize your favorite Xbox One features, like screenshots, GameDVR, broadcasting, Game Streaming and more with the Xbox on Windows 10 app. It’s the best of both worlds!

• Your Progress Comes With You. Don’t worry about stopping a game on your Xbox One and moving to an Xbox 360, or vice versa. Your Gamerscore and achievements will carry over and be saved to your Xbox Live Gamer Profile, as it already does when you’re playing games on Xbox 360.

While not all Xbox 360 titles will be available at launch, we will listen to fans on which games they want to see via Xbox Feedback, and work with our publishing partners to continue to release new titles on a regular basis. In collaboration with developers, there are few restrictions on what titles we can support in this program and no additional work for them to make their titles compatible. However, because this is a software solution, titles that require Xbox 360 hardware accessories such as Kinect for gameplay will not be supported.
    http://news.xbox.com/2015/06/xbox-mi...ing-in-preview

Hololens

Rare Replay - August 4th

Spoiler: show

Xbox Elite Wireless Controller - October 2015, $150
    Professional-level customization for a competitive edge

• The Xbox Elite Wireless Controller features professional-level customization to give fans game-changing accuracy, faster speed and a tailored feel.

• You can swap between six thumbsticks of different shapes, sizes and heights, allowing you to discover configurations that can improve accuracy, speed and reach.

• Packed with two D-pad options, the new faceted D-pad enables more confident combo execution, while the traditional D-pad provides precise control to change weapons or call in a strike.

• Whether you’re playing a first person shooter like “Halo 5: Guardians” coming October 27 to Xbox One, a platform adventure game like “Ori and the Blind Forest,” or “Fable Legends” on Windows 10 available this holiday 2015, the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller gives you the option to adjust unique elements of the controller for better control, precision and comfort.

Better control, combinations and confidence

• The controller has four slots on the back for interchangeable paddles, allowing you access to commands with more fingers so you don’t have to take your thumbs off the thumbsticks to execute intricate jump, aim, and shoot combinations.

• You have the option to attach one or all of the paddles and configure the controller to what’s best for your gaming needs. Easily attach and remove paddles without needing any tools.

• With the flip of the Hair Trigger Locks, you can fire quicker and save valuable time with each trigger pull. Hair Trigger Locks stop the trigger movement after the shot so you’re ready for the next one. Simply flip the switch again to get back to full-range trigger motion.

More freedom and flexibility with an easy-to-use app

• Customize your experience even further with the Xbox Accessories App, available on Xbox One and Windows 10.

• Adjust trigger min/max values, thumbstick sensitivities, button assignments and more, so the controls are exactly the way you want them. Assign any of 14 inputs to the ABXY buttons, paddles, D-pad, triggers, and thumbstick clicks.

• Create up to 255 controller profiles in the app and have tailored settings for any game.

• Load two profiles on the controller and instantly change between them with the built-in Profile Switch.

Premium design guarantees long lasting quality

• Every surface and detail is designed to meet the rigorous demands of competitive gamers.

• Stainless steel thumbstick shafts, D-pads, and paddles are built to withstand intense gameplay.

• Low-friction, reinforced rings around each thumbstick minimize wear and ensure a smooth rotation.

• A new, enhanced rubberized diamond grip gives the controller a more substantial feel while providing more stability, and allowing you to hold the controller with less effort for a more comfortable gaming experience.

Price, contents, & specs.

• Xbox Elite Wireless Controller, available October 2015 for $149.99 USD MSRP (pricing may vary by retailer), includes:

- Xbox Elite Wireless Controller
    - Carrying case
    - Set of four paddles
    - Set of six thumbsticks: standard (two), tall (two) and domed (two)
    - Set of two D-pads: faceted and standard
    - USB cable
    - AA batteries

• Compatibility: Designed for Xbox One and Windows 10. The controller can be used on PCs running Windows 7 or later.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So, question about the backwards compatibility stuff that maybe I am overlooking here. I thought I saw that your saves would be pulled from your Cloud account, but Cloud saving is only available if you are a XBL Gold member. So is this essentially you need Gold or this does you no good?

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Considering either Xbox is basically useless without Gold, that's not surprising.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Games With Gold July 2015:
    July 1-15
    XB1: AC: Black Flag
    360: Plants vs. Zombies

July 16-31
    XB1: So Many Me
    360: Gears of War 3

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Games With Gold July 2015:
    July 1-15
    XB1: AC: Black Flag
    360: Plants vs. Zombies

July 16-31
    XB1: So Many Me
    360: Gears of War 3
    and finally, "starting in July, Games with Gold will offer two new games on Xbox One every month."

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

How the hell does Xbox not have USB voice support? I hope this is coming with the Windows 10 update.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

There's the adapter for older controllers and new model controllers just come with the headset jack built in.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    There's the adapter for older controllers and new model controllers just come with the headset jack built in.
    That's a work around not an excuse. PC does it, PS4 does it, Xbox One should have it.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Have they announced what the next wave of backwards compat. games will be?