BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I'm confused too about who is supporting Mazmaz here. Is there a post I cannot see?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    God forbid people not use something for different reasons.
    Jesus fuck, you are stupid.
    No one in this thread even minimally implied there's a problem with this.

And how are you not supporting his stance/post by claiming you see both sides? You realize that's exactly what you did, right?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

the pricing rumors from thurott are obviously wrong, at least in terms of the contract option. contract subsidies are there to make more money for microsoft, not less, and the contract option outlined there is cheaper at every stage over the lifetime of ownership, compared to buying outright. plus, the current xbox 360 contracts are $180/year, lol if you think they're actually going to lower that for a more expensive system.

also anything polygon is suspect, especially in this case. you guys do know that they wouldn't even exist if it weren't for microsoft funding them, right?

all of their output that i've seen points to them being unabashed corporate shills, that site has zero credibility as far as i'm concerned. but, it is "videogames journalism", so that's par for the course i suppose.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    Jesus fuck, you are stupid.
    No one in this thread even minimally implied there's a problem with this.

And how are you not supporting his stance/post by claiming you see both sides? You realize that's exactly what you did, right?
    No, actually.

I see both sides as people who would use the social sharing function and those who wouldn't. I expressly noted that I have no reason to be ashamed of admitting that I play video games like Maz said. So no, didn't support his stance. Don't be so butthurt.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

It's like Mazmaz has been actively trying to 1-up himself to try and make the worst post on BG all day today.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    I see both sides as people who would use the social sharing function and those who wouldn't.
    Well, then you didn't even understand the argument.
    I wouldn't use the social sharing function (not because I wouldn't post about games on FB) and I think Mazmaz is retarded. The argument was about the perception of posting video game related materials on Facebook.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

I think he gets the basic argument. No one here said they agreed with Maz that they are embarrassed to let people know they play games.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

The best part was when you said video games was a hobby, like they help build useful life skills and not just a waste of time.

You should throw that shit on your resume bro, along with surfing the net and watching movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuishen View Post
    It's like Mazmaz has been actively trying to 1-up himself to try and make the worst post on BG all day today.
    Shit you found me out

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Mazmaz View Post
    The best part was when you said video games was a hobby, like they help build useful life skills and not just a waste of time.
    lol

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hobby

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

C'mon Maz now you're not even trying. Going back to the original point... video games don't even have any sort of negative stigma attached to them at this point. Years and years back it might have been something ignorant people looked down upon but nowadays it's something fucking everyone does unless you're pushing 40. Also vidyagames most definitely build life skills. Growing up with RPGs made me a far better reader and constantly expanded my knowledge of the language. Even now at 22 I'm constantly learning new shit from games. I also have a number of foreign friends who picked up the language almost entirely from games. No life skills my ass.

Literally the stupidest shit I've read all year, and I've read posts by Senji lately, wow.(Not the person I'm quotting below me, I'm talking about Mazmaz)

the pricing rumors from thurott are obviously wrong, at least in terms of the contract option. contract subsidies are there to make more money for microsoft, not less, and the contract option outlined there is cheaper at every stage over the lifetime of ownership, compared to buying outright. plus, the current xbox 360 contracts are $180/year, lol if you think they're actually going to lower that for a more expensive system.
    A $299 model, which requires a two-year Xbox LIVE Gold subscription plus an additional $10 a month, will also be released.
    Isn't that $299 + $15/month x24(xbox live) + $10/monthx24(>>AND ADDITIONAL $10/month<<) totalling $600 + $299 = $899 vs $619($499 + $60 x2 for 2 years of xbox live..even cheaper if you're not a retard and get the ~$30 yearly xbox live sales). Literally $280 more than the $499 console?

I have no idea really, it just looks like that to me from that article. I also heard from a few people the contract option 360 right now makes you pay $15/month for xbox live(what?) which is where my $15/month comes from.(also confirmed here: http://www.joystiq.com/2012/10/23/co...o-new-choices/ and here <<link removed due to copyright problem>>

But none of that matters, because LOL @ paying for online multiplayer in 2013-2015.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

One article made it sound like 15 a month + 10 a month but then another made it sound like 2 years of service at 10 a month.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

This reminds me of Rent-A-Center. The majority know better to take a deal like that but many that don't want to pay up front won't care and will take this deal.

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Also consider, the system would be warrantied for the length of the contract.

Delete please

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

The warranty comment made me go hmmmmmmmm lol. Considering their last launch of bricks, that could be decent. Still so very leery about things. PS4 just seems to be focused on gaming this generation over being an entertainment system. Hope to see during the event.

Another Islam Thread
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hatedregret View Post
    The warranty comment made me go hmmmmmmmm lol. Considering their last launch of bricks, that could be decent. Still so very leery about things. PS4 just seems to be focused on gaming this generation over being an entertainment system. Hope to see during the event.
    I'm a bit worried about that too. Everyone should use a visa/MC to buy the next gen consoles for that extra year of warranty.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Dominico View Post
    Honestly, it'll be the same shit they show yearly at E3. Start off with another CoD, followed by 3 hours of ZOMG NEW KINECT WILL CHANGE THE WORLD then end it with a 10 second teaser for Halo 5.
    FUCKING KNEW IT. MS is so far up Activisions ass (and vice versa) that it's not even funny. Quoted from Joystiq:

Confirming rumors, Activision has revealed the next game in its billion-dollar shooter franchise; titled Call of Duty: Ghosts. The military-based FPS will arrive on the PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on November 5, and on "next-generation platforms" on an unspecified date. No Wii U version was announced.

A press release reveals the next-gen version of Ghosts will sport an all-new engine "from the developer that started it all, Infinity Ward." The series has been using the same engine, with numerous annual modifications, since 2005.

Saying it would have been "safe" for Infinity Ward to develop a fourth entry in the Modern Warfare series, Mark Rubin, executive producer of developer Infinity Ward, noted his team saw the next generation of consoles as the "perfect opportunity" to start a new chapter for the franchise. "So we're building a new sub-brand, a new engine, and a lot of new ideas and experiences for our players," he added.

Activision will debut the next-gen version of Call of Duty: Ghosts – and revealing its new engine to the world – during Microsoft's upcoming Xbox 'Next Generation' event on May 21.

Ghosts features an "all-new gameplay experience built on an entirely new story, setting and cast of characters," the press release further detailed.

An onslaught of additional info and explosion-filled marketing is expected closer to E3 2013.

Black Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amiricle Mihgo
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'd have no interest in sharing everything from my gaming either simply because most people on my FB couldn't give a shit what game I'm playing.

Would never use or want that function although I am in no way, shape or form against video games in any way as I also believe they have made me better over the years. Hell, my nephew learned to read when he was about 2 just cause no one wanted to constantly tell him what was being said in his Pokemon game every 2 minutes anymore.

Closed Thread
Page 26 of 214 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 ... LastLast