Closed Thread
Page 3 of 214 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I'm slightly more excited for the new Xbox than I am for the PS4 (I don't even have a PS3), but... my hype levels are pretty low. The direction that console gaming is going, with the trend toward Kinect and motion controls simply because the Wii sold well, doesn't attract me in the slightest.

I got a new graphics card last year and I've barely played my Xbox since then. :c I don't need all that other crap they shovel in to justify the price tag on Xbox Live when all the competitors are free and they still have ads. Not saying I won't buy a new Xbox, but they're gonna have to do something pretty spectacular and have some great exclusives.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Now, this might just be me, and correct me if im wrong, but most of the games you play on Xbox can be had on PC correct? So wouldnt it make totally more sense to just put the funds into building a PC that can run all the games that you would play on xbox and be able to do the online stuff for free?

I mean,I can understand why that wouldnt work for like, Sony or Nintendo because they do have exclusives you can't get on PC but it seems like Xbox doesnt have that going for them?

Im just thinking of some of the more major releases and stuff like DmC, Far Cry 3, Mass Effect 3, Black Ops, Resident Evil, Borderlands 2, Dishonored etc are all on PC as well.

I'm pretty sure Gears of War was never on PC but not sure on that. I know Halo was before but I don't know if 4 did come out for it not.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Quote Originally Posted by Jornna View Post
    I don't even care about specs. Specs only matter to developers really. I just want to see games.
    Unless Microsoft pulls what Sony did, don't expect many games. Sony showed a crazy amount of games for a system reveal, which was mainly due to showing what the console features (self-publishing, stuff the Move can do moving forward) or new partnerships (Blizzard, Bungie).

If you really want a good look at games, wait for E3, although I wouldn't expect much next generation exclusive games at E3 either this year.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Yeah, I know most console launches don't really have much in terms of games.

I would think Watchdogs, Diaoblo and Killzone 4 would be ready for launch. That racing game will likely be ready. I don't think Infamous will be because they only showed a trailer but if they show game play at E3 there is a change it will make launch.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I'm pretty sure Gears of War was never on PC but not sure on that.
    The first one was, but I guess Cliffy was angry that people pirated it (people pirate PC games now! Have you heard of this injustice?!) and said that he will never release another GoW game for the PC.

Also, yeah, I just built up a gaming PC and I've never looked back. The only new game I've bought for my 360 since Skyrim is Metal Gear Rising. Everything is cheaper and better for the PC.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Looking at my Gears of War pc box now. It was fun, but nobody payed the shit on online on PC.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm just trying to think of what they could show off besides games without revealing too much other than Kinect2.0(which doesn't seem that much better from the rumored specs as far as the depth sensor goes), and new XBL/Dashboard features.

Basically, I expect the same level of blueballs as Sony's event regarding any meaty details, since they have to save something for E3.

Also can't wait to see SquareEnix show off their Agni tech demo yet again and then troll us.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I bought a 360 shortly after launch and never got around to buying a ps3. Over the years, I've become increasingly angry with Microsoft over what they've done and been increasingly envious of sony peeps getting quality game exclusives, and ones that aren't shooters at that. Not only that, Xbox Live is way too restrictive on the type of content that goes up so xbox doesn't get games like Dust 514 or XIV. And having to pay to play games online just sucks. I dusted off the xbox this year for halo 4 and had to drop money on xbox live to play online, and while it didn't bother me that much before, paying to play online sucks ass. In addition, Microsoft's E3 shows have been worse than Nintendo's in recent years. They have nothing for their core audience but a couple crappy IPs and 3rd party stuff that everybody has. They've royally pissed me off by focusing on marketing bullshit and kinect shovelware. A miracle would have to happen to make me want an xbox 720.

Sony has set the bar very high with their show and I don't think Microsoft will be able to meet it, let alone surpass it. Sony seemed to be very in tune with both players and developers, and thats huge for them. I don't think Microsoft has that at all, not even a little bit of it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

is there a date for this conference yet?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    I'm pretty sure that all the information for when is in the thread title. Anything else is unreleased.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    420yoloswagnoscopes

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Edit: Rob is the Associate Editor of CVG

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiseran Gustaberg
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Akama

Quote Originally Posted by BadKarma View Post
    420yoloswagnoscopes
    I laughed WAY more than I should have

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by BadKarma View Post
    420yoloswagnoscopes
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiseran View Post
    I laughed WAY more than I should have
    Same. Would of been amazing if it turned out to be so

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

My favourite part is gonna be where they explain how always on DRM benefits the customers experience.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

http://www.mcvindia.com/news/read/ia...g-xbox/0111409

Eidos president supposedly confirms always-on DRM (internet connection always required) and used game blocking.

On the possibility of boxed retail being abandoned in favour of digital distribution, Livingstone told MCV, “Boxed games aren’t being abandoned just yet. I think the next iteration of consoles – the PS4 and the next Xbox, have got optical disc drives even though they probably don’t want to have them. Broadband speed globally isn’t at a level that justifies digital-only.”

“So they’ve gone halfway,” he added, giving the example of Microsoft’s supposed next-gen approach, “With the next Xbox, you supposedly have to have an internet connection, and the discs are watermarked, whereby once played on one console it won’t play on another. So I think the generation after that will be digital-only.”

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

RIP

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Even if thats so now, no way microsoft is gonna keep it now that sony has confirmed they arent blocking used games.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

yeah until it's official I want to believe they wouldn't be that stupid

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server