Closed Thread
Page 4 of 214 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Hope you also don't rent, borrow, lend, gamefly, or have multiple consoles.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    Hope you also don't rent, borrow, lend, gamefly, or have multiple consoles.
    Not at all.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Seems unlikely they'd do that, particularly since the PS4 won't, and because Sony owns the patent for that, unless Microsoft came across their own means of achieving the same thing.

I'd also figure the always-online also wouldn't mix well with their kinect audience, so it seems unlikely that'd be entirely forced. Most I'd see the consoles requiring online for is a one-time startup authentication.

Microsoft would be dumb as hell, but with all the copywrite hounding lately, who knows. These are the same folks who probably still intend on charging a sub fee to use what is now standard social gaming services.

Using DRM and blocks on used games is so counterproductive for how social and mainstream gaming has become. I think the above poster's example would be considered the minority of gamers nowadays. Then, you have the obvious economic burden that would make alot of potential console buyers not even think twice about choosing PS4 over a 1 and a half spin(loses spins from less popularity).

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

CVG has learned that EA has secured a partnership with the Xbox firm, according to accounts from two sources who wished to remain anonymous. However, neither person was certain of what EA will show, nor what the terms of the exclusivity partnership will be.

Due to the necessities of multiplatform development and publishing, it is likely that such a partnership will not extend beyond exclusive downloadable content, or staggered release dates. An outright exclusive EA game on the Next Xbox would be unlikely, and certainly a major coup for Microsoft if such a deal were to be secured.

Both industry sources had different speculation on what the EA partnership would be. One claimed it might be Battlefield 4, while the other suspected that Respawn Entertainment will make a surprise appearance. Neither person works for EA or Microsoft, and so could not confirm the terms of the deal.
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com...xt-xbox-event/

EA was missing from the PS Meeting....

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Why in the fuck would you block used games. That means, you can't bring games over to a friends house to play anymore. Fuck that bullshit

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    EA was missing from the PS Meeting....
    Their next big thing is Battlefield 4, which from the little we heard is supposed to be amazing and "wow" us more then battlefield 3 did pre-release. I can't see them dropping that on us on a console reveal stage. This is probably what the article mentioned, staggered release dates and exclusive dlc. I wouldn't put it past them to make console exclusive maps, weapons, etc.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Their next big thing is Battlefield 4, which from the little we heard is supposed to be amazing and "wow" us more then battlefield 3 did pre-release. I can't see them dropping that on us on a console reveal stage. This is probably what the article mentioned, staggered release dates and exclusive dlc. I wouldn't put it past them to make console exclusive maps, weapons, etc.
    "Pre-Order from Gamestop and get the final story mission to enhance your play experience! Only on Xbox 720!"

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiseran Gustaberg
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Akama

Microsoft and EA? This can't possibly end well....

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiseran View Post
    Microsoft and EA? This can't possibly end well....
    If I cared about NFL games I'd be mad about it. Other than that I can't say I give a shit about EA franchises until Mirror's Edge 2 is announced. 69.99 MSRP, $20 season passes, 'double exp' pay to win schemes ahoy.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    'double exp' pay to win schemes ahoy.
    funny you should mention that....

Sure do love modern gaming...

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

As a fan of THQs wrestling games, I'm so glad TakeTwo got the rights to them instead of EA.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

if you buy the season pass for the new Gears of War you get permanent double exp

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

If shit like that comes to pass. I'll just go back and pay ask the games I ever wanted to play but missed out on past consoles

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Seanr View Post
    If shit like that comes to pass. I'll just go back and pay ask the games I ever wanted to play but missed out on past consoles
    Is it bad that I wish for this to happen so that I can go back and play games I've missed over the past 2 decades? I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be done with all of them until the PlayStation 5 comes out.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Even if they did block used game, I doubt they'd only tie them to a specific console. That's Nintendo's handling of downloaded content (or at least has been).

Current XBox downloaded content gets bound to the console its purchased on, allowing any account logging into that XBox to use it, online or offline (can be changed like once a year, I think?). It can -also- be used on pretty much any other XBox if that system is online and the account that the content is bound to is logged in.

Slightly different from Sony's Apple-like approach of having several authorized devices at a time.

Either way, -if- they were doing a bound-to-console system, my assumption would be that it'd have similar functionality. You'd be able to bring your game to a friend's house, just need to log into their system on your account to play it. It'd just be bound to a "home" console too, for anyone playing on that to be able to use with no fuss.

Not that it isn't still restrictive, but realistically it's the same model that quite a lot of other media is utilizing and finding profitable.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rokku Swarfjaryn
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Sure, why wouldn't they? It's not like there's not any precedence for a company deciding that they know what consumers want more than the consumers, "setting a trend", and moving forward with something obtuse or stupid (especially in gaming). Hell, they probably wouldn't even lose as many sales as people like to imagine, just on the grounds of fanboys/brand zealots/consumer apathy, so if they think it'd secure them more money from the publishers and better impact their bottom line, I could absolutely see Ballmer letting them go down that road. The only thing it'd really do in the end is put the Nextbox behind the PS4, it's not like it'd totally sink the hardware.

Also, I like how we've reached the point of reporting on an unconfirmed partnership that no one can confirm what it actually is or if it actually exists coming from sources that work for neither EA or Microsoft. Sounds like some pretty reliable information to me. EA's all about money though, there's no way they're going to stiff themselves by not putting out multiplat games, if it's anything it'll likely just be some exclusive content for a couple of titles.

Another Islam Thread
    BG Level

If they do block used games, i hope some devs realize that the revenue they gain from a few more sales will only balance out what they lose on DLC sales from second-hand owners.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I can halfway understand tying downloads to an account or system, or having a certain amount of machines authorized for digital shit like iTunes almost. But blocking disc games from being used in your friends system is garbage, no more bringing Madden or 2k to your boys house to play. And then rumors of games going back up to $70... All this greed is going to hurt them

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Good thing for me none of my friends play vidya, let alone xbawks!

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 214 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast