Closed Thread
Page 8 of 214 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast
    D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I don't have a wish for console gaming to die. I feel that it would be best if it did, but I don't sit here actively wanting it to go away. I think there are some advantages but in the end you're being hoodwinked by the man here.

Not sure how what I said makes me selfish either, unless you meant some other word. *shrug* y so srs?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Don't try to defend yourself. You went into a console thread and said "I wish consoles would die." Stupid ass post

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Nope... that's not what I said. You can go back and take a look to see exactly what I posted. Keep flinging the insults bro.

I'll watch the event when it happens, should be "interesting". In any case, enjoy your next brobox installment peoples.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Not everyone has internet connection. Not everyone wants to buy a gaming PC for their child, I do agree xbox live gold is BS, micro transactions are bullshit as well

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Two Kotaku sources have added more credence to the rumor that the next Xbox, expected to battle the PlayStation 4 in late 2013 or early 2014, will be an always-online system, though it will be able to tolerate dropped connections.

"Unless something has changed recently," one of the sources told us over email, "Durango consumer units must have an active internet connection to be used."

Durango is the codename for the next-gen Xbox.

"If there isn't a connection, no games or apps can be started," the source continued. "If the connection is interrupted then after a period of time - currently three minutes, if I remember correctly - the game/app is suspended and the network troubleshooter started."

The PS4 will not require an online connection to start or run games, Sony has confirmed. No gaming console ever has.
    http://kotaku.com/the-next-xbox-will...o-st-470062456

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Refuse to believe this until its announced. No company could be so stupid as to shoot themselves in the foot like that.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I personally didn't care about the used game thing, but I have zero desire to ever buy a console that would require always online. It's not even that I don't always have my ps3/360 online now anyways, but there are times when my Internet takes a dump on me or just gives me issues. And ill be damned if I can't play my console system when that happens.

Only thing is not a single ps4 was wrong, and this rumor keeps getting brought up and reaffirmed, so I'm expecting it to be true at this point. If it is true then Microsoft just got too big for its britches

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=534951
    "Microsoft Studios' creative director has some choice words about always-online"

http://i.minus.com/jF1Mjq5MZmVHd.png

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Fuck outta here with that bullshit. Far too many times I find myself in the below situation:

"Damn theres an outage in the area... Guess I'll play some <insert single player game here>"

I doubt the PS4 is going to do it as they've already said they wouldn't. Also, Sony would benefit far more from letting Microsoft do that shit themselves. Kotaku is full of shit.

The worst is when they try to do that with mobile games. Like fuck me for paying money to play FF2 on the subway... I gotta remember to open the game before I go into the tube just to get past the connection check at launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=534951
    "Microsoft Studios' creative director has some choice words about always-online"

http://i.minus.com/jF1Mjq5MZmVHd.png
    Wow... I hope he gets blown up with these Tweets. Come the F on...

Banned.

BG Level

I was leaning Xbox for my first next gen purchase but if they make it always on I won't buy it out of rebellion as its a fucking dumb idea that's going to alienate a lot of buyers. I usually don't have internet issues but sometimes a heavy snowstorm happens and cable goes out, I shouldn't be penalized for circumstances outside of my control. And some people live in dorm rooms or apartments with shared wifi that bricks under heavy loads. Just a completely bad move on Microsoft if this is true.

I don't mind that they charge for Gold though because people actually get banned for cheating / abuse in multiplayer and I think it's a decent enough service whereas Sony seems to be getting cheaper and lazier and turning into a company I wish to support less and less the more I see and hear from them.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Wow, what a jackass.

Definitely will not buy if this is true, basically for all the reasons Perm explained. Fucking horrible idea.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

so this basically confirms 720 is always online. can't wait or them to revise their plan when a year after release the 720 has sold less than the WiiU

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Wow, what a cunt. Yeah, PS4 for me if this always online shit sticks.

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Yall niggas, lol

Many what a moron. US is not half bad comparing to Europe, no one there will buy this shit

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Do your homework and read the pre-dev hype for the original Xbox and for the PS2. Yall dont know better by now?

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

lol we now will know the console of choice when it comes to FGC tournaments.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Remember how innovative that PS2 HDD was supposed to be and what not? I remember prepaying for it based solely on that premise alone. I loved my PS2 but come on, yall niggas take a comment and run that shit into the ground lol.

You know yall fucking up when Salodin is the voice of reason in this motherfucker.

Banned.

BG Level

We've learned, look how carefully worded and mild our freak outs are.

And let's be real, we all bought the HDD for the FFXI bundle.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 214 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast