Page 24 of 214 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 74 ... LastLast
    Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Skidz View Post
    fingers crossed its not an hour of kinect 2.0. And thats cool that they live-stream this shit over XBL and TV.
    I wonder if i'll be able to watch it on xbox with my silver membership. You know, the one time MS is gonna be wanting everybody who's ever bought an xbox to come back to them...

Science Fiction Super Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

itt: people

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

So much MS hatred. Typical BG.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Paul Thurrott, the first source to claim the next Xbox’s yesterday-confirmed May 21 reveal date, has gone live with a new story detailing what he knows about Microsoft’s new system.

We’ve heard some of these claims from Thurrott before. But there are some new ones there, too. The bullets below are all according to Thurrott. Take this information with a grain of salt until confirmed or denied.

• Announcement: As teased yesterday, Microsoft will announce the new Xbox on May 21. According to Thurrott, this is to “better position the device against the PlayStation 4,” which Sony announced on February 20.
    • Full Details: Though it will be announced on May 21, Microsoft will fully detail the system, including launch lineup, at E3 in June.
    • Developer Platform: Microsoft will discuss the Xbox developer platform at the Build conference in late June, “based on clues on the Build website.”
    • Release Date: The next Xbox will launch in early November 2013.
    • Windows 8: The next Xbox is based on the “Core” version of Windows 8, which, according to Thurrott, “suggests a common apps platform” or “one similar to Windows 8.”
    • Price: The system will launch at two prices. The standalone model will cost $499. A $299 model, which requires a two-year Xbox LIVE Gold subscription plus an additional $10 a month, will also be released.
    • Yuma: Microsoft originally planned to offer a full version and an “entertainment” version of the next Xbox code-named “Yuma,” but put those plans on hold.
    • Blu-ray: The next Xbox wil use a Blu-ray disc reader.
    • Always-On: The next Xbox “must be internet-connected to use.” According to Thurrott, “this is the source of the ‘always on’/'always online’ rumors and isn’t as Draconian as many seem to believe.”
    • Xbox 360: A third Xbox 360 revision will be released this year at a “slightly less expensive” price than previous models. Code-named “Stingray,” Thurrott said it is “not clear if this device is required because the next Xbox isn’t backwards compatible, or because Microsoft simply wants a low-cost entertainment box alternative.”
    http://gematsu.com/2013/04/paul-thur...l-reveal-at-e3
    http://windowsitpro.com/paul-thurrot...omes-next-xbox

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

A $299 model, which requires a two-year Xbox LIVE Gold subscription plus an additional $10 a month, will also be released.
    >_>; might as well pay the extra money at that point.. or is this going to be required for both..?

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

That's bullshit, thanks to getting 1 year live cards for my bday and xmas, i have a subscription til 2015. There's no point in getting the $299 model for me at all. Lol

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

The "cheaper" model is insane, I can see the logic behind it but I'm really curious how many they expect to sell that way. $500 is too much for a day 1 purchase for me, kinda curious how their online shit is gonna pan out. Sounds like its not "always on" as such but will require verification of some sort... hopefully not every time you boot up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitsuki View Post
    That's bullshit, thanks to getting 1 year live cards for my bday and xmas, i have a subscription til 2015. There's no point in getting the $299 model for me at all. Lol
    It's also $15/month xbox live sub and not the $60 or yearly you can get, or the infinite discounts you can find all over the place for like $30-40/yearly xbox live. Also LOL @ xbox live still existing in 2013/2014, fucking paying monthly to play multiplayer. Literally every other electronic device IN THE FUCKING UNIVERSE(yes, even alien devices) can play online multiplayer FOR FREE if connected via wifi. Fuck off microsoft.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    It's also $15/month xbox live sub and not the $60 or yearly you can get, or the infinite discounts you can find all over the place for like $30-40/yearly xbox live. Also LOL @ xbox live still existing in 2013/2014, fucking paying monthly to play multiplayer. Literally every other electronic device IN THE FUCKING UNIVERSE(yes, even alien devices) can play online multiplayer FOR FREE if connected via wifi. Fuck off microsoft.
    Not that it makes much of a difference but its actually $299 and then 2 years of Xbox Live at $10 a month. So $120 a year which is still a rip off. But means you either pay $499 right off the bat or 539 in the long run which isnt as bad.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

the way it's worded is a bit awkward because it says it requires the XBL membership and an additional 10 dollars a month, so I don't know if that means the monthly amount would actually be a lot higher or what. if it's just ten a month then the plan is actually cheaper than buying up front and 2 years of XBL, paying up front would only be cheaper if you didn't need to buy 2 years of Live.

BG Level

I was going off the article on IGN.

Following up on his report earlier this month, Thurrott reiterated that “Microsoft will initially offer two pricing models for the console: a standalone version for $499 and a $299 version that requires a two-year Xbox LIVE Gold commitment at an expected price of $10 per month.” He also reports that the system “will launch in early November 2013.”

So yeah, if its 10 a month, its really not THAT bad. Only an extra 30 in the long run and if you don't have gold at all, will actually save you money.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jornna View Post
    So yeah, if its 10 a month, its really not THAT bad. Only an extra 30 in the long run and if you don't have gold at all, will actually save you money.
    XBox Live Gold goes on sale at $34.99/year periodically. $10/month is a fucking ripoff.

BG Level

Well, if you DONT have gold and looking to get a 720, its actually a better deal. 539 dollars vs 569

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    XBox Live Gold goes on sale at $34.99/year periodically. $10/month is a fucking ripoff.
    Xbox live existing is a fucking rip off. How can microsoft justify paying to play video games online in 2013? Iphone? Free Wii? Free. Wii u? Free Vita? Free. 3Ds? Free PSP? Free PS3? Free Ipad? Free PC? Free

I couldn't even upload my pawn, or use other peoples pawns in dragon's dogma, because I don't have xbox gold. That isn't even multiplayer, that's a CORE FUNCTION OF THE GAME I CANNOT USE. What the fuck is that shit?

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Not gonna defend having to pay to play for online, but its really not that expensive.

Leaked set-list track for Xbox Event

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

The thing is, millions of people buy it, so I can't see them suddenly deciding not to charge for it. (It's the same reason I don't bitch and whine about DLC and map packs and whatnot, until some absurdly stupid breaking point a large number of people will keep buying and supporting it, so no need for me to get all butthurt, it isn't going to change any time soon) Best case I can think of is maybe if they keep adding more stupid shit to XBL that I don't want, until there is enough 'entertainment' to require a fee, and then letting online gaming be free, but realistically I don't see that happening.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by BadKarma View Post
    So much MS hatred. Typical BG.
    yet..... its all warranted lol.

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Not gonna defend having to pay to play for online, but its really not that expensive.
    I agree with you yet I find myself nowadays thinking I'd rather buy a new coffee maker than pay for another year of xbox live.

Closed Thread
Page 24 of 214 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 74 ... LastLast