#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Aww, so close. Anything I can help you with in terms of advice/strategy/etc? That feeling when you kill her for the first time is so good, and once you've killed her once, it doesn't take too long to put her on farm status.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice View Post
    Aww, so close. Anything I can help you with in terms of advice/strategy/etc? That feeling when you kill her for the first time is so good, and once you've killed her once, it doesn't take too long to put her on farm status.
    feel like we just not getting crits when we need them the most even with a mystic @ 2nd phase im lucky to get 3-4 FB crits the entire fight me and archer have Regent +12. zerker has abyss +12

everything else goes smooth @ debuffs and shit. We just started last Thursday night as a static each attempt got us a little closer. At the beginning the melee were having trouble with donuts speed. But now we can confidently get it to 30% without many hiccups. Just that final 10% push feels like we aren't hitting her hard enough. But with time i'm sure we got it.

Sundays night attempt was 3.9% last night we got her to 6% but for unforseen reasons i had to leave my pc in the middle of the gdamn fight. That cost us too much time and we ended up raging her.

Gloves +10 with power
    zyrks are all power
    Regent disc is 2x Behind, Speed, enrage
    using Savagery scrolls yada yada

question Does the queen enrage and is here anyway to tell?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

The queen does enrage, but I'm not sure what the visual cue is. I know my tank forces an enrage shortly after the pull, and then again during the burn at 30%.

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

With two +12 regent weapons, damage should be more than I enough, though it sounds like deaths are more to the Queen's Wrath after her crawl/final push rather than timing out in most cases. In the cases of her increased damage output after the crawl, the biggest problem most groups have is that it's amplified by her 30% additional attack speed from the three buff stacks.

There's a few ways to make this easier, the first (which is what my group does) is to push hard at 30%, taking advantage of a double standup. Hold all damage at around 30.1% or so, slightly higher is okay, and wait for the next debuff swap; swap your debuffs and then push her hard and fast. Since 30% is a scripted stand, she'll stand up again following the first one, which you can all skip since your previous debuffs are still fresh. If you can manage to push her hard at the 30% mark, she won't move again for the rest of the fight as she'll follow the pattern of Stand (timed) -> Stand (scripted, 30%) -> Barrier (30%) -> Stand (timed) -> Stand (scripted, 20%) -> Barrier (20%). Make sure your tank (if Lancer) uses Infuriate as she comes down from the second stand-up at the 20% mark to guarantee she's enraged for added damage. By the time she's coming out of the second barrier, you ideally want to have push her to below 8%, as that will trigger her to enter her crawl. She'll get her Queen's Wrath (which is 20% aspd & 100% power), but she won't get her attack speed buffs, which leaves her quite a bit more manageable.

In the event that you're just not able to push her below 8% before she finishes her second barrier (barriers are considered "finished" after she enters her stagger animation after the tail attack; right before "You must know you won't escape" appears on-screen), your next safest time to push is to stop damage at or around 8.1%, and wait for the next debuff swap. Swap your debuffs when it's time, and then push hard. Following the stand-up, she'll immediately crawl which will give you a few more seconds. After a debuff swap, she will almost always follow it with a buff phase (i.e. "Great Ones! Lend me your powers!"), since she's already crawled and received the buff that way, plague/regressing it is pointless, additionally, that animation locks her for a little longer so there's even more time there. Remember that she's extremely fast now though, so after the second "shake" of the buff phase animation, any DPS with low mobility (and even those with good mobility, imo; since you need fast reflexes if she explodes), she get away and prepare for her next follow-up attack.

I should also point out that as of late, it seems she has the ability go out of order from what she was able to do prior to the f2p patch; for this reason, if she recently did the buff phase (within the last 30 seconds or so) prior to her crawl, there's a high chance that she will instead not do the buff phase after the crawl, and probably do a few rounds of attacks before reattempting the buff.

From there, it's just a matter of chasing her down and trying to survive. If she doubles or even triple cheeses (that's what my group calls it, but essentially the dive-and-AoE-on-target) someone, it's practically game over for that person. Whoever she dives on, make sure they're always aware of it so that they don't A) Lead the AoE back into party members, and B) drops the AoE under the queen, as that will make it so that close-range DPS can't damage her during her brief respite where she drops the AoE. Also, don't forget Goddess's Blessings. They're only like 100g (or less) a pop now, and for progression/first time kills, they're pretty invaluable.

I've attached a video of our most recent kill showing the push at 30%; we're mostly fucking around, so the 30% in the video doesn't go exactly as a described above, but the damage output is generally the same.

Edit: The queen spends about 70% of the fight enraged; so all DPS should be using Focused cruxes.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice View Post
    If she doubles or even triple cheeses (that's what my group calls it, but essentially the dive-and-AoE-on-target) someone, it's practically game over for that person.
    To add to this since Shidobu is a sorc, you can survive a triple dive under 8% if you backstep the first dive, stoneskin the second dive, and backstep the third dive. Always try to be aware of where the healer is and backstep towards them.

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

The real question at that point is whether the queen trolls you or not; even if she only dives on you twice, if those two times come at the end (since dives are usually in sets of two or three), and if she decides to explode next, and you're still in your stoneskin from dodging the second dive, it won't be pretty. Seen it happen so many times during progression.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

Yeah, things like that can happen. But your only other option is to die in the dive puddle. Chances of you being able to run out of it before you die are very low unless the healer can pull off a clutch heal.

Things can get pretty chaotic under 8% on progression clears. With practice you will get to a point where she dies before she can use any of those abilities, either she dies during the walk, or during a power buff or debuff phase directly after the walk. But that's probably unlikely to happen for your first clear.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

lol... did you have to make my post the first post lol delete mine (or move it) and put Ava's as the first one rofl

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

lol

I'll clean it up in a bit.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

And down, No regent no quil.

Spoiler: show
    Doesn't matter had sex

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Congrats~

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

Hmm, so this is probably the best place to post this, but anyone else notice that she seems to have been nerfed yesterday? Her attacks are super slow now, like MCNM attack speeds. Unless she's enraged, then it seems normal. It was pretty clear for my group, and a couple of my friends' groups said they saw it as well.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsun Tsun
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

My healer says they changed how the poison mobs spawn they pick target faster now and he can't always get the hate on them in time

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

didnt seem like it 2 me but im a sorc.. im never in any real threat of donuts/burst

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Pilfer View Post
    My healer says they changed how the poison mobs spawn they pick target faster now and he can't always get the hate on them in time
    i did notice this.

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Pyree View Post
    Hmm, so this is probably the best place to post this, but anyone else notice that she seems to have been nerfed yesterday? Her attacks are super slow now, like MCNM attack speeds. Unless she's enraged, then it seems normal. It was pretty clear for my group, and a couple of my friends' groups said they saw it as well.
    It's a combination of not being enraged, like you suggested, and being extremely used to the fight. The better you know a mob's tells, the more likely it'll seem slow when you can accurately predict their actions.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

No, I mean, I have over 100 clears of it before the patch, I don't think it's that I'm just now getting used to the abilities. Since the patch she's as slow as NM non-enraged, and everyone in my group noticed it at exactly the same time on our first run of the night. I'll record a video of our kills tonight and compare it to older videos on youtube (unfortunately it looks like twitch deletes old streams, so I don't have any of my old videos).

It's really weird though, because a couple other groups have told me they noticed the same thing last night, and a couple other groups told me they didn't notice a change.

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I haven't noticed anything then. Just ran her six times back-to-back and it didn't seem any different than before the Thursday patch, other than that now she opens with a pool in cocoon rather than double arrows.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I need some tips on MCNM Phase 1. I am a Priest and everytime I tried to agro with Focus Heal. The long animation would always allow mobs to catch me and then i wont be able to mount. Is there a trick to do this cleanly? My party did not get wiped by it is always a bit messy.