BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Darkfall: Unholy Wars

Has anyone been following this "rebuild"? Looks absolutely massive. I like the idea of your path being "open" with many places to go at once rather than having to follow a predefined set of zones. The combat looks interesting too, certainly not normal MMO fare. Anyone know more about it?

The World

Crafting

Clans

Skirmisher - Brawler

Skirmisher - Dead Eye

Elementalist - Fire

Elementalist - Air

Warrior - Battlebrand

Warrior - Baresark

http://www.darkfallonline.com/

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

the first darkfall had huge potential because you had to aim spells/arrows/melee yourself, but what ultimately ruined it was the lack of an "end" or skill cap. There were tons of skills and you could have all of them if you did the never ending grind, which made you hit harder, have more hp, etc. In addition to this, you could afk macro your character with programs like AutoIT to gain skills while you slept. This would be fine in a pve game, but darkfall is 100% pvp based (the pve was a joke). With no skill cap, whoever played more or macroed more had the better character, so in theory you would never reach equal level with someone who started 6 months before you. If they fix this aspect of it, the game could be legendary like UO or other games with great open world pvp and I hope they fix it. I don't know anyone in the closed beta so I'm not too sure about the re-relase.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by wolp View Post
    the first darkfall had huge potential because you had to aim spells/arrows/melee yourself, but what ultimately ruined it was the lack of an "end" or skill cap. There were tons of skills and you could have all of them if you did the never ending grind, which made you hit harder, have more hp, etc. In addition to this, you could afk macro your character with programs like AutoIT to gain skills while you slept. This would be fine in a pve game, but darkfall is 100% pvp based (the pve was a joke). With no skill cap, whoever played more or macroed more had the better character, so in theory you would never reach equal level with someone who started 6 months before you. If they fix this aspect of it, the game could be legendary like UO or other games with great open world pvp and I hope they fix it. I don't know anyone in the closed beta so I'm not too sure about the re-relase.

They have put in skill caps and made the skill system much more simpler for people to figure out. But the game still features FFA Full Loot. You can loose everything you have, even you gear.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

So it's hardcore PvP then? Excellent. We really don't have enough of those. Closest thing to hardcore PvP that I've played is Wizardry and that has ways of weaseling out of permadeath/losing your items.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    So it's hardcore PvP then? Excellent. We really don't have enough of those. Closest thing to hardcore PvP that I've played is Wizardry and that has ways of weaseling out of permadeath/losing your items.
    Yes it is a very hardcore PVP game at it's core. It also has actiony combat like Tera does.

In the old version there was 0 safe zones at all, so you could be ganked anywhere. But the new version has safe zones in cites and such, so crafters can now craft in peace..lol

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Darkfall:UW officially launches today. If anyone is looking for a more hardcore full loot pvp game, this is it !

The servers are really busy atm, but you can check out the game here

http://www.darkfallonline.com/