Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 184 of 307 FirstFirst ... 134 174 182 183 184 185 186 194 234 ... LastLast
    Campaign
    BG Level

Went to bed yesterday in the end and not home atm. I'll do my best to test once I'm back <3

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Tested on live branch. TParty, ZoneTimer, SpeechChecker, Pointwatch, Distance, PetTP, ConsoleBG, ScoreBoard, Reive, and Timers all appear to work. Idk which ones are useful to you aside from ones you listed (I don't use Clock) but there you go

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I tested Clock, seems to be working. Never used Clock before; a small text "EST 03:52:59" appears at the top of the screen. I assume that's all it's supposed to do, if so then it's working. I also use Text and it's working the same as before. Edit: on dev

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

If anyone can confirm that this version of Timers is working right I can push it live. It should now have all (and some more) features of the original version.

The only problem is that some buffs may not appear in the buff list, as we need to maintain a manual list. If you find one such buff, tell us which it is and and what spell you used to cast it. For example, just "Protect" isn't enough, we need to know if it was "Protect II", "Protect V" or "Protectra III" that cast it, and so on.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Just to update, there have been two more updates since my last post. Same link as above:
    http://update.windower.net/dev/plugins/Timers.dll

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'll give the new one a try, I crashed a couple times on the previous version. Protect III and Shell II are showing up just fine, no other buffs I've tried are missing.

Edit: I'll provide a crash dump if I keep crashing.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

No more crashes on the new version; everything looks good. Sorry I can't help more on missing buffs.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Triple post! Actually, I can report one. Steal is coming up as Unknown.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Yeah, Steal is not a Timers issue though. Steal, for w/e reason, does not exist in the recast resources (it should be ID 60 in Windower/res/ability_recasts.lua, but as you can see ID 60 is skipped). I'm trying to get to the bottom of why this happens.

Campaign
    BG Level

Byrth did you come up with some idea regarding my random issue with gear not swapping for Troubadour in Gearswap?
    Even some idea for additional tests that I could perform to nail down the problem.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Byrth did you come up with some idea regarding my random issue with gear not swapping for Troubadour in Gearswap?
    Even some idea for additional tests that I could perform to nail down the problem.
    so far you are the only one having this issue, I dont coz I dont have a macro for both JA.. I just use menu...
    so a Simple fix SE Macro
    /equip ... JA Gear
    /equip ... JA Gear
    /raw /ja ...
    /wait 1
    /raw /ja...

/raw is a windower command that make the command bypass "everything"... so GS wont trigger..
    problem fixed...

Campaign
    BG Level

Uhm... that's a simple but very effective temporary solution I didn't think about.
    But I still would kinda want to understand where the issue is because afaik it might happen on other jobs/other slots and I just haven't noticed yet :D

Campaign
    BG Level

Recap on timers:

1) The disappearing buffs/Blank lines issue seems gone
    2) The "merging" songs issue seems gone
    3) Coloured mode is still off with high/low switched etc.
    4) Text mode doesn't display the target/AoE next to the buff name
    5) Sometimes a line with a lot of symbols and data wide, I dunno, 600 pixels? Appears in the middle of the screen when I pianissimo buff songs, often but not all the time. I tried to screenshot it but it's too fast
    6) It doesn't get the cooldown of SP1 (it flashes as 0:00 for a sec, then disappears as if ready, but it's not)
    7) SP2 do not display the name, even if it's in the resources
    9) what's "extendtext" option for?
    10) What's "customlowtohigh" for?
    11) It now displays the buff time of debuffs... it never did this in the past. I dunno, it might be useful, and I guess we could blacklist/whitelist debuffs, but majority of debuffs do not have a fixed duration so it doesn't seem like a big thing to me, more like additional useless stuff cluttering screenspace.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

debuff timers sounds good to me. one thing i dont think we need is it to say (AoE) next to spells that are obviously aoe like protectra. To me the only time i need targets named is in a single target buff like haste ect or possibly debuffs (even if it isnt exact it can give you a decent measure of when it might wear), or some self buffs. Having a timer for protectra is nice, I just dont need it to say (Aoe) next to it.

Someone once told me having timers for things like sleep spells isnt necessary cause they dont last the same time every time (he plays brd alot and i dont so maybe brd sleeps are different then blms), maybe they dont have skills to cap but mine almost always wear (Unless its somethign that has resistance specifically) when the timers i had in spellcast (and now gearswap) predict them to (I have it so when the duration is half up i get a echo sayin seconds to wear, then one at 15 secs and 5 secs to wearing. Its nice cause i can have sleepga primed for casting or breakga casted to bridge the gap or keep something slept)

One thing I would like is if a jig or samba or maybe even step duration (might be hard with more steps extending the timer) was shown. I havent tried this new timers though so i do not know if it shows these now.

Campaign
    BG Level

Sleep/Lullaby duration is usually pretty consistant (unless you spam it on the same nom producing reduce returns).
    It's the majority of other buffs which, in spite of having a basic duration, have pretty random numbers according to the target, its stats etc.
    Not saying having timers for debuffs is bad, but it would be able to have a single switch to turn debuffs off, instead of having to type every single name into the blacklist.

Campaign
    BG Level

Random timer errors while on PUP fighting Anantaboga:

"timers encountered a fatal error and must be terminated. Error: Access violation in IncomingChunk method.
    timers - Plugin successfully unloaded."

version 3.2.0.1

Edit:
    Happened again fighting Nosferatu, still on PUP.

"timers encountered a fatal error and must be terminated. Error: Integer divide-by-zero in IncomingChunk method.
    timers - Plugin successfuly unloaded"

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Edit: Nvm. Manually downloaded timers from the link above.. thought fixes had been pushed to live.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I have an addon for automatic JP -> english translation that's at a very preliminary stage and isn't really worth adding to the repo yet. It currently only translates phrases that show up in the windower resources, but I'm going to make it compatible with custom dictionaries before release (and add english -> JP if there's any demand for it). I'll probably package this dictionary with the addon, though I don't have it translated into a Lua table just yet. Here is an example of how it currently works:

Untranslated:

Translated:

If you want to test it for me, download it and put it in a folder named "translate" inside of the addons folder, so that the file path is ../windower/addons/translate/translate.lua. Then use //lua l translate

Known issues:
    * Not sure why, but something about what I'm doing messes up the chat log when it's expanded. It doesn't blank it, just adds strange codes in some places.
    * Short job names are very useful, but they're very susceptible to type 2 error. A lot of shouts end up with PUP in them, and I'm pretty sure that PUP isn't an integral part of JP strategies.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Random timer errors while on PUP fighting Anantaboga:

"timers encountered a fatal error and must be terminated. Error: Access violation in IncomingChunk method.
    timers - Plugin successfully unloaded."

version 3.2.0.1

Edit:
    Happened again fighting Nosferatu, still on PUP.

"timers encountered a fatal error and must be terminated. Error: Integer divide-by-zero in IncomingChunk method.
    timers - Plugin successfuly unloaded"
    Appearently there are also more severe issues with Timers.
    I was getting random crashes yesterday and today. (Pol Crashes)
    After I unloaded Timers never got one again.
    Was on PUP doing salvage and various stuff.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    I have an addon for automatic JP -> english translation that's at a very preliminary stage and isn't really worth adding to the repo yet. It currently only translates phrases that show up in the windower resources, but I'm going to make it compatible with custom dictionaries before release (and add english -> JP if there's any demand for it). I'll probably package this dictionary with the addon, though I don't have it translated into a Lua table just yet. Here is an example of how it currently works:

Untranslated:

Translated:

If you want to test it for me, download it and put it in a folder named "translate" inside of the addons folder, so that the file path is ../windower/addons/translate/translate.lua. Then use //lua l translate

Known issues:
    * Not sure why, but something about what I'm doing messes up the chat log when it's expanded. It doesn't blank it, just adds strange codes in some places.
    * Short job names are very useful, but they're very susceptible to type 2 error. A lot of shouts end up with PUP in them, and I'm pretty sure that PUP isn't an integral part of JP strategies.
    This would be an absolute godsend, words don't even describe my excitement. :3 Guessing it works for scoms as well?