Page 3 of 307 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

First invited, last in the zone.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

The binder plugin gives me a "Found Device: Logitech G11 Gaming Keyboard" when I load it (which is what I have), but I can't seem to alias or bind any of the keys. Aliases just don't work and bind gives me an "invalid key provided".

Edit: Never mind, found the new syntax in the windower forum.

So I got W4 earlier and here are things I noticed:
    Launches faster than last version BUT takes ages to log in and get into game, literally ages (3mins~) where with the old one it lags a bit on launch but rest is fast.
    I ALT-TAB like mad when 2/3boxing and with the high res thing on it is really laggy to tab between windows, haven't tried with it off so it could be my hardware. Too much to -box safely though.

Insert witty title here
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by TheDangerousDave View Post
    So I got W4 earlier and here are things I noticed:
    Launches faster than last version BUT takes ages to log in and get into game, literally ages (3mins~) where with the old one it lags a bit on launch but rest is fast.
    I ALT-TAB like mad when 2/3boxing and with the high res thing on it is really laggy to tab between windows, haven't tried with it off so it could be my hardware. Too much to -box safely though.
    Posted this on windower forums, but bg has way faster replies.

I can't find where in the launcher to change the background resolution for the game. I tried with supersampling both off and on, and while the game looks really good, my laptop can't handle it running with double background resolution (not sure if double, but it looks like it is), so then I'm stuck at ~19fps in my moghouse, standing there naked, not doing anything. I tried changing it in the vanila ffxi config, but that didn't do anything.

I'm also back to getting an error when doing a /shutdown without unloading all my plugins. Not a big deal, just hadn't seen it in a long time while back on 3.4x

Even dropping back down to a windowed game at 800x600 resolution, just to try to eliminate the lag didn't help. I'm at 7.6fps in Lower Jueno at the AH, when I used to get 25+ there with the old config in windower3.4x

Shirai

Quote Originally Posted by Ihm View Post
    Firstly, if you go to google and search for "windows 8 take ownership", the first link should be to eightforums, that will (Assuming its the right page, I don't have url posting permissions yet >.<) add a Take Ownership button onto your right click menu. If you then right click your windower folder and click Take Ownership then it will take over that folder properly allowing you to actually do stuff you want...

That's the only thing I really dislike about Windows 8, it winds me up to no end, and I've been using it since release x.x. Hopefully that helps~
    Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    It worked!

My thanks to both of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyvian View Post
    It's possible to turn UAC off via a registry edit, but any program that is categorized as an "app" (runs in the new Start interface), won't run while it is off. You have a choice of where to install it, so I installed mine in the root of C drive and I'm having no problems with editing there (C:\Windower4)
    This would probably work as well, but I'm not a huge fan of installing programs on my drive's Root.
    Could've gone with my gaming drive though, just didn't realise I would run into this. Thanks for the tip anyway.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Wrote an answering machine addon: https://github.com/Windower/Lua/tree...sweringmachine

To use it:
    * Place it in ../Windower 4.0/addons/answeringmachine/
    * Type //lua l answeringmachine in game
    * Type "am help" in the console for a list of commands (Play, Clear, List)

It is pretty basic at the moment, but if you turn it on at night and come back in the morning you should be able to see who sent you tells without having to look back through your logs.

Also, I'm not sure if there is a reachable upper limit on the number of messages it can store. I've gone up to 60 messages, but I got tired of spamming my mule with stuff. I wouldn't leave the answering machine on while you have long cyber sessions with your e-lovah.

ftr, I only started using Lua about 3 days ago. It is very easy to pick up if you know a programming language already (including MATLAB). The main thing you will have to learn is how it uses "tables."

Oh yeah I forgot to mention when I shut down it went crazy, both FFXI instances were black screen and not responding so I had to go through task manager to get rid of them. With old windower I can shutdown one instance fine then I had to close the other manually after shutdown cus it black screens, but not like w4.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ihm Kasukabe
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Shirai View Post
    It worked!

My thanks to both of you.

This would probably work as well, but I'm not a huge fan of installing programs on my drive's Root.
    Could've gone with my gaming drive though, just didn't realise I would run into this. Thanks for the tip anyway.
    Yup that was the correct link, glad it works~

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Pushed out a quick Lua update to make modules and file IO a bit easier.

You can now use the lua_base_path global to get the directory of your addon. It will contain something along the lines of "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windower4\addons\<your addon>\".

The LUA_PATH (where lua looks to load modules) global has also been set to include the following paths:
    addons\addonName\
    addons\libs\

This should make it easier to work with multiple files or shared libraries. For example, let's say you have the following:
    addons\myAddon\include1.lua
    Code:
    function foo()
      write("This is an addon module")
    end
    and
    addons\libs\include2.lua
    Code:
    function bar()
      write("This is a shared module")
    end
    You could then write:
    addons\myAddon\myAddon.lua
    Code:
    require "include1"
    require "include2"
    function event_load()
      foo()
      bar()
    end

Aureus, still having a good deal of issues getting XI-Utils to play nice in the sandbox with Windower4 (hur hur, get it?). While XI-Utils itself would crash in the past every few days (and could be reloaded quickly), I'm having issues with it crashing much more frequently and also sometimes even just logging in a client. I'm not sure if it's just me, though.

Windows 7 Home Premium. Everything up to date, Helper.dll copied over, etc. Only plugins enabled are Pricer, Info, and Sandbox. Should/could I be using Send plugin via XI-Utils?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Disable Pricer and PlayerInfo. Those two were crashing me last night.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

So I ultimately to make a simple lua script that: if I have a wyvern, execs SoulJump.txt, if I don't, execs Jump.txt. Before this, (since I don't know how to check if a wyvern exists in lua...) I was trying to make a lua script that just executed Souljump.txt ... So I made DRGJump.lua and stuck it in \scripts... and when I do lua e DRGJump.lua I get a "file does not exist" error. I tried sticking it in \addons, same error.

Where do lua scripts go?

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Foldypaws View Post
    So I ultimately to make a simple lua script that: if I have a wyvern, execs SoulJump.txt, if I don't, execs Jump.txt. Before this, (since I don't know how to check if a wyvern exists in lua...) I was trying to make a lua script that just executed Souljump.txt ... So I made DRGJump.lua and stuck it in \scripts... and when I do lua e DRGJump.lua I get a "file does not exist" error. I tried sticking it in \addons, same error.

Where do lua scripts go?
    leave out the .lua

just //lua e drgjump

and the logic you want is basically:
    Code:
    local player=get_player()
    local targetid = player['target_id']

local mob = get_mob_by_target_id(targetid)

if mob['pet_index'] ~= 0
      has pet
    else
      no pet
    end
    Be sure to update first, pet_index was missing, just added it and pushed an update.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I assume all I needed to do to update was close down windower and open it again?

Anyway, did that, tried the above code (with commands instead of pet/ no pet) and I'm getting "attempt to index global 'player' (a nil value)."

Edit: never mind. Fixed it. Had to add player = get_player().

Thanks for the help!

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I assume all I needed to do to update was close down windower and open it again?
    Actually, all you need to do to pick up updates is to re-run the launcher. Everything will be automatically updated and reloaded if necessary.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Aureus View Post
    Actually, all you need to do to pick up updates is to re-run the launcher. Everything will be automatically updated and reloaded if necessary.
    Huh, that works even while windower is running?

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Huh, that works even while windower is running?
    yup

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Any way to get rid of consolebg? -_-

Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

Is timers crashing anyone else?

every time the animation "XXXX ability" is available to use again its crashed me twice

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    Any way to get rid of consolebg? -_-
    Try now

Edit: also added some more lua stuff - methods to deal with text boxes and primitives, and party info. Documentation is on the lua wiki.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 307 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast