Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 257 of 307 FirstFirst ... 207 247 255 256 257 258 259 267 ... LastLast
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I'm sure it's percentage with a 50% cap; before job points they lasted 3:00 for me with both pieces equipped.

I'm not exactly sure if job points are counted before the 50% or after. I'm leaning towards before - with no jig duration gear equipped, I get a duration of 2:03 with three job points, and with both pieces of gear I get 3:04 every time. Leads me to believe that it's really 3:04.5 rounded down, but someone who has more job points in that category can easily say more conclusively.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Whether the stats are percentages or not just depends on the stat. For example, Phalanx+ and Enspell+ are both just added on as their direct values.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

About the monstrosity tp move problem we were talkin about in the last couple pages:

I noticed seedspray was in the resources of monster abilities. but it has no additional stats in its entries as most of the first things in that file. Also charged whisker has 3 entries (2 of which dont have stats either). I was thinking It was a gnat move I couldnt get to work but it might have been rafflesia instead. But all the moves that had issues also are blu spells. Would completing the abilities stats make them work?

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by ZetaEpyon View Post
    I'm sure it's percentage with a 50% cap; before job points they lasted 3:00 for me with both pieces equipped.

I'm not exactly sure if job points are counted before the 50% or after. I'm leaning towards before - with no jig duration gear equipped, I get a duration of 2:03 with three job points, and with both pieces of gear I get 3:04 every time. Leads me to believe that it's really 3:04.5 rounded down, but someone who has more job points in that category can easily say more conclusively.
    The tests went on in the FFXIAH page.
    The cap is on the max duration bonus you can get and it's 50% (which is pretty retarded considering a single item gives 45%...).
    Job Points appearently add to the base duration. So basically those 2 mins become 2'10", and then the % bonus is applied.

Campaign
    BG Level

Is there any chance to enable FFXIDB to work in Escha - Zi'tah as well? It's a single map, shouldn't be too hard to make it work there.

Campaign
    BG Level

Woooosh! Wooooosh!

(sound of a grassball rolling in the desert)

Relic Shield
    BG Level

just about anytime I or my mule zone I get this error on both characters. as in one character zones and the error pops up on both character's consoles.

Code:
    Gearswap: Lua runtime error: Gearswap/gearswap.lua:525: attempt to index a nil value

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

You're on dev. The buff parsing thing has an issue on zone and I haven't bothered debugging it yet. It doesn't seem to functionally matter, but I need to suppress the error at some point.

Edit: Okay, I probably fixed it.

Campaign
    BG Level

Any chance to "fix" FFXIDB plugin to make it work in the two Escha zones as well?

Campaign
    BG Level

Also Byrth, I noticed the GS command "validate" (//gs validate ) accepts a parameter, but the only accepted parameter is "inventory".
    Any chance to make it work so you can change this parameter and turn it into "mogsafe", "moglocker" etc situationally?

Also, atm this command works for the lua currently loaded in memory. Any chance to change it or create a parameter to make so it checks not just the loaded lua but all the luas in your lua folder?
    Would be an incredibly powerful tool to "clean up" the various repositories from items you no longer use but you don't know you're not using them anymore.

Without a command like this you'd have to individually scroll the list of all your respositories and then individually check item by item in your lua with a ctrl+f, and even then you might be missing something.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I am on Live version, I dont even have dev installed on this PC. But this might explain a few things. My windower hasnt always been updating things. It still doesnt have Organizer or InstaLS or barfiller (I just found out about this one) in the addon list which people have said has been for a while now. So I have taken to just checkin git hub (usually from one of the links in the launcher) and downloading things into the folders. I noticed tonight after you mentioned dev that I was indeed looking at the dev branch, this doesnt mean I have been always lookin at this branch but its a possibility. I havent much experience with github yet I didnt even know where to look for the difference betwixt dev and live til tonight.

Alot of my problems could be just that this is an older PC and XP, but things like Pointwatch doesnt display its text at all for me. Ive moved it to 0,0 20,20 to see if it was off screen but it doesnt appear to be. When originally coming back to this PC from my newer PC with hardrive failure, I originally didnt have any addons available so I am just glad to have some of them at least.

After update day I tested the new targetable Geo spell feature they gave us and I found that even though I could move the subtarget where ever I wanted, when I had gearswap loaded it would just cast on my position or the monster it was targeting before i hit the key/button that let me move the subtarget. I havent tried this since, but had that gotten fixed? I know there were some other errors with windower at the time that got fixed since that might have included this, I guess later I can try and test and see if it still casts on me or where i put the subtarget.

Campaign
    BG Level

The missing target with GS/Shortcuts loaded might be dependant on another issue that we already reported to Byrth some time ago.
    Think the culprit is actually Shortcuts and not Gearswap.
    For some reason the marker doesn't appear when you use macros with Shortcuts loaded up, this likely creates issues with the new GEO placing system as well, since it's basically a byproduct of the marker thingy.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Also Byrth, I noticed the GS command "validate" (//gs validate ) accepts a parameter, but the only accepted parameter is "inventory".
    Any chance to make it work so you can change this parameter and turn it into "mogsafe", "moglocker" etc situationally?

Also, atm this command works for the lua currently loaded in memory. Any chance to change it or create a parameter to make so it checks not just the loaded lua but all the luas in your lua folder?
    Would be an incredibly powerful tool to "clean up" the various repositories from items you no longer use but you don't know you're not using them anymore.

Without a command like this you'd have to individually scroll the list of all your respositories and then individually check item by item in your lua with a ctrl+f, and even then you might be missing something.
    It accepts two parameters (sets and inventory). There's no chance of it being expanded.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'm getting quite a bit of crashes here and there, and it didn't happen before. I multibox and occasionally 1 of them would crash (pol has encountered an error...). Just now my main crashed while I was simply meriting. How do I go about checking how/why its happening? On windows 7 if it matters.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    It accepts two parameters (sets and inventory). There's no chance of it being expanded.
    Can you point me out the lua parts of GS that perform those inventory checks?
    There's a small chance I might understand how they work and create an addon that does what I want on my own, altough the part about using non loaded Luas might be complex I'm afraid.
    Making it check another repository instead of "Inventory" should be pretty easy instead.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

GearSwap/validate.lua

I wrote the first version, and then it was rewritten by Motenten. I've had to adjust it a few times when people report errors, and it always makes me want to tear my hair out. Skimming over it now, there are actually two arguments:
    Argument 1 can have two different values:
    *) "sets", "set", or "s" - This is the default behavior, it checks your current sets against your inventory/wardrobe to determine which gear you're missing from your sets table.
    *) "inventory", "inv", or "i" - This does the reverse check, and checks your current inventory against your sets table to see if you are carrying anything unnecessary.

Argument 2 is a filtering argument, which lets you look for specific items. So if you wanted to look for whether or not you had your Maculele set, I believe you could use "//gs validate sets Maculele". If you wanted to see whether you had everything except your Maculele set, you could use, "//gs validate sets -Maculele". The sets argument is optional in both cases, but I included it just for maximum specificity.

So what you're asking for, if I'm not mistaken, is the ability to check other bags (or groups of bags?) against your sets table, or your sets table against other bags or groups of bags? What's the point?

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    So what you're asking for, if I'm not mistaken, is the ability to check other bags (or groups of bags?) against your sets table, or your sets table against other bags or groups of bags? What's the point?
    My repositories have a lot f items which I used but I no longer use. Problem is I'm not aware I'm not using them anymore in any of my lua. So I could totally mule them or delete them or whatever and free inventory space.

I would need to do two modifications to that Validate function
    1) Enable it to work for repositories other than "Inventory" (wether all at a time or one by one, matters little)
    2) Enable it to work for all the luas in a certain folder, and not just the currently loaded lua

This way I would be able to see a list of items that are not in any of my sets on any of my luas, in a few seconds, and I'd be able to decide what to do with them.
    Modification #1 should be easy imho, but I'll see in the code when I get a chance.
    Modification #2 would be quite complex, not even sure if possible at all, but I'll see what I can do! :D

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Rehn View Post
    I'm getting quite a bit of crashes here and there, and it didn't happen before. I multibox and occasionally 1 of them would crash (pol has encountered an error...). Just now my main crashed while I was simply meriting. How do I go about checking how/why its happening? On windows 7 if it matters.
    Best to check if somebody has already reported this on the bug tracker at Github. If not, create a crash dump (instructions here) and report it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Anyone else notice Plasmon is thinking Sinister Reign is Delve?

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Not good news.

Guildwork has been under a massive DDoS attack since 2am. Working with hosting company to resolve it.

https://twitter.com/guildwork