Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 216 of 307 FirstFirst ... 166 206 214 215 216 217 218 226 266 ... LastLast
    RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

hi not sure if this is related or not bum im getting an Error with my cor lau im using Allen Warren's atm, it was working fine last time i played it/
    gearswap loaded your cor lua file!
    Gearswap: lua error (runtime )windower/addons/gearswap/flow.lua:301
    gearswap has detected an erroer in the user function get_sets:
    windower/addons/gearswap/data/cor.lua:19 attemtp to call golab 'M' ( a nil value)

ive also tried getting the lates copy of the lau and this doesn't fix it also tried getting a lua from kinematic and im still getting an error
    all other jobs seem fine.

hopefully some one can help me out with this
    thanks

Campaign
    BG Level

Noticed a bizarre behaviour. Dunno who the culprit is but I think it's Shortcuts
    I just noticed that in my keybinds I had the spell "Animus Minuo" bound as /ma "Animus: Minuo" <me>, notice the colon.

Normally (with shortcuts unloaded) such command would produce error.
    With Shortcuts loaded it would instead work, BUT, it would not proc Gearswap at all. Basically the spell was launching without precast/midcast.
    If I were to type //animusminuo no problem at all instead, Gearswap would work as expected.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Timers is putting the buffs with the longest duration at the top of the list, and the shortest at the bottom. With lots of self cast buffs up this tends to result in things wearing while I can't even see their timer. Since they got pushed off the visible list by things like reraise/pro/shell, etc.

Is there a config option somewhere to change the buff list priority, or does this need to be a bug report on github?

EDIT:Hmmm. It may actually be listing them in the order they were first used. You just tend to put the longer lasting stuff up prefight.

Campaign
    BG Level

There are 3 sorting methods for Buffs, in case you didn't know.
    You can also increase the number of displayed stuff.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I did just find the sort type setting. But had no way to know what the other sort types were. Is there some place I can look at documentation on timers? My searches haven't found anything.

I think 8 displayed buffs is fine, as long as the 8 I can see are the ones closest to wearing. btw, what are the 3 sort type? Creation and...?

EDIT:Ok, found it in the master changelog.

Timers 3.3.0.5 - Motenten

Add new pref for sorting order (Creation, Duration, Alphabetical)

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Martel View Post
    EDIT:Ok, found it in the master changelog.
    We really should put that in the XML file... if you create an issue for it, I'll add it in another Timers version.

Campaign
    BG Level

I have a question about Gear Collector
    Would some major change be possible in the future?
    Currently the only setting available is to make GC ignore certain repository. Basically an On/Off switch.

Would it be possible to allow a deeper range of settings to be stored into an XML?
    For instance:
    1) Being able to assign a certain repository to a certain category of item (Head equipment, Body Equipment, Consumable, Craft, other etc)
    2) Being able to create lists of items, and make so GS not only knows where to find a certain item (he doesn't really need to) but knows where to PUT a certain item when he has to take it off the player's inventory.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

GC itself will likely receive no such update, but there is some talk of making a Lua version that could be adjusted to work differently. The only GC update I still have planned is to make it read files from the GS folder in addition to files in the SC folder.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ok got a crashdump of what happens when I get a nvida driver error that kills all copies of PoL. Just want to confirm that its not a windower problem and that it is a issue with how the game interacts with newer drivers and such. I have the crash dump from the other two characters as well if needed. This has been plaguing me since Legion was introduced.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ofcb0b7lim...e.580.dmp?dl=0

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

My brother just got a GTX 760 and started crashing with the latest driver (344.xx I think), with plain vanilla FFXI (no Windower, no dat mods, nothing). I have a GTX 550 Ti with 332.21 driver and don't crash at all with Windower and map dats. Maybe try downloading 332.21 from nvidia's site and see if that helps.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Loire View Post
    Ok got a crashdump of what happens when I get a nvida driver error that kills all copies of PoL. Just want to confirm that its not a windower problem and that it is a issue with how the game interacts with newer drivers and such. I have the crash dump from the other two characters as well if needed. This has been plaguing me since Legion was introduced.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ofcb0b7lim...e.580.dmp?dl=0
    That dump does not indicate a Windower issue. As usual, that does not necessarily mean it's not caused by Windower, although it is unlikely. Can you see if it happens with vanilla as well? Or is it too rare/random to test?

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    That dump does not indicate a Windower issue. As usual, that does not necessarily mean it's not caused by Windower, although it is unlikely. Can you see if it happens with vanilla as well? Or is it too rare/random to test?
    I can force it while standing with more than one character pointing towards the proto crysta, rakazanar skirmmish, incursion boss, ark fights or one of the legion halls. Obviously can't dual box on vanilla but I'll give it a shot tonight since if this can be remedied that would be a huge annoyance off my shoulders for tri-boxing and crashing.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Subadai View Post
    My brother just got a GTX 760 and started crashing with the latest driver (344.xx I think), with plain vanilla FFXI (no Windower, no dat mods, nothing). I have a GTX 550 Ti with 332.21 driver and don't crash at all with Windower and map dats. Maybe try downloading 332.21 from nvidia's site and see if that helps.
    Over the years I've tried a ton of drivers with my gtx 295 and never fixed the issue. Now that I have a gtx 770 I cannot use the older kinda more stable drivers. I've tried all avaible normal and beta drivers available for my current card with all similar results

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I just learned about the "Unlimited" plugin last night. A bunch of LS members were raving about it.... 60 FPS, where was this 10 years ago. D:

I did an Incursion run with LS still keeping a minimum of 45-50 FPS..... this is godly.... BEST...PLUGIN....EVER.....THANK YOU.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

This has actually been around for a rather long time, just not as a Windower plugin

You can also uncap the frame rate entirely in the settings, but that will max the CPU usage and it actually feels less fluid in certain situations, because the animation speed is timed to your frame rate and the constant shifting feels like it's lagging, despite still being much faster than normal.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

It will also DC you when you zone if you fully uncap it, potentially.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I have yet to experience that myself, but I can imagine that happening if you have a lot of complex and expensive pre-render events registered, so it probably depends on how many addons you have loaded. Something could be done against that, if we identify the problem, as it is most likely a specific addon that makes it happen.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

does anyone know how the plastic surgery thingy works? sick of my hair hanging out of all my head pieces >.>

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Not entirely sure, but you should use the DressUp addon instead.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

That should have been fixed three days or so Ago