BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 142 of 307 FirstFirst ... 92 132 140 141 142 143 144 152 192 ... LastLast
    BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Well, if I do implement them then I am going to expose all constants in a settings file so that people can keep them updated even if I get schmeared by a bus and can no longer mayk teyp gud. There's also no way for me to know whether it's broken or not, other than people reporting that it doesn't work. What I can do is initialize the variables to innocuous values, so that they will just stay stuck at zero (or whatever) if it doesn't work. Regardless, this will likely be a problem for the weekend rather than the week.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

ok byrnth downloaded the addon and copied over to real windower4 jsut to see it. its pretty nice man. i did a dynamis and the timer worked initially. the KIs didnt change ever as i got TE and the timer never added the TE times. also at some point midway thru the run i noticed the timers were all at 0 (I didnt notice the change or what happened maybe the 56 mins or whatever ran out i dunno. just noticed 0 suddenly). i was dualboxing as well. So i will guess that portion wont work til dev/real merge. in the end tho nice work man!

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I added sparks to it tonight. I should get time to test it in Dynamis this weekend and maybe add the message ID dependent features.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Martel View Post
    I can't seem to get this to work. Has anything changed that would prevent this from working now?
    Any luck getting this to work? It works fine in echo, but the actual commands happening won't work? battlemod isn't loaded. edit: ah crap, quote failed. Was in relation to the onevent functionality of windower, I'm having issues with actual commands going off triggering it, but /echo works for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    I added sparks to it tonight. I should get time to test it in Dynamis this weekend and maybe add the message ID dependent features.
    Thanks <3

Campaign
    BG Level

Byrth, will you add Plasm too in the future or are you considering that?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I might be able to add plasm in an unobtrusive manner, but I will have to look in to it more. I will give it s shot.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    ok byrnth downloaded the addon and copied over to real windower4 jsut to see it. its pretty nice man. i did a dynamis and the timer worked initially. the KIs didnt change ever as i got TE and the timer never added the TE times. also at some point midway thru the run i noticed the timers were all at 0 (I didnt notice the change or what happened maybe the 56 mins or whatever ran out i dunno. just noticed 0 suddenly). i was dualboxing as well. So i will guess that portion wont work til dev/real merge. in the end tho nice work man!
    I figured out what caused that. Apparently I was misinterpreting a packet byte. I added sort a fix that got it to work for me in Xarc, but it's possible that I'll have to fix this again.

Gearswap and Shortcuts should be ready to go (with the possible exception of Monstrosity, which I haven't tested) whenever the Launcher is updated to download resources. Resources will be downloaded through the launcher in the future, which saves us having to add the Lua resources to the libs folder on Github. The entire Libs folder is downloaded any time anything in it is changed, so a small change in any library would have triggered gigabytes of people re-downloading unchanged resources from the server.

We're freezing the contents of the plugin resources (xml) and continuing to expand the addon resources (lua) using resource extractor. They now contain monster info, which will be species ID keyed to species descriptions and a list of TP moves IDs and the level they're learned at. We're also expanding the spells resource to expose job levels for spells. This information lets me determine exactly what spells/abilities/weaponskills you have access to in Gearswap, which should make filtered_action() entirely accurate.

I hope yall are ready for an unnoticeable improvement! D'aw yeah!

Also, last weekend I blew through our issue tracker and knocked off a bunch of issues that seem old and outdated. I'm going to monitor the issue tracker now and make sure to bring things up on IRC, so please keep posting issues. I have three requests for issues, though:
    1) Include your Operating System with your issue (2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, etc.)
    2) Please specify whether you are on -dev or stable.
    3) If you are having issues with a crash that you can reproduce, please link a crash dump. Windower does not have crashes that anyone on the Windower team can reproduce, so we need your crash dumps or there's almost no chance that we can do anything about it. - https://github.com/Windower/Issues/w...ps-with-Windbg

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Byrth, will you add Plasm too in the future or are you considering that?
    Too much to ask! Sechs!

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Byrthnoth,

According to that site u linked, we can get just the windbg using the CodeMachine website, About a week ago i was gonna do all this but i couldnt find it at all on the Codemachine site, I only found links about it but nothing to download. I really dont want to download the whole Windows SDK if i can help it. Can you maybe check the site and see if its still available and point me to what links lead to it? Would really appreciate it, and no hurry if you do.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You can download it from here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/wind...sktop/bg162891

When you download the installer, choose to only install the debug tools.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Also, remember to get the 32 bit version. Honestly, I've heard only bad things from people who tried to install the Codemachine version in terms of random "do you also want to install this?" douchebaggery. Should just get it from the link above. Don't install the extra crap if you don't want to.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

this is confuseing but anyone else getting quadrupel shouts with the guildwork plugin?

Campaign
    BG Level

Same happening on the FFXIAH shouts page (which relies on GW chat thing).
    Getting 3x times on each line

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Something has broken my spellcast autoset in the last day or so. Didn't really notice until I started paying attention with /lockstyle off. Seems to mostly be engage/disengage, but I catch myself in WS gear often too.

Campaign
    BG Level

Just like Martel has reported some pages ago (was it him?) the stratagems counter on Timers is still broken.
    I mean, it got repaired after I reported it, but a few days after it broke up again.
    I remember Arcon saying he had no clue what was goin on this second time.
    Has a clue/solution been found?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Just like Martel has reported some pages ago (was it him?) the stratagems counter on Timers is still broken.
    I mean, it got repaired after I reported it, but a few days after it broke up again.
    I remember Arcon saying he had no clue what was goin on this second time.
    Has a clue/solution been found?
    I remember fixing it twice by just recompiling it as it was. I have no idea why that would break again. What version are you using?

Campaign
    BG Level

It says 1.1.4.8

Plugin_manager default Spellcast and blinkmenot, even I have the default (global) set to none.
    And my character set with plugins sets never reloaded.
    Is it still working as intended?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Hello everyone! We just pushed the Launcher, LuaCore, and the addon repository from -dev to live. Changes of note:

1) We're launching the Lua resources, which should decrease load times for all addons that use resources. There were fairly massive library changes behind the scenes to make this possible, which means that private addons (not in the repository) that rely on resources may not work properly. We have frozen the information in the XML resources because we do not anticipate expanding plugin functionality any further, but Lua resources will continue to expand as appropriate. Current examples are:
    * We extract all monipulator species to monstrosity.lua, complete with a list of their TP moves and the levels where they learn those moves.
    * We extract job/level learned for spells now, which means that my filtered_action() in GearSwap can be much more accurate
    * We extract numerous other little tidbits that we weren't extracting before, and expose it all.
    If you have an update to a hardcoded Lua resource (like slots.lua, for instance), you will need to submit that change to the ResourceExtractor repository now. We are working towards incorporating all hardcoded resources in the extractor so that we can better support multiple languages and adapt to curveballs from SE.

2) Resources will now download through the Launcher, rather than through the updateresources plugin. We did this so that you aren't stuck downloading 5MB of files every time the Lua repository changes at all, which is currently how the library folder is set to update.

3) There have been numerous changes, bugfixes, and additions to LuaCore and addons over the last ~month since the last push. Of note, Plasmon is fixed and Pointwatch (an Attainment addon that shouldn't break) is in the repository.

Now, hopefully these changes help you all with no negatives, but history has shown that any change we make (or don't make) causes Windows 8 to spontaneously crash for 5% of the users. As such, please report your bugs. Remember to tell us your operating system and, if possible, give a crash dump.
    Issue tracker (for bug reporting): https://github.com/Windower/Issues/issues
    Crash dump guide: https://github.com/Windower/Issues/w...ps-with-Windbg

Thanks, for your patience, everyone. We've been testing this for almost a month on -dev and it looks solid (minus one error in battlemod that I'm having trouble replicating), but a wider release is sure to generate problems. Please report them and we'll deal with them as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by chichicha View Post
    Plugin_manager default Spellcast and blinkmenot, even I have the default (global) set to none.
    And my character set with plugins sets never reloaded.
    Is it still working as intended?
    That's not working as intended, but that's also not how it works for me. Could you please pastebin your settings.xml file?