+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Hannibal (NBC). Yup     submit to reddit submit to twitter

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

http://www.avclub.com/articles/nbc-o...bre-wor,98434/
    Mads Mikkelsen is having more friends for dinner, thanks to NBC’s 11th-hour renewal of Hannibal. Bryan Fuller’s woozy reboot of Thomas Harris’ Hannibal Lecter saga was the final question mark on The Peacock’s 2013-14, but Deadline reports that the network has finally decided, yeah, sure, it has room for more Hannibal, ensuring a second season for the series and additional servings of puns based on the fact that its main character kills and eats people. The decision to order additional Hannibal was partially based on the drama’s relatively low cost, the result of an agreement with Gaumont International Television that can be twisted into an analogy where NBC and Gaumont split a dinner tab. (Or maybe it’s funnier if we pretend the show’s reduced license fee is Groupon or something.) Either way, there will be 13 new hours of Hannibal come 2014—and countless opportunities to try the patience of friends, family, and strangers on the Internet with increasingly tortured wordplay based on Dr. Lecter’s defining deviancy. Bone (like a human femur, or a hapless victim’s humerus—boy, is this ever fun and in no way tiresome) appetite!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zane Farus
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Awesome, so glad this is getting renewed. Question about last nights episode. Was Hannibal killing the doctor so Will would have thought he did it but then the girl showed up and pinned it on her? Or was he expecting her to show up?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Personally, I think it was a happy coincidence that she turned up.

My question is whether the doctor doing the test was going to tell Will the truth this time ie. 'Oh, looks like the first test didn't show these results, guess what, you're not insane afterall!' If that's the case, perhaps Hannibal suspected something or just thought he'd kill him anyway.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

wow at that scene with the oxygen tank

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zane Farus
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Awesome episode, can't wait until season finale.

Also scully got hotter in age, my god.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

This whole season has been like watching a train wreck. Hannibal's manipulation reached its peak last week for me when Will was in the dining room asking Hannibal not to lie to him. Heartbreaking stuff. And Eddie Izzard's character was sitting there wondering what the fuck was going on lol.

Banned.

BG Level

Thanks for bumping this up, thought it was on break or something and now I have two eps to catch. :<

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

just got caught up, bad. ass.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

yeah this show is so good, seriously people if the only reason you're not watching this is because its on nbc, WATCH IT.

Banned.

BG Level

Episode 11 OH EM GEEE

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ogod I need more. Cannot wait to see how Will gets out of this. I want to see Hannibal get hurt so badly.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zane Farus
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Season Finale so good, oh god. Any idea when season 2 airs?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

It'll air midseason. Same as this past season. Finale was really good. I'm glad the show didn't drag it's feet with Will and Hannibal's relationship, but I think the early season more procedurals episodes were my favorite.
    Gillian Anderson is yummy. She gave me a disdainful look while hailing a cab at Dragoncon last year. Highlight of my life!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

It'll be interesting to see how they clear Will's name and how they (the FBI) realise it's been Hannibal all along. I will miss the killer of the week episodes that weren't tied into Hannibal's kills.

This show really blew my mind away, and Mads is perfect in the role of Hannibal. I'm amused to see how they're going to pull off Season 2. It's p. much like Dexter, except they cut the bullshit out, and plopped this gem right on our laps.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

This makes it obvious how Dexter missed a lot of opportunities in its storytelling in favor of keeping the status quo. Deb should have found out much earlier and maybe I woulda kept watching after the average-to-meh seasons.

I'm excited to see sane Will back next season. When he can actually use his skills to put himself in the killers' minds without all the other BS.

Quote Originally Posted by KoalaTrap View Post
    This makes it obvious how Dexter missed a lot of opportunities in its storytelling in favor of keeping the status quo. Deb should have found out much earlier and maybe I woulda kept watching after the average-to-meh seasons.
    For sure. I'm not sure how I'll be able to watch Dexter's next season after having seen the first season of Hannibal. I'm sure I'll manage, but it will be a dull affair for me. How do you think they'll reveal the fact that Hannibal is a serial killer? I hope Season 2 doesn't consist of Will babbling about how he is from behind bars. That would be kinda lame.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm thinking there has to be some kind of compromise between Will and Hannibal when it comes to revealing the truth about Hannibal, unless they cut to the chase of going after him next season.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Feeding Abigail to Scully made me lol.

Fantastic show, can't wait for more.

D. Ring
    BG Level