+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Is Windows phone even released in Japan? Could be part of why it's left out.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Gonna move this to the SE section since this isn't limited to both ffxi and ffxiv. Will leave redirects.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I'm happy about this even though I still have my XI key on my keychain (lol). I only hope they deal w/ the issue regarding switching phones better then Blizzard has. Blizz makes it a pita since their app doesn't correctly transfer to a new phone so you have to disable > re-enable... and you get screwed if you forget to do this.

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Fear of losing my token meant it stayed on my desk.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes View Post
    Fear of losing my token meant it stayed on my desk.
    Mine stays on my keychain out of fear of losing it. I also have said cats that love to knock the tokens off my desk and hide them under various furniture. My keys are too big to hide that effectively.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

I figure I've more chance of losing my phone than the token that almost never leaves my desk. So if you can't use both I won't go near the app.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eragon Mcdohl
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Don't you have to call SE when your token battery dies and get it removed from your account so you can log in? I might switch to the app to avoid dealing with that, also more convenient.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Would totally use, except i'm not much of a phone guy. I check my phone maybe once every two weeks...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Early release:

The previously announced Square Enix Software Token app for smartphones running on iOS and Android operating systems has been set to be released on March 28, 2013 (PDT).

We encourage you to use this app to log in with a One-Time Password, as this will vastly improve the security of your Square Enix account.

Please note that the app can be downloaded after midnight on March 28, 2013 (PDT) for both iOS and Android versions, but will become usable after 12:00 (PDT) on the same day.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

If this is free, this might be the first time square has ever released something that was free. Where is the 9.99 price tag and $1 service fee to generate a new code?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

he “Mog Satchel,” which is the bonus item for purchasing the Square Enix Security Token (Security Token), will not be available through the Square Enix Software Token (Software Token) which is expected to be released on Mar. 28, 2013 (GMT).*

Please note that characters who have already received the Mog Satchel on a Square Enix account that has a Security Token registered to it will be able to continue using the item even after the Security Token is removed and a Software Token is registered in its place.

If a Software Token is registered to the Square Enix account, then all characters newly created on the service account will not receive the Mog Satchel, so please be careful.

*In the future, we are considering to implement changes so that customers using a Software Token will also be able to use the Mog Satchel. We will be making another announcement regarding details so we kindly ask for your patience.
    Also, you can already download the app from the appropriate app store (just search for Square Enix) but it won't work until a little bit later.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Works now.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

We are currently receiving many contacts from customers who, after registering a Software Token, have become unable to log into their accounts due to the following reasons.

- The Square Enix Software Token app was accidentally deleted
    *Even if the app is reinstalled, you will be unable to reconfigure the Software Token since this requires you to log into the Square Enix Account Management System.

- Smartphone was restored to factory settings

- Smartphone broke

- Switched to a new smartphone

If you are no longer able to log in due to any of the reasons above, you must use an Emergency Removal Password to remove the Software Token.

Therefore, please ensure that you write down your Emergency Removal Password and store it in a safe place. You can check your Emergency Removal Password by logging into the Square Enix Account Management System after registering a Software Token to your Square Enix account.

Square Enix Account Management System
    https://secure.square-enix.com/account/

If you have become unable to log in and also lost your Emergency Removal Password, please refer to the FAQ below and contact the Support Center.
    http://sqex.to/aYp http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/imgs/spacer.gif
    Personally I'm not gonna get it for now since you can't use both. My token stays on my desk and never moves, I'm way more likely to lose/break my phone than I am my token.

Doctor Shantotto Supporter
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

How many accounts can this software token be used for? Only one?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by wyred View Post
    How many accounts can this software token be used for? Only one?
    One token per Square-Enix account. I believe you can have ten FFXI and ten FFXIV accounts attached to one SE account.