BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

ahhh i see, thanks lol. Its level 100.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

My partner got the update going for me at home. Hopefully it will be close to done by the time I arrive home. If no one has posted the updated Leathercraft info by the time I am able to sign on, I'll take care of it for you.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orak Itty
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Ghostlands

If I can login, I'll check leather guild, but, looking unlikely atm, 2 hours reminaing apparently.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    I'll be at work for a few more hours but if no one else has I can do cooking/gold. Here's hoping there is something 105+ for goldsmithing that isn't 8 mil loss per synth or more lol /cry
    Prz to report! I'm not home for another 5-6 hours and the suspense is killing me! I was ok with the ~1.3m loss per synth from 104 to 105 but past that is a massive undertaking. Current prices on my server have the last 5 levels at 1bil gil assuming 0.33 skill up rate averages looking at only ormolu and disregarding the other (significant) materials...

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Michelob View Post
    Prz to report! I'm not home for another 5-6 hours and the suspense is killing me! I was ok with the ~1.3m loss per synth from 104 to 105 but past that is a massive undertaking. Current prices on my server have the last 5 levels at 1bil gil assuming 0.33 skill up rate averages looking at only ormolu and disregarding the other (significant) materials...
    Considering how smithing synths went from this update, I really doubt gold got anything substantional. None of the crafts seem to have gottan anything new above 105.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Honestly I've just been banking on a new source of ormolu/kunwu but I guess the ormolu is looking grim with no new ores appearing to be used in an ormolu synth. Still possible I guess, though.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Michelob View Post
    Honestly I've just been banking on a new source of ormolu/kunwu but I guess the ormolu is looking grim with no new ores appearing to be used in an ormolu synth. Still possible I guess, though.
    meh I am hopeing some of the new NMs, and other stuff in skrimish or how this new events are called, drop ormulu, scerletite and all the other stuff. Because after I have seen what kind of base armor was introduced I am sooooo not gonna touch crafting anything like the hexed somen, sune-ate etc. withotu a ridiculous price drop in synth mats. chances are solid that they will, since SE basicly added now recipes for all the olde ingots that didnt have one from the olde days, so the new still uncraftable ingots will be most likely bonus drops.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yah, I'm assuming ormolu/staghorn/serica/scarletite are all going to be drops, we don't know from what yet. I HAD hoped for a serica thread synth.....

The Dingot recipe basically gives you a reasonable path to 103, not that you didn't have one already. Vanadium ore insures people are going to be mining in Adoulin for quite a while, as long as there's a demand for Damascus. And I don't see that fading anytime soon.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I feel like this new Damascus Ingot synth is the first of its kind, where you have an established ingot/cloth which later can be crafted from ores/threads.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    I feel like this new Damascus Ingot synth is the first of its kind, where you have an established ingot/cloth which later can be crafted from ores/threads.
    well that depends how you look on it. Yes it is the first of its kind, but then again look at adaman ingots, they put them in abyssea chests, put ores there and THEN they added it as an actual drop from those adamantoises in gustav tunnel. tough the damascus ingot synth was a necessity if they wanted to introduce the bullets. I wouldnt rule out the possibility of new desynths from new mobdrops makeing alot of the ingots easier to get.

we dont even know what this velkk mask and necklace desynth into yet!

Cooking

*Seafood Paella (between mushroom sautee and mushroom paella)
    Fire Crystal
    1x mhaura garlic
    1x box of tarutaru rice
    1x pinch of saffron
    1x wild onion
    1x gigant squid
    1x flask of distilled water
    1x black prawn
    1x mussel

*Mushroom Paella (between seafood paella and beef paella)
    Fire Crystal
    1x mhaura garlic
    1x box of tarutaru rice
    1x pinch of saffron
    1x woozyshroom
    1x danceshroom
    1x wild onion
    1x coral fungus

*Beef Paella (between mushroom paella and flounder meuniere)
    Fire Crystal
    1x mhaura garlic
    1x box of tarutaru rice
    1x pinch of saffron
    1x wild onion
    1x gigant squid
    1x slice of buffalo meat
    1x mussel

*Felicifruit Gelatin (between rabbit pies and rice dumpling)
    Fire Crystal
    2x pots of maple sugar
    1x block of gelatin
    1x bunch of San d'Orian grapes
    2x felicifruits

*Ulbuconut Milk (2 recipes, between marinara pizza and apple vinegar)
    Wind Crystal
    1x Elshimo Coconut

OR

Wind Crystal
    1x Ulbuconut

*Pinches of saffron (between cherry muffins and servings of spaghetti)
    Wind Crystal
    3x saffron blossoms

*Bowls of Adoulin Soup (between green quiches and block of stone cheese)
    Fire Crystal
    1x pinch of black pepper
    2x clumps of adoulinian kelp
    1x wild onion
    1x black prawn

*Boiled Barnacles (between jugs of savage mole broth and sausage rolls)
    Fire Crystal
    1x chunk of rock salt
    1x flank of distilled water
    1x barnacle

*Senroh Skewer (2 recipes, between pet food theta biscuits and orange kuchens)
    Fire Crystal
    1x bluetail
    2x shall shells
    1x contortopus
    1x senroh sardines

OR

Fire Crystal
    1x bluetail
    2x shall shells
    3x contortacles
    1x senroh sardines

I can't find Barnacle Paella anywhere but there are these 2 alternate recipe for octopus sushi between black curry bun and blackened frogs

Earth crystal
    Raw fish handling
    1x box of tarutaru rice
    1x bottle of rice vinegar
    1x jar of ground wasabi
    2x contortopuses

OR

Earth crystal
    Raw fish handling
    1x box of tarutaru rice
    1x bottle of rice vinegar
    1x jar of ground wasabi
    3x contortacles

I don't know if i miss some other new alternate recipe just notice these two.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Thanks Killvearn, I am sure there are more alternative recipes if you found one. One question, do the ones with more than one fish produce higher yield? Are there other cooking recipes like that?

I will try checking again for alternate later maybe i missed something, i checked recipes from the npc in guild and it usually doesn't mention anything about yield, but i think the yield will be the same like old multiple recipe food (example: tentacle sushi have 2 recipes but same yield)
    Also there is no recipe for making contortacles, or at least i didn't find so i guess they will just get fished up more commonly than the whole octopus (the description say something about being "ripped merciless" lol i guess by fishers), and that is why you need more for the same food i think.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Checking gold now, will update in a sec.

Translucent Rock (72) - wind crystal, 1x marble nugget (umm... wat? this is the stone used in the lvl 20 synth)

Rhodium Ingot (93) - fire crystal, 4x rhodium ore

Rhodium Sheet (96) - fire crystal, 1x rhodium ingot OR sheeting KI, fire crystal, 6x rhodium ingots, anvil

Akua Sainti (96) - goldsmithing, smithing, woodworking: fire crystal, 1x steel ingot, 1x darksteel ingot, 1x mercury, 2x rhodium ingots, 1x urunday lumber

That's all, just checked everything from ground up. Advanced NPC's don't give anything new that I've seen.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

nvm, was an old recipe from Meebles. No new recipes in Woodworking from Adv or NQ Imagery NPC. (105 woodworking atm)

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

We are still missing a considerable amount of items, and I dont think they are all leather. Can you start from level 50 woodworking and work your way up from the comprehensive npc?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Checked alchemy NPC again and I cannot find Contortacles.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I'm at 60% and 2 hours to go still.

If any Leathercrafter is able to get online before I am able to, then by all means post the Leathercraft information so that Funworkz can update the first page.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Id do WWing but because Im on the quest for the axe the comprehensive npc wont talk to me >_>