Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Uzor View Post
    Which is why I'm curious how potent they'll be at max lvl. Naturally they'll scale with geomancy skill and handbell skill (like BRD magic skills), hence why I'm wondering. Since all of them exists in one form or another, they'd have to be at least as potent as that from BRD or COR, or else it feels like GEO will be a pretty useless job.
    I get the feeling most of those effects will suck instead, and we'll have to wait for AF1/2/3 job specific effects to make them at least interesting.
    Hope that I'm wrong here eh

I'm gonna level GEO for sure since I love support/hybrid jobs, but atm while some mechanics are cool, the list of spells/abilities is a bit underwhelming. Or maybe it's my fault I was expecting too much.
    I still have to understand that thing about positioning for elemental spells btw.
    The way they worded it made it sound pretty complcated, perhaps it's because english is not my main language? Or did anybody else have troubles in perfect understanding what they meant?
    Before that line I always thought the only thing that would have mattered is the cardinal direction your character is facing, while it seems it's something about the cardinal direction your character is facing relative to the monster position compared to your current one?

/headexplodes

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Treize Kordero View Post
    I wonder what the skill level will be?

Handbell and Geomancy A+ or A-? Plus other skills they might get. They confirmed Elemental.. what about Enfeebling or Dark? Also Their club level and it was mentioned they can use shields?
    If it's like Bard, chances are they'll only get a C in both (but since it's combined skill, it doesn't make that a bad as it sounds). GEO was seen using Hexa-Strike in the livestream some time ago, so I imagine it'd be just as high as WHM Club skill to be worth anything. I'm actually more curious about future handbells and GEO equipment though. Will they enhance specific spells (or maybe the Geo- or Indi- line of spells), or will it focus more on Luopan strengthening?

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    I get the feeling most of those effects will suck instead, and we'll have to wait for AF1/2/3 job specific effects to make them at least interesting.
    Hope that I'm wrong here eh

I'm gonna level GEO for sure since I love support/hybrid jobs, but atm while some mechanics are cool, the list of spells/abilities is a bit underwhelming. Or maybe it's my fault I was expecting too much.
    I still have to understand that thing about positioning for elemental spells btw.
    The way they worded it made it sound pretty complcated, perhaps it's because english is not my main language? Or did anybody else have troubles in perfect understanding what they meant?
    Before that line I always thought the only thing that would have mattered is the cardinal direction your character is facing, while it seems it's something about the cardinal direction your character is facing relative to the monster position compared to your current one?

/headexplodes
    I thought what you said originally, but the version update notes pretty clearly indicate that the direction that matters is the direction from you to your target. Which is strange, given all of Geo's nukes are short distance aoes. Do they expect geos to stand in melee range and run circles around the mob to get the right elemental affinity for the spell being cast? Face it west guess, I have to be facing it from the east or I lose all my damage!

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Morari View Post
    If it's like Bard, chances are they'll only get a C in both (but since it's combined skill, it doesn't make that a bad as it sounds). GEO was seen using Hexa-Strike in the livestream some time ago, so I imagine it'd be just as high as WHM Club skill to be worth anything. I'm actually more curious about future handbells and GEO equipment though. Will they enhance specific spells (or maybe the Geo- or Indi- line of spells), or will it focus more on Luopan strengthening?
    For GEO gear. I'd assume a little of both. Sets of gear to support a play style for those who use indi more, geo more, or both equally.

It would be nice if GEO has the same club skill as WHM. Whinja + Geonin? lol maybe? I dunno.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    I thought what you said originally, but the version update notes pretty clearly indicate that the direction that matters is the direction from you to your target. Which is strange, given all of Geo's nukes are short distance aoes. Do they expect geos to stand in melee range and run circles around the mob to get the right elemental affinity for the spell being cast? Face it west guess, I have to be facing it from the east or I lose all my damage!
    It's your facing compared to the monster, not your position.

For example, these two scenarios will give the same output, because it's relative to the monster:

1: Mob is to your north, and you're facing east.
    2: Mob is to your south, and you're facing west.

The direction the mob itself is facing is irrelivant, only the direction the mob is from you.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Im curious to know if /GEO is gonna be worth a damn, since the cardinal chant will be there for a BLM or SCH

I see no Haste or Regain buffs, possibly useless as a support job?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

/GEO will have Refresh and Boost-INT buff, and that JT that enhances the next cardinal chant spell...

all this may be useful when nuking

Quote Originally Posted by GeneJackit View Post
    Im curious to know if /GEO is gonna be worth a damn, since the cardinal chant will be there for a BLM or SCH
    As far as blm is concerned almost definitely no, given it has no defensive capability whatsoever and very limited utility. BLM has no place being anything but /sch /whm /rdm and very occasionally /nin unless it's for a very specific niche (and god fucking damn I hope we don't have to proc shit in Adoulin with /brd.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Cardinal Chant was exclusive to GEO last time it was mentioned so it shouldn't be available as /GEO.
    I'm actually wondering if skill bonuses are calculated as you first cast a spell or if you need to keep them on to receive the bonus. There's no gear with GEO skills yet but surely there will be something on AF. I also hope bells get some interesting bonuses in the future.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    Yeah I mean, the cardinal direction stuff I originally thought is strange but it's ok, cool and unique.

That other interpretation from the patch notes just sounds... crap? And confusing, to say the least.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yeah I mean, the cardinal direction stuff I originally thought is strange but it's ok, cool and unique.

That other interpretation from the patch notes just sounds... crap? And confusing, to say the least.
    Just think of you facing the mob as the default direction. Then, you get different effects by turning 90 degrees to the left, 90 degrees to the right, and 180 degrees around.

Campaign
    BG Level

uhm
    still slightly confused but makes a bit more of sense worded that way, I guess

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Cardinal Chant was exclusive to GEO last time it was mentioned so it shouldn't be available as /GEO.
    I'm actually wondering if skill bonuses are calculated as you first cast a spell or if you need to keep them on to receive the bonus. There's no gear with GEO skills yet but surely there will be something on AF. I also hope bells get some interesting bonuses in the future.

Since its a JT and not a JA, i figured it would be...are there any other JTs out there that aren't available when subbed? I know certain JAs are

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I don't see /GEO being great for many but if anything it'll be SCH or RDM who pick it up I think.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Someone please explain it in other words, I'm dumb, I'm still not getting it.

What does "my north" mean? My north is your north and everybody's north and it's a cardinal direction.
    What does it mean this sort of relativization of cardinal directions? I'm not getting it, help me!

I bet its gonna be more like if you are facing it head on, you get a matk bonus....if you are facing its tail end you get a macc...to its right you get blah blah blah...to its left you get blah blah blah

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

http://i.imgur.com/iQaNlro.png

Crappy paint job.

Two different positionings; each numbered arrow around the player's dot is the direction you're facing, and a different effect.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by GeneJackit View Post
    Since its a JT and not a JA, i figured it would be...are there any other JTs out there that aren't available when subbed? I know certain JAs are
    I don't remember right now but one example would be Treasure Hunter. Yes, it's available as /THF but a THF main can increase its potency. It's a trait but it behaves differently on main or sub.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/iQaNlro.png

Crappy paint job.

Two different positionings; each numbered arrow around the player's dot is the direction you're facing, and a different effect.
    Aaaah finally, get it.
    I'm dumb but appearently I can manage to get things with enough external help lol

Thanks!

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Is Geomancer on the elemental Magian staves?