BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Uzor View Post
    Sould be the other way around. If the monster is south of you, it takes more damage. If it's north of you, you hve higher m.acc. Those boxes are where the player is casting from, with the mob in the middle.

And that's the picture I was talking of. And that should end the argument, as there's 2 official sources that state it's the mob's position in relation to you, and not the way you face.
    Woops good catch, got mirrored in my brain. Edited for clarity.

Alarial

So... I'm having trouble thinking of uses for Geo. Any suggestions? Where it fits in any events?

The Spooniest of Bards
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lucian Esperance
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Alarial View Post
    So... I'm having trouble thinking of uses for Geo. Any suggestions? Where it fits in any events?
    Probably nice in a Mage Party for anything where you'd mage burn. AoE Defense Down Aura that can't be resisted unless immune, and most likely stacks with all other forms of defense down. Attack Aura might let CORs roll something else.

Alarial

Seems like any HNM will kill the tubes pretty fast, negating debuff. And the sch would need to be near the melee for the Attack bonus to be effective too right..?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

hard to say until we know how strong the buffs/debuffs/nukes are

The Spooniest of Bards
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lucian Esperance
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Seems like any HNM will kill the tubes pretty fast, negating debuff. And the sch would need to be near the melee for the Attack bonus to be effective too right..?
    We don't know how much HP the tubes have, they also have to be AoE'd, can be healed, and can be made invincible for a time.

You could also make the Defense Down come from the Geo and the Attack Up come from the Loupan, and place the Loupan slightly better, only being hit by the biggest AoE's. Throw on a bunch of DT and sit there being a buff.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Depends on the cooldown of the ability that heals luopans, and the HP they have.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

you should be able to place them good, so they dont get killed every aoe and they have a short recast time, so even if they get killed, you can just recast them (sure they have a high mp cost, but its not like they get killed once and you cant get them up again)

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I was thinking with the new defense and attack changes that Wilt and Barrier would be pretty useful (assuming they get a good buff). With the mob atk cap goin from 2.0 to 4.0 lowering the mobs attack and raising tanks defense would be a good strategy I think.

Also for situational monsters GEO gets a debuff of magic attack down. Mage type mobs could take a big hit if it's powerful enough, especially combined with RUN's mdef buffs.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by nomad2637 View Post
    I was thinking with the new defense and attack changes that Wilt and Barrier would be pretty useful (assuming they get a good buff). With the mob atk cap goin from 2.0 to 4.0 lowering the mobs attack and raising tanks defense would be a good strategy I think.

Also for situational monsters GEO gets a debuff of magic attack down. Mage type mobs could take a big hit if it's powerful enough, especially combined with RUN's mdef buffs.

Yeah, with the anticipated piles upon piles of destruction looming with the atk / DEF changes, I can imagine GEO being responsible for keeping DEF buff on, and wilting the enemy

Campaign
    BG Level

Subs for GEO?
    /WHM? /RDM? /SCH?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

i guess /rdm would be good for nuke but /whm for buffer for haste/-nas/cure4?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Seeing that new dmg 72 club during reives and GEO getting Hexastrike, I'd almost be inclined to say /NIN or /DNC and have them be up meleeing. Of course would have to see what gear they get but it certainly intrigues me. Especially with the -ra line being close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Heslon View Post
    i guess /rdm would be good for nuke but /whm for buffer for haste/-nas/cure4?
    GEO doesn't have any natural healing skill so cure 4 will do really poorly overall. /SCH most likely if you're backlining. Light Arts for supporting with na and B skill healing, Dark arts for nuking.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

wanst sure if a /sch cure 3 is better then a /whm cure 4 with low skill D.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yeah pretty sure it would be. At least roughly equal to /SCH's Cure 3 but with more MP cost.

Also GEO is on Genbu's Shield, so that could open up some more melee possibilities.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I think /RDM would be best. Slight m.att bonus for nukes, fast cast, and Convert. Also Cure spells, Haste etc.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by nomad2637 View Post
    Seeing that new dmg 72 club during reives and GEO getting Hexastrike, I'd almost be inclined to say /NIN or /DNC and have them be up meleeing. Of course would have to see what gear they get but it certainly intrigues me. Especially with the -ra line being close range.
    Yeah no

Realistically, the spell list just seems to confirm that GEO won't have much of a place for anything that isn't particularly vulnerable to magic damage. Can't march, and doesn't have much of anything that replaces COR. They're basically competing with DD jobs for party slots

But we'll see

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I think they said you can set auras around other players so GEO wouldn't have to be front line all the time.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I guess we'll have to see but Luopan's HP depends on geomancy and bell skills so in future updates its HP will increase. It's also a likely candidate for tier 1 merits.

If you stopped to actually learn something you might not post these uninformed posts.
    BG Level

Has anyone logged on yet? Still downloading. How do you get to the new lands?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast