Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 68 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 ... LastLast
    Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I've been trying to pin down the Tier formulas for some of the geo spells lately and with some of the data that Kumbai posted earlier in the thread, I believe I pinned down the equation for Refresh:

Floor(1+(Combined Skill/180)) + Geomancy Skill

Indi/Geo Refresh
    Code:
    Skill         Base          Dunna       Idris 
    -----------------------------------------------
    0-179          1              6           11
    180-359        2              7           12
    360-539        3              8           13
    540-719        4              9           14
    720+           5              10          15

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Someone on my server (asura) is spreading stupid and inaccurate information about that you can actually block the charm and amnesia abilities from the yorcia T5 boss with geo-vex + blaze of glory + Ecliptic Attrition...

This is not true, (it doesn't make sense to begin with) it have been tested several times with well geared geo 821 skill/dunna.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by winterskye View Post
    Someone on my server (asura) is spreading stupid and inaccurate information about that you can actually block the charm and amnesia abilities from the yorcia T5 boss with geo-vex + blaze of glory + Ecliptic Attrition...

This is not true, (it doesn't make sense to begin with) it have been tested several times with well geared geo 821 skill/dunna.
    vex and attunement make you resist charm and amnesia most likely on the T5 Yorcia boss, i have done it several times, of course the melees need to wear ilvl 119 armor too. obviously stuff might still land, but out of 4 charms 4 missed in the first run and then out of 3 charms 3 missed (as in resisted). you need both vex and attunement there and melees that use ilvl 119 gear. but again charm and amnesia might still land occasionally, just not 100% of the time. key is to use BOTH vex and attunement in combination with ilvl 119 gear.
    and it makes perfect sense that vex and attunement as a combo makes you resist stuff, when you drop the mobs m.acc to the ground and up your magic evasion to the roof. add baramnesia on top of that and you are golden.

that information came from me on the delve 2.0 topic, so you might also accuse me of wrong information, but it has been proven that vex (in some cases alone) and attunement do wonders on various stuff.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

You can evade it normally sometimes w/o that, so I don't see why that is so hard to believe.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

hmmm

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

A question for the veteran GEOs out there.

What should I wear for a proper Flash Nova set? I know from the BG Wiki that STR and MND are modifiers, but is there anything else that can increase it's damage such as MAB?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

MAB is extremely potent, yes

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsudoku View Post
    MAB is extremely potent, yes
    Excellent. I shall now conduct cruel experiments on Mandragoras outside Western Adoulin. Hopefully PETA doesn't come after me.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I believe the formula has been updated so you could just math it out

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    I believe the formula has been updated so you could just math it out
    Math? *shudder*

Quote Originally Posted by TummieGaruda View Post
    I've been trying to pin down the Tier formulas for some of the geo spells lately and with some of the data that Kumbai posted earlier in the thread, I believe I pinned down the equation for Refresh:

Floor(1+(Combined Skill/180)) + Geomancy Skill

Indi/Geo Refresh
    Code:
    Skill         Base          Dunna       Idris 
    -----------------------------------------------
    0-179          1              6           11
    180-359        2              7           12
    360-539        3              8           13
    540-719        4              9           14
    720+           5              10          15
    So... Holyshitballs.
    That new ring.
    But then I thought: "wait... it's only +10... is that even enough to up a tier??"

This is just what needs to be on the wiki.
    And max skill atm is 828 (373*2+16*2+18+12+15+5=828)... so given that it seems that each tier is 180s... 900 would be the "ultimate" tier (analogous to SMN's 600 for Alexander).
    838 is a loooooong way off....
    Possibly empy hat, legs, and feet can provide the missing 62... buuuut.... probably not.
    So looks like the scenario ring (at least for now) is basically just a refresh ring.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

There were some spells that exhibited far smaller tiers as well, namely Frailty and Fury. Last time I really paid attention to tiers was at least 6 months ago though, so some things may of been shaken up when they adjusted the potency of Geo spells. IIRC a tier change for Frailty and Fury back then was +/- 0.15%, so even if you did break a tier with the ring, it'd be nothing to write home about, unless the potency changes increased the amount gained from tiers, rather than at the base of the spell. Never seen testing to figure out which way they were buffed.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by FaeQueenCory View Post
    So... Holyshitballs.
    That new ring.
    But then I thought: "wait... it's only +10... is that even enough to up a tier??"

This is just what needs to be on the wiki.
    And max skill atm is 828 (373*2+16*2+18+12+15+5=828)... so given that it seems that each tier is 180s... 900 would be the "ultimate" tier (analogous to SMN's 600 for Alexander).
    838 is a loooooong way off....
    Possibly empy hat, legs, and feet can provide the missing 62... buuuut.... probably not.
    So looks like the scenario ring (at least for now) is basically just a refresh ring.
    Not that it matters much for your point, but I believe you're missing the potential +10 augment on the JSE cape. Also, that tier is only relevant to refresh. It's likely that the additional 10 skill can make 1 difference on things like accuracy up/down and evasion up/down as well as the small % differences Malithar mentioned.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So, I don't know if I just didn't notice before or something broke this update, but the Job Point category "Magic Attack Bonus" for Geomancer seems to be broken. That category is capped and I have enough Job Points spent to get both of the Magic Attack Bonus gifts for a total of 15 as well as the gift for magic damage +3. When I go outside in West Saru (avoiding any enhancement from Cardinal Chant) and nuke a bunny with Water I, it does 193 damage. This is as GEO/WHM w/ 111 base INT. This suggests an MAB of just 15 where it should be 25.

Can anyone else check to confirm?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well I can't get on my jpd geo right now to check but blms look fine.

Anyways I think it should be 19 not 25... it looks like the gifts are progressive notice how the higher tiers are always higher. Still a little low though

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Both stat gain gifts and CP gain gifts definitely do stack.

My DRK has both Physical Defense Bonus gifts unlocked; naked, without gifts, my defense should be 166, but it's actually 176, which lines up with them both counting (first gift is +4, second gift is +6).

On my BLM (1 JP spent), level 100 Careening Twitheryms gives 89 CP; on my DRK (186 JPs spent), they give 129 CP. 89 * 1.45 = 129.05.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Weird thought they changed this update

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Thought what changed this update?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    Thought what changed this update?
    They said "* Some gifts have also been adjusted." So figured that with each one being stronger than the last and I thought they changed after all weren't all the cp ones 5% before? I can't log on right now so not sure what ones your drk is getting but according to the table on the OF if they are added up you should only have +33% cp gain rate if they are added together so looks like something else is also at play in those cps. Though now that I look at the table yeah definitely makes sense not to be 5% several times if they didn't add up.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The CP gifts used to give +5%/+5%/+5%/+5%, which added up to +20%. They buffed them to +5%/+7%/+9%/+11%, for a total of +32%, then added two more that give +13%/+15%. My DRK has the first five of those, which add up to +45% CP gain rate. That checks out. They DO add up.