Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 68 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast
    CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I don't, Proth gave it to me, but it works out perfectly for 1k needles and Frost breath! What are the chances for those points to both fall on a specific parabola!?

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

No contention intended. We just need to credit the original finder for the wiki.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Anyway, that formula is especially awesome because it means you don't have to go around to random mobs everywhere to test things! '~'

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Offtopic, but your avatar is hilarious. Seeing this pink moth(?) talking about math is just cracking me up.

Btw, GEO in Colonization Reive/ Lair Reive, Concentric Pulse make 1.2 to 1.4k dmg AOE.
    Sadly, I believed this doesn't count toward your rewards.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by chichicha View Post
    Btw, GEO in Colonization Reive/ Lair Reive, Concentric Pulse make 1.2 to 1.4k dmg AOE.
    Sadly, I believed this doesn't count toward your rewards.
    That is so broken and should be reported as a bug....

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Yup, a 5 min ability that does 1k~ aoe is too strong we should report it. Let's hope they don't find out what BLMs are capable of

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Ryolen View Post
    Yup, a 5 min ability that does 1k~ aoe is too strong we should report it. Let's hope they don't find out what BLMs are capable of
    I think you missed the stuff about the points and the rewards....

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I see what I misunderstood thar. Lolz.

But yea, that does in fact suck some major booty. People are saying it's revenge for all the mages that used to spam enhancing magic in campaign for exp lol They already addressed the mage issue though on the official forums.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Its clearly more fail testing by SE period.....

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Reive evaluations are largely based on the NUMBER of actions you perform. It works like Weight Watchers. Every action has an associated point value, except unlike Weight Watchers, your goal is to exceed the limit, not stay under it.

The actual Bayld you receive is calculated based on how much the root was damaged by the entire alliance. If you got enough weight watchers points, then you receive that amount as does everyone else who got enough points. While I beat up the root and a PLD held mobs off to the side, a WHM meleed and skillchained with me to kill the root. We all received the same number of points with every passed evaluation. The WHM mule was also able to earn the same amount of XP as me by spamming barfira etc. throughout the evaluation interval, but since Hastes take a long time to cast, if the WHM had to stop and cast haste on the party, it would fail that evaluation. This was prior to the update though, so hastes are likely more like cookies than carrots now, though.

Concentric Pulse is one ability. Of course it didn't earn you enough points to pass the evaluation.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Not completely true, as I've gotten different amounts of exp/bayld than members of my party on the same tally before.

The damage to the roots seems to determine the cap for each tally, instead of the actual amount; each person still has to reach that cap with their actions.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Was it true that spamming more level appropriate spells increased GEo skill up rates? Or should we just continue spamming the lower MP ones?

Quote Originally Posted by Toth View Post
    Was it true that spamming more level appropriate spells increased GEo skill up rates? Or should we just continue spamming the lower MP ones?
    I think the guy who capped everything said switch to level appropriate as you get higher

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    Not completely true, as I've gotten different amounts of exp/bayld than members of my party on the same tally before.

The damage to the roots seems to determine the cap for each tally, instead of the actual amount; each person still has to reach that cap with their actions.
    Agreed unless they changed something drastically easily last night fell cleaving had points pouring in forcing my support mages to work double time keeping my drk and war up the points was sweet as hell. In one fight I only got in my buffs and 1 cleave and died still picked up 700 bayld and I didn't raise until after it was over. So AOE damage seemed to pour in the numbers last night seeing concentric pulse is AOE can't see why that wouldn't as well.

I play 5 toons in a revive so it makes it really easy to determine what jobs got the shaft before the update my dds was getting at least 2x my mages...

E before O except before E-I-E-I-O.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kyleen Garaka
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I capped skill by spamming Indi-Poison, Voidance, and Precision. No need for the other spells at all.

I just used Indi-Poison, Voidance and Precision. The 3 cheapest MP spells. The level of the spell has to effect on the skill up rate.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Is casting GEO's any faster than indi spells say on another player? Getting to cap at level 63 seemed to take forever constantly spamming spells with no rest...

Geo-spells take forever to cast compared to Indi-spells, regardless of the target. Just keep spamming the above mentioned 3 and you'll cap out eventually. It's not fast (no magic skilling is) but it works.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I saw a JP doing geo-spells on a NPC the other day. I don't know if it works or not.