Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68
    Relic Shield
    BG Level

God i have no idea wtf SE was thinking when they decided random placement of luopan was an awesome idea. Especially when it seems to always pop up in front of the mob where people are not likely to want to turn the mob (AKA they plant on a wall to avoid throwback). I think SE did say not long ago they were going to come up with a way to position it where you want it. I would have made it pop the luopan between where you stand and the mob when cast from the get go.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by EjinCaitsith View Post
    His argument is there's really no point to the regen on the gear that justifies the inventory for current content.
    I believe they only replied because he said "I'd have a hard time believing that unless it was a <127 zerg or something."

I'm not personally advocating everyone does it. I only mentioned that Pet: Regen works and it's possible to have long lasting enhanced luopans now should anyone find it applicable.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by nivlakian View Post
    I believe they only replied because he said "I'd have a hard time believing that unless it was a <127 zerg or something."
    Not really, no. Just saying, as the quote says exactly, I have a hard time believing it. To this day, I still have to bitch at people to get in the bubbles, no one moves things in such a way that conal attacks won't hit the luopan, and good stunners or not, Galumph is a fairly quick use move, as well as his standard jumping and conal AoE attacks, with Mighty Strikes possibly thrown in. Certainly possible that I run with terribad DDs too that can't clear 130+ in that short of a time frame, SCing is still beyond most of them. Certainly look forward to them developing a new way of targeting luopans like they mentioned in the interview, or just quit being stubborn and give it the targeting properties of Cure spells. Being able to tactically reduce incoming damage to it would do well to increase the viability of regen sets if the content can make use of them.

Didn't mean for you to take it as an absolute truth or anything that regen gear is useless, just that it's use compared to other things you could be doing seems inventory intensive if not somewhat counterproductive to what else you could be doing. It certainly is an option, and content willing, it's something we may need to rely on at some point. Always good to at least be aware of what tools you have available to your job. Thanks for testing it.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    I think SE did say not long ago they were going to come up with a way to position it where you want it.
    Having them allow us to pop debuff luopans using players as targets (just like you can with buff Luopans) would be enough to offer a decent range of choices and fix that issue.
    It feels innatural that you can't honestly.
    Hope theyr'e gonna at least allow that in the near future.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    it's use compared to other things you could be doing seems inventory intensive if not somewhat counterproductive to what else you could be doing.
    Inventory is certainly an issue of course. However, if you have the room, it's possible to augment more than one set of skirmish gear if you have other intentions for it. Also, I think it should be mentioned that it's possible to add enhancing magic duration+ to the telchine gear as well if you put Pet: Regen on it already just for added uses besides the pet regen. Longer lasting haste, refresh (/rdm), aquaviel, etc.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by nivlakian View Post
    Inventory is certainly an issue of course. However, if you have the room, it's possible to augment more than one set of skirmish gear if you have other intentions for it. Also, I think it should be mentioned that it's possible to add enhancing magic duration+ to the telchine gear as well if you put Pet: Regen on it already just for added uses besides the pet regen. Longer lasting haste, refresh (/rdm), aquaviel, etc.
    I dunno where I got the idea from, but could of sworn it was Helios that had pet: regen? Looking at the Google doc we've got going now, looks like it's on both, so I concede. D: Planned on the Enhancing duration Telchine anyways.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Did anyone figure out the weakness pattern on the GEO 135 empy fight?

Campaign
    BG Level

Not that I know. It took me likwe 4 or 5 attempts to win... "Kite" it around the stairs, use bolster macc and try different types of nukes while /NIN

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Not that I know. It took me likwe 4 or 5 attempts to win... "Kite" it around the stairs, use bolster macc and try different types of nukes while /NIN
    It keeps depopping but i dont think it's due to distance, is there some time limit?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Just beat it. Took a few tries but didn't even need to bolster.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by pancakesandsex View Post
    It keeps depopping but i dont think it's due to distance, is there some time limit?
    Yes, like 2 mins or something like that. If you get a right nuke, a T5 will deal like, waht, 90% damage or something like that.
    But T5 can be mp intensive. Use too many and u're out of MP, and since u're perma kiting u don't have many ways to recover MP (vile elixir maybe?).
    There's a lot of luck involved becaose of the random Horde Lullaby too, fucking your shadows and letting you get hit (and those hits DO HURT trust me)

It took me 4 or 5 attempts.
    Comparatively, I did the RUN one on second (could say 1st technically)

Either way, glad you did it

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Yes, like 2 mins or something like that. If you get a right nuke, a T5 will deal like, waht, 90% damage or something like that.
    But T5 can be mp intensive. Use too many and u're out of MP, and since u're perma kiting u don't have many ways to recover MP (vile elixir maybe?).
    There's a lot of luck involved becaose of the random Horde Lullaby too, fucking your shadows and letting you get hit (and those hits DO HURT trust me)

It took me 4 or 5 attempts.
    Comparatively, I did the RUN one on second (could say 1st technically)

Either way, glad you did it
    Thanks!

The Geo solo fights have been a lot of fun. I wish the mythic one didn't require you to drop 100 hp bayld to experience it because it's a great one.