Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53

Thread: Rune Fencer Findings     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Campaign
    BG Level

I wonder why the -meva doesn't show in the equipment screen though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    I wonder why the -meva doesn't show in the equipment screen though.
    Because it's just like Frazzle in the regard that it doesn't just do 8 elements down via the equipment menu. You can test it a variety of ways. I don't have Ballista points so I just popped Mastop and used Frazzle until he put it back on me. Wasn't until I was writing this that I forgot I could have just got a Colibri to mimic it. -_-

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Tried against pots which are known have mdt no change in dmg. Tried thunder on earth elemental again no dmg change. So seems wont work with general mdt or all but certain dmg types nor extreme resist types like elementals....
    I don't think pots and elementals have species damage taken. I'm pretty sure the articles on FFXIclopedia are correct that it's just Magic Defense Bonus for that element(s) on elementals and general MDB on pots. I'm no math whiz on how MDB works in conjunction with what the base damage of Water I should be, but I did use Gambit to see if it would increase damage which it does slightly but consistently the entire duration.

RUN/RDM iLvl 118

To ensure mob magic evasion was as low as I could:
    Frazzle I
    Magic Accuracy +278
    No weather. Iceday
    INT: 278
    Magic Accuracy Atma x3: (Merciless Matriarch - Superior, Heavens - Major, & Kirin - Major

Sinister Seidel – Abyssea-Grauberg

Water I base: 95 damage consistently

Water I with 3 Unda rune Gambit: 123 consistently

Water I with 3 Unda rune Rayke: 95 consistently

Gefryst – Abyssea-Grauberg
    (used Ascetic's Tonic here and removed the MAB buff but left the Macc/Intension to be more sure)

Water I base: 12 damage consistently

Water I with 3 Unda rune Gambit: 15 consistently

Water I with 3 Unda rune Rayke: 12 consistently
    I altered the Rayke page to include both because it was driving me bonkers all week. I think more than anything this just confirms that any resistance that Rayke doesn't work on isn't magic evasion or species damage taken. Either magic defense bonus or something else entirely is my guess.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

You can trade vouchers for ballista points if you ever need to test something there. 1k ballista points per voucher.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rwolf View Post
    Because it's just like Frazzle in the regard that it doesn't just do 8 elements down via the equipment menu.
    I think this has always been the case with debuffs/buffs that aren't element specific. Meva+ or Meva- do not appear in that menu because they concern all the 8 basic elements AND non-elemental at the same time.
    But element-specific buffs and debuffs always appear in that screen, afaik?
    In the case of Rayke it would be specific from 1 to 3 elements according to the number and type of runes used, so in theory it should appear in the menu... no?

I forgot about using a voucher. I'll have to keep that in mind, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    In the case of Rayke it would be specific from 1 to 3 elements according to the number and type of runes used, so in theory it should appear in the menu... no?
    I think it is because Rayke is unique. It's magic evasion down that has multiple variants on what it does. It's not a consistent magic evasion down of a solitary element or elements. It just puts a magic evasion down icon and does it behind the scenes. I wouldn't be surprised if it was just easier for them to have it that way. Then worry about different icons (or the same icon just repeated) and assigned ability codes for each variant of Rayke. Also concern of how that might break something when the game tries to display which elements were reflected back on you via an ability like Emetic Discharge from Gnats.

I'm not SE though so I have no idea why, I'm just thinking from my working in MMO QA perspective. It could have just been a mistake that it's not shown. It's definitely some magic evasion down in it though, that I can say for certain.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Rwolf View Post

I don't think pots and elementals have species damage taken. I'm pretty sure the articles on FFXIclopedia are correct that it's just Magic Defense Bonus for that element(s) on elementals and general MDB on pots. I'm no math whiz on how MDB works in conjunction with what the base damage of Water I should be, but I did use Gambit to see if it would increase damage which it does slightly but consistently the entire duration.
    I know I thought pots though now I don't remember where I saw that so might have to test for that. I was testing to see if it just counted any sort of dt/mdt in general instead of just a specific element. Similar to how tomahawk will lower the something like invincible or elementals pdt. It could just be mdb honestly I never read into it. Guess it's time to test again for a mob to make sure a mob has mdt