She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yeah. I think so too. Hopefully we get some more answers the next batch.

Oh and btw. do NOT try to hotlink the map screenshots from that link I put up. It will not work since yes, I got hotlink protection turned on. (I hate..bandwidth thieves) You do, and you'll get a page that yells at you for the hotlink and tells you to downloand the pic, then go get a photobucket instead of the pic you wanted. That may sound meanish but I don't want to pay for it thank you. ^^

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Crashed during the cutscene at the Crawling Cave and have been stuck since, tried checking the cave again, clicking the hollowed pathway, ??? for kumhau and talking to Levi.
    Has anyone had a similar problem?

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Is it worth doing them all at once now or should I wait? I don't wanna forget any plot details as they progress, but is it at 50% story wise?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Without giving spoilers, very little is explained overall. However, the stage is set for some epic shit to start going down. The last CS in particular leaves a lot of open questions. Most of it prior to that is lore/political.

As far as if this might be the 50% mark, really, this could be the 0% mark. Most of the things prior was just setting up what was going on. Some stuff is finally going down now though.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

we don't have a single bit of backstory on what Ra'Kaznar is yet

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aumaan Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Other than the last cutscene, this set of missions really didn't feel like it made much progress, to me. Avoiding explicit spoilers, but I probably ought to put it in a block anyway, for those that don't even want vague references.

Spoiler: show
    The lack of Ra'Kaznar was just the most blatant bit (unless the final cutscene happened over it? It wasn't really clear to me if they were trying to imply anything with that prominent sort-of-pyramidal mountain). Up to that cliffhanger the mission content was just a side event that didn't really feel all that well supported character-motivation-wise, or move the ball much. The first new "person" we run across was awesome and I would beg Square to make him a Trust NPC if I thought there was any chance of it, but plotwise he felt like an unnecessary extra faction that probably won't be significantly involved outside of the stuff he's already done. And most infuriating, still zero progress on mysterious-dude-that-seems-so-obviously-evil-that-he's-obviously-good (that I hope turns out to be actually evil, just to screw with that).

I dunno, maybe I've strayed a little past a basic "is the plot moving" and into territory more suited for the Plot/Lore thread, heh. And outside of the slow progress speed I've got nothing to complain about- they continue to do amazing things with a very old game engine in these cutscenes, and I'm very interested in where the plot may go next. The expressions and general movement animation of Mr. Auric Goldfur were especially impressive, I thought. I'm not sure we've seen anything quite like that in the game before. Everyone should be doing these missions, and I'm not just saying that because I had to wait about 6 hours for JPtime to roll around to get three people on the entire server at one time that were interested in plowing through the extremely easy fight.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    we don't have a single bit of backstory on what Ra'Kaznar is yet
    Aw

Zone looks awesome, in the "square" rooms below it looks slightly like zilartian stuff btw, but that's the only spots which share similarities with zilartian architecture btw, and it's just a slight resemblance.

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I really liked these batch of cutscenes, but really this goes too slow, if next is coming in 3 months it really sucks ._. hope much sooner..

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

we didn't move forward by very much, but it definitely sets the stage in some ways, and appears to answer a few questions.

its very clear from Arciela's background and what Kumhau says that they definitely still honor the pact of the founder king, and wouldn't dare lay a hand on her, likely because of her lineage more than the Otharsyne. I need to go back to the castle CS and choose the option about her walking as a kid into the jungle with the cloth sigil.

considering Kumhau can talk to you, its also proof that the Naakuals are sentient.. which makes things more interesting, since they've existed since the time of August himself. The Naakuals also appear to have been faithful servants to the king. The super tiger and his descendant appear to exist beyond the Naakual's "jurisdiction" of the local fauna, and are like personal protectors of the royal family.

the gargoyles and marolith were said to have been sealed away by the Naakuals, but now the seal had worn off.. or something. i didn't quite catch it, and am not certain if they started moving because the royal lineage had been 'severed' due to Ygnas being a leafkin and Arciela being trapped in the soul siphon.. or just because noone was in possession of the Otharsyne at that point in time, or just time.

the Scourge of the Land is an interesting new character in the story.. and we know nothing about him.. i get the feeling that he isn't an antagonist but rather is protecting Ulbuka against a greater evil, probably sealed within Ra'Kaznar. We also don't know who the 7th Naakual is yet. Could be the dragon, maybe.

I find it interesting to note that Ra'Kaznar is a separate region altogether.. which almost implies that there are no more zones left in Eastern Ulbuka. I certainly hope that it's the new mission end-game... but kinda wished they released the mission story concurrently with the area.. so that we'd have a greater idea what Ra'Kaznar was. This was how they dealt it in the past...

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Them there story spoilin' thoughts!

I think I'm more curious how Morimar (unless it's a descendant, like the tiger) is still alive. It definitely lends some credit to some sort of eternity thing going on with some characters (Nakuuls, Teodor, etc).

First time seeing one of the 12 guardians name mentioned as well. Do you think it's a coincidence that he shares his name with the Basalt Fields, or do you think each area may be named after one of the 12 guardians? And if so, does that mean we may have more areas in store?

The more I walked around Ra'Kaznar, the more I bought into the theory of it being an off brance of the Zilart. That transparent floor with the red hexagonal textures as you walk over it just screams Zilart, as both sky and sea had the same effect. I dunno why, but all that came to mind when I got my Silvery Plate was the Strange Apparatus' back in the middle lands.

I still think there's far more to the excorsists than we know. It wasn't long ago that you were treated to some behind the scenes spoilers of their leader, wtfever his name is, talking about some scheme that was hidden from Ingrid's eyes.

The fact we could communicate to the tiger was strange. Every time prior that the seed the Leafkin queen gave us caused us to be able to communicate, it glowed. No such glowing this time. So what connection may we have to the tiger? And why/how did he know anything about the Big Bridge (when he mentioned that Arciela's heart might be as big as the Big Bridge)?

There's an NPC near the castle that mentions seeing a shadowy figure creeping around the castle. Very farfetched tbh, but Teodor strikes me as possibly that figure. Thus far in the missions, he's only really had any communication with us. Other NPCs have seen him, and he loves his games of chance at the Mummer's, but he seems to have absolutely nothing to do with anyone else. When I consider the tribune article posted about him before, I tend to think he's not some magical badass guy or anything, he's just an actual ghost. Blast from the past if you will, maybe even the founder king or perhaps one of his guardians. Who knows. But I definitely don't think he's a real, living, breathing person. Back to the tiger mentioned above, having some sort of link with us, Teodor is the only one that does. Perhaps Teodor is the form that the tiger takes to gain access to the city and keep further watch over things?

Prolly kind of rambling, but considering we've got 2+ months before we see anymore of this, I just wanted to lay out my thoughts so I had something to look back on once we do finally progress.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

some background on the leaders of the 12 orders.

Each of the 12 orders is named after King August and his 11 retainer's houses.
    ie. Adoulin, Karieyh, Weatherspoon, Thurandaut, Gorney, etc.

Based on Morimar and Yahse, it appears that the first names of some of the retainers are used to name areas..

so far we only know 3 full names of the 12.

August Adoulin
    Yahse Karieyh
    Morimar Shneddick (or perhaps Morimar of Shneddick)

i'm guessing thats how the first name last name basis goes.
    from this we could probably assume the possibilility that some other of his retainers are named Ceizak, Kamihr, Yorcia, Marjami, Rala or Cirdas? lol

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

That's what I believe as well. I just hope eventually everything will come full circle and they don't leave us with question marks on certain parts of the lore, I hate when that happens

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So I'm on stonewalled but it wont let me into the fight for some reason. I'm in a pt of 3 and it just says it's considering my request waits for a good minute or 2 then says cannot enter and asks me again

nvm had to check the KI

A gigantic waste of space
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Maurauc Baelfyr
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Cutscene at Levil, of course. The Nose Harp reveals itself!
    Go to Couriers and talk to Kipligg.
    Waterfront, door at the end on the left, "Port Storage"

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Mission: Melvien de Malecroix

• At the Waterfront you are instructed to obtain 1 to 4 of one of the items mentioned in the CS.
    • Item requested will be either Manticore Leather, Manticore Hair, Buffalo Horn, Eft Skin, or Buffalo Leather
    • Amount will be associated to the item requested.

Mission: Courier Catastrophe

• Trade the requested items to the Storage house door at the Waterfront, return to Kipligg for CS.

Mission: Done and Delivered
    • Kipligg instructs you to return to Levil.

Mission: Ministeral Whispers
    • Speak to Levil, receive 500 Bayld.

Mission: A day in the Life of a Pioneer.
    • wait one game day, zone and speak to then Levil.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The item you need is random from the recipie, it seems. I needed to give a Buffalo Horn.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

yeah i was just about to edit that. edited.

After all that you have to go to the peak of mt Kahmihr, - head to H-5. You'll have to go back to the library after that, then back up the mountain.

There's a massive infodump at both locations. Some info about ra'kaznar and about the identity of the being who will probably be the final boss of the expansion.

Trying to figure out what to do next.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

You only need 1 buffalo horn if you're asked for that.

A gigantic waste of space
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Maurauc Baelfyr
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Woh Gates after the second cutscene in Kamihr. Not sure where yet though. Maybe the door with the umbril?
    Also holy crap, this story is getting awesome