Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Anyone find any good ways to get Baylds? Didn't see any other threads I could ask that in.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Reive are a decent source for melee. Mages are fucked by it though. I got like 4k doing 3 reive in the last 45 minutes or so.

Up to 500/600 Baylid per mob.

Banned.

BG Level

I am no longer going to be able to make this flight. Maybe you guys know something I may not.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

It's not even calculated per mob per se. You could attack the wall the entire time and get those sort of results.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Reive are a decent source for melee. Mages are fucked by it though. I got like 4k doing 3 reive in the last 45 minutes or so.

Just to emphasize, the evaluation is completely broken for mages. I was spamming as many nukes as I could and could barely get on the list to get Bayld (alternated between 0 and some sub-100 amounts). I'd imagine this will be patched, but it's pretty annoying that they could screw up a system like this that they already have experience with from campaign, etc. It's not like you can take a few DD out to one of these and be successful, you need a healer and/or sleeper there as well. Nobody is going to want to do that for nothing.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

It's not per mob, it's a timed tally.

Should we open a Colonization thread? the information/questions are getting spread all over the place

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Spaghetti code etc.? Surprising how long since I last saw the phrase, lol.

Paging Dr. Nat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Natallon Docere
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I agree with this. As WHM last night even though I was blowing through MP healing everyone around, I did not start receiving Baylid until I was meleeing the tree roots. Granted this was doing very minuscule damage with only 75 exp/baylid per eval.
    So maybe they just messed up the way magic is supposed to be calculated in the evaluation.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm doing Scaredy Cats but I can't seem to get a CS at G-8 in battleground. Something more specific for this?

Nvm, it was on the other side of that pos

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

ok..

seems like theres 2 more missions to go.. but we don't know how to get to it..

i'm going by conjecture here, and gonna say that we're gonna need to do a bunch of quests before we can progress.

Here's my specutheorycraft:
    my guess is that there's 1 quest tied to each Coalition that helps to introduce the various maesters, who do appear to be tied to the story.
    in other words, a quest taken up at a coalition where a maester shows his/her face is likely the correct one.

we have...

1) Scaredy-Cats
    features Lhe Langavo, Maester of the Pioneer Coalition, and the only quest thus far that auto-starts, i think.

2) Raptor Rapture
    I haven't completed this one, but it features Flaviria of the Mummers Coalition.

3) Vegetable Vegetable Revolution
    Quest giver is Amchuchu, Maester of Inventor's Coalition, so this might be one

..i can't really tell if you'll meet any of the other maesters in the current batch of quests. guess we'll need to do more to find out.
    Leafkin one might be a possibility, as well as exploring the rala waterways.

or it could just be 3 maesters? we don't know where to check to see if we've progressed good or not.. but my guess is Pioneer's Coalition.

interestingly, the 3 orders that Flaviria, Amchuchu and Lhe head are Thurandaut, Orvail and Karieyh.. which are the 3 Traditional armor sets currently available.

...alternatively, based on the way the conversations run in the dats.. it seems you need to defeat a Naakual.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well, I've just got all three of those quests done.

Not really sure what to do now. There was that CS with Hektor in VVR, but it doesn't seem to lead anywhere.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

yeah.. it doesn't seem to be it.

my current guess based on the dats is you need to kill a Naakual, and then maybe have these quests done... or it could be one of those 'option' texts

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm leaning towards conquest reset personally.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Just leaving this here:

Quote Originally Posted by Michelob View Post
    LS mate just got the next mission. He got it after achieving probationer at two different coalitions. He duped once on accident for the record.

Edit: he doesn't know if it was the rankings that activated it or just a total tag usage. He said he got 6-9 tags from the glitch.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I'm thinking it's in the vicinity of ~50 imprimaturs used. Possibly tied to rank progress in the various coalitions and/or Adoulin fame, but I'm betting it's just imprimaturs. We should know for sure by the middle of this week as it'll be possible to have 50 legitimately by tomorrow night or so.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Slycer View Post
    I'm thinking it's in the vicinity of ~50 imprimaturs used. Possibly tied to rank progress in the various coalitions and/or Adoulin fame, but I'm betting it's just imprimaturs.
    I'm thinking it's imprimaturs also - just got dinner invite for mission. Hit Disciple in Peacekeeper Coalition earlier, so that's at least 40 right there, along with however many I spent in Pioneers when Adoulin first came out (somewhere like 4-6ish?). 50 sounds about right.

(42/42 quests done, but still fame lv3 btw).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Now I'm gonna regret letting my Imprimaturs lie unused during Easter, lol

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Oops didn't notice this thread. I'm leaning towards number of imprimaturs used myself. The mission itself involves going to the castle in eastern adoulin during certain hours... He went to bed when he learned it would be another half an hour til he could advance.

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

You have to talk to Brennan or Brennon or whatever his name is, right? The npc on pioneers you were directed to once reaching Adouling the first time.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Michelob View Post
    He went to bed when he learned it would be another half an hour til he could advance.
    Scold him for being useless!