Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Prishe top expansion loli... er I mean female protagonist

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    we are living in a magical land with magical being and magic, whats so strange about that ¬.¬? we fought brothers of an ancient civilisation, a god, the harbringer and keeper of valhalla and prevented judgement day, not to mention the timetravel.
    Well, if he presented himself as "I'm the last one of an ancient race" I wouldn't have found anything "strange" about it either. But he's a human being in theory, and how many humes who lived over 1000 years have we seen so far? So yeah, it seems strange °-°
    The strange part for me is not that he's been living so long, I could imagine over 9000 possible "magical" reasons to justify that.
    The strange part is that nobody finds it... strange, nobody bothers to ask why. I would be shocked "Omg you're the same Morimar who lived with my ancestor?! How can you possibly be still alive?!" I would have reacted like this if I were Arciela.

Of course they didn't make Arciela say those lines because if she did then Morimar would have been forced to touch the topic and reply, someway, to her.
    While instead either:
    1) there's a secret/plot-twist that also touched other characters and we'll found out everything in due time
    2) they had no clue what to say about it so they skillfully avoided to touch the topic

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Personally, I've never understood why people like Prishe or Naja. Prishe constantly strikes me as a poseur. Every time she's on screen I'm just like, "Yeah, I get it you swear, You're raring for a fight, you're desperate to show you're tough, you're Cursed With Awesome.

And Naja? Oh, Naja...she ends up being such a central character in ToAU and I was SO looking forward to her learning a lesson about not taking advantage of her mercenaries at the end of the mission line and instead Nashimeira says how great she is and how important she is to the empire and blah, blah, blah. And my character had nothing to say about that. All she did besides count her money, heap abuse on my character and order me to do things for her was get herself killed in one of the later missions. And then she has the gall to ask a fee of my character after she takes upon herself to make it MORE difficult to accomplish my character's mission. Asking for a fee....we're trying to save your nation from imminent doom, Naja! Your money isn't going to survive Ragnarok.

It's like we're supposed to find these characters charming and kind of respond with an, "Oh, you." but I just don't understand how anyone could like being talked down to by these characters. I guess I just don't get the appeal of the Tsundere.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

I like the "describe the character without mentioning their job or appearance" test.

Prishe is combative because she knows she's immortal and therefore doesn't think much of putting herself in harm's way, and she's crass because even as she serves to help the refugees in the Safehold they consider her an outcast because of her immortality.
    Naja is a shameless capitalist because she's determined to prove the worth of her family's kingdom to the Empire that's occupying it.
    Arciela is a watery tart with a sword.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

watery is pretty accurate considering all the tears. it's her only character trait!

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Well, if he presented himself as "I'm the last one of an ancient race" I wouldn't have found anything "strange" about it either. But he's a human being in theory, and how many humes who lived over 1000 years have we seen so far? So yeah, it seems strange °-°
    The strange part for me is not that he's been living so long, I could imagine over 9000 possible "magical" reasons to justify that.
    The strange part is that nobody finds it... strange, nobody bothers to ask why. I would be shocked "Omg you're the same Morimar who lived with my ancestor?! How can you possibly be still alive?!" I would have reacted like this if I were Arciela.

Of course they didn't make Arciela say those lines because if she did then Morimar would have been forced to touch the topic and reply, someway, to her.
    While instead either:
    1) there's a secret/plot-twist that also touched other characters and we'll found out everything in due time
    2) they had no clue what to say about it so they skillfully avoided to touch the topic

This reminded me of something. You know the dragon dude we meet in this expansion? This is exactly what Arcie asks him, how can he still be alive if King August lived centuries ago. But I guess because of that she doesn't give a second thought to Morimar, even if he's just a Hume(?) and not a big magic dragon.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    What I found strange is how nobody seems to wonder why Morimar is still alive. All we got is some pretty generic and mysterious sentence but they're all like : "Ah, ok then".
    I don't know—Arciela seemed rather shocked by it to me.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mefuki View Post
    Personally, I've never understood why people like Prishe or Naja.
    For Prishe it was Love & Hate for me.
    I guess she falls into the "tsundere" archetype?
    I didn't like her appearently immature attitude, but her backstory made her a sad and interesting character

Naja... omg. Her purpose was to be this comic character, I dunno, I couldn't stand her, never, and she stopped being funny (she was!) past the first 15 minutes of the same type of dialogues over and over and over and over.
    Annoying...
    I kinda also hated Lilisette, don't really know why, she just rubbed me wrong somehow.
    And Aphmau/Nashmeira? Ungh... I didn't "hate" her like I hated Naja, there were some cool aspects of her character but in the end I didn't particularly like her either.

She has some common traits with Arciela (whiny princess) but I see Arciela as a more mature, combative character. I really really love her.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Honestly out of the now roughly 500 Tsundere chars in this game, Prishe was the least like one. She never pretended to hate you while actually liking you the way Adjido-Marujido etc do. She was just rude and spoke her mind all the time. I didn't like Prishe at first, but she grew on me after a while. Probably because I found out she wasn't just a twelve-year-old brat mouthing off to me, but in fact, an old lady mouthing off to me. She was also the least annoying of your 50 traveling companions from CoP. Prishe > Tenzen > Mhag who is the least interesting of her sisters > Jabbos who no one remembers > Ulmia who's lack of confidence is her only character trait > everyone else in the entire game> and the Chebukki Triplets... Man do I freaking hate those 3 Taru.

I hated Naja too. I know her CS were just meant to be funny "I have the worst boss" tropes or w/e but it was mostly annoying having to deal with her always slamming her stupid morgenstern on her desk while Abquhbah practically pisses his pants while she berates you. I was angry we didn't get a quest for her trust, would have been funny to watch Abquhbah faint at the sight of two of her.

Aphmau was fairly useless as far as mission girls go, but she's young and fairly sheltered so I can't really fault her for it. She just wanted to be free and go on an adventure. Also she was a puppet figurehead which is all kinds of ironic since her job is puppetmaster.

I didn't care for Lilisette either. I can't explain why. She just irked me. Maybe she was too peppy? I donno. I wouldn't say I hate her, but I also don't miss her. That said she was the most awesome and useful NPC assistant for mission battles. You could literally just spam cure on her and win the battles. Miles away from what we get from Arciela.

Speaking of, she's probably in line with Aphmau as a "useless princess" type. They both have to deal with all the political crap that's dropped in their laps before they're even adults. She just wants everyone to be happy, but that's impossible, so she cries about it. I don't hate Arciela either but I think I like Lilisette more.

Oh, and no one really mentioned Lion. She was the most useless of mission girls. Was in like 3 CS. And for some reason people thought she was hot back in 04/05.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hitou View Post
    Oh, and no one really mentioned Lion. She was the most useless of mission girls. Was in like 3 CS. And for some reason people thought she was hot back in 04/05.
    This probably had something to do with her visual aspect, maybe? It was a fairly unique model compared to a lot of the copy/cut we used to get in that era?
    Dunno. The same happened with the other girl called Cornelia Karst but have we ever heard from her again aside from those couple of cutscenes she appears into, lol?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Adoulin is Anime To The Max. Just look at Ingrid.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I didn't care for Lilisette either. I can't explain why. She just irked me. Maybe she was too peppy? I donno. I wouldn't say I hate her, but I also don't miss her. That said she was the most awesome and useful NPC assistant for mission battles. You could literally just spam cure on her and win the battles. Miles away from what we get from Arciela.
    I wasn't watching Arciela that carefully, but it looked like she actually did have some pretty good moves.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    I wasn't watching Arciela that carefully, but it looked like she actually did have some pretty good moves.
    she actually can tank all dullahan & boss in the last mission fight with cures np if she can kill them in time is another question.

i like arciela, and liked lady lilith. shecwas the anti hero fighting for the future of her world at all costs.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    RUN with 3lux as a dd and a healer will mitgate all damage. hybrid set for Run maybe i barely took any triple didiz number damage.
    Can confirm that RUN + healer duo should be a cakewalk if the RUN is decently geared.

My RUN gear doesn't match Damane's (dat Ergon GS!), but I went in solo RUN/BLU (with WHMx2 BRD trusts) in my otherwise pretty good RUN hybrid set and JSE GS just to mess around. I ignored the Dullahans and went straight for the boss, got it under 50% before my dumb trusts died to AoE and Arciela ended up getting killed. If I had a competent healer it would have been an easy win.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I originally tried going as PLD/WAR (Ochain), along with BRD/RDM (+5 3-song) and SCH/RDM mules. Trusts died very quickly and the boss spams AoE attacks that seem to have a rather large radius. I didn't last too long and Arciela died which was instant loss.

Next time I went as RUN/BLU with decent tanking gear and 3x Lux as advised above. Boss couldn't damage damage me beyond low double-digits. Besides going as RUN, the biggest change in strategy I tried was not bothering with Trusts, and using Horde Lullaby on the 3 Dullahans. Arciela took one and kept it occupied while the other two slept for quite a while. I only had to reapply Lullaby once more. Since she only had one mob on her, Arciela lasted much longer and I only had to Cure 4 her twice.

Boss eventually quit and I probably could have gotten away with not curing Arciela at all.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

It sounds like you waited too long on the first run. Arciela doesn't have any AoE abilities, as far as I can tell, so as long as you aggro the mobs before she does, she'll only ever have a single Dullahan attacking her, which she can handle for quite a while.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I dual-boxed the fight as SAM + WHM. My plan was to kite the Dullahan on WHM while the SAM killed the boss but almost as soon as I started kiting the Dullahan seemed to lose interest in me. I just had the SAM kill off Dullahan on-by-one while the WHM Cure-Bombed her and Arcelia. It wasn't a long or particularly hard fight, though I will say that my first run as MNK + GEO wasn't nearly as successful due to my GEO not being able to keep up with healing against the 3 Dullahan and the AOEs.

If the expansion story really is wrapping up soon, I have to say this is probably one of the easier ones as I've dual-boxed all the fights. At times I almost miss those cruel Promyvion Climbs.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Since some people were saying they sound similar, here's Balamor's laugh compared to Kefka's.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

The matricidal dullahan or whatever will always target Arciella no matter what. The other 2 share hate with the Boss. So there's no point trying to kite them or whatever. As long as someone has hate on the boss the other 2 will leave her alone. She can solo the 1st dullahan easily and takes almost no damage from the boss but the other 2 dullahan will take her out pretty fast for whatever reason. The time I won we ended up having 5 people but I barely had to cure anyone and only tossed arciela one cure IV. RUN tank really does make this fight easy, RUN and BLU took out the boss before the other 2 players even finished the dullahans.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

1. Levil
    2. Castle Gates NPC
    3. W Adoulin waterfront - Sunrise Beacon (or something, the lighthouse)
    4. Mt. Kamihr
    5. Leafallia -> aged Stump. get 2 ki for battlefields.
    6. branches into 2 paths.

Cirdas k-11 - wavering flux for cs and then battlefield fight.
    KI for this one is sun yellow pome - probably needed for reentry. bc ends if tiger dies.

Yorcia h-6 wavering flux for cs then battlefield.
    KI is sea blue pome or something.

7. leafallia for CS.
    8. somewhere in ra'kaznar