Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

I have burned every tag possible since adoulin opened including having cancelled a few not knowing there was a glitch, so I have probably had some bonus ones. No mission progress pr further cutscene for me. I'm currently only ranked up with peacekeepers as I had previously been doing bits for all the coalitions

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

should note, i did my tags(guessing 50th+), talked to Brenton, no cs. Said screw it, went and got my watercrafting finally done, came back, talked to brenton, got cs at 21:00 windsday, I had left firesday or so.

Might want to add, a zone/next game day to the requirements, or it could have been the watercrafting I learned distinguished me(have logging, Watercrafting and Toxic resilience...Screw you Mining points, maybe need 3/5? tools of pioneering) O.o

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Perhaps it's a fame requirement in addition to the 50 tags used.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valenia Rah'zo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

For what its worth. I've completed the 3 Coalition Leaders quests (Scaredy-Cats, Vegetable Vegetable Revolution, and Raptor Rapture) and the required amount of Imprimaturs. I can't flag the mission at Brenton. I'm assuming its fame related as well as I haven't done a fair amount of the fetch quests and I haven't got Watercraft or Demolishing yet.

I had logging, demolishing, and toxin resilience, and did the three Coalition quests, couldn't get the mission with 52 tags. Got watercrafting, still couldn't flag it. Did another assignment for 55 tags used total, and was able to get it. Not sure if maybe people are adding wrong (went through Windower logs several time and I'm 100% certain it took me 55 tags), or there is something else that's affecting the number of tags needed.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

how many quest have you guys done?

i have done 36 out of the possible 42?

and im sure spira done nearly or maybe even all quests

that could be the diff in fame

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Has fame ever been a requirement for any main mission ever? That seems unlikely to me.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    Has fame ever been a requirement for any main mission ever? That seems unlikely to me.
    well.......... since when campaign battles and assault are requirement in main mission?

not saying assignments are a requirement for this one, we all arent sure yet but just saying SE may have thrown usual logic out of the window for adoulin

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I don't think Assaults or Campaign are really appropriate comparisons to the Assignment thing in Adoulin (you don't need to participate in a single Reive to burn 50 tags), and Brenton explicitly tells you to go do a bunch of assignments. Having to have used a number of tags makes some sense. Having to do a bunch of fetch quests that are effectively unrelated to the Colonization effort does not.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Is there a way to check how many you've done? I have totally not been keeping track at all.

edit: is there a cap on saved tags?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    I don't think Assaults or Campaign are really appropriate comparisons to the Assignment thing in Adoulin (you don't need to participate in a single Reive to burn 50 tags), and Brenton explicitly tells you to go do a bunch of assignments. Having to have used a number of tags makes some sense. Having to do a bunch of fetch quests that are effectively unrelated to the Colonization effort does not.
    assault and campaign ops are near the same for assignments

they r similar or even identical systems

Quote Originally Posted by Suteru View Post
    Is there a way to check how many you've done? I have totally not been keeping track at all.

edit: is there a cap on saved tags?

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Arthars View Post
    how many quest have you guys done?

i have done 36 out of the possible 42?

and im sure spira done nearly or maybe even all quests

that could be the diff in fame
    I'm 41/42. just left with Saffron one.
    fame lv3.

i doubt its fame related..
    also for what its worth, i've cleared an assignment in each coalition at least once, and was only probationer in Couriers. most of my tags are done 3 at a go.

i'm thinking it might be quest related, like with Scaredy-cats, especially since it's auto-flagged, which makes it a little suspicious, but we really don't know to be sure.

For those who believe you've got 50+ tags done, try talking to Dimmian as well? i read that Dimmian requires the same amount of tags done to start selling Naakual KIs.. so if both can't be flagged maybe a calculation error?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valenia Rah'zo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

After my last post, I gained a new tag and made a run to Morimar to do a 1 point Scout mission since I had just hit disciple...and probably not even connected to anything also completed the Rime Ice quest putting total at 27/42. Did LS events and just came back and got the CS...so it may in fact have been I hadn't done enough tags yet. Also, I have not completed a single quest for Inventor's but I've done at least 1 for the other coalitions.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

My friend can trigger the next cutscene and has done as many coalition missions as I have, we do them daily and both had adoulin since the start, the only difference between what he has completed and what I have complete, is he has more quests completed than I do, so.. am working to complete town quests in hopes that it will let me progress in the story, I have Scardy Cats done, and am working to finish Don't Leaf Me Alone, I'm hoping that if I do the quests that are available in the coalitions that I'll get access to the next cutscene.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

So having now finished all of the missions (All I did was complete another assignment, but I do have a bunch of quests completed) does anyone else feel the cutscene ended rather abruptly...? Like I wasn't expecting closure, but seriously it doesn't even set you up like Aht Urghan like "go and work off your debt to Naja as a mercenary you scumbag"

Edit: Potentially unrelated, but the coalition assignment I completed also ranked me up to Peacekeeper Disciple. It was only one tag, but unfortunately I have no way of knowing how many tags I've done since I had a run of accidentally failing those supply assignments by using waypoints >_>

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

As some others have said, it's not just 50 imprimaturs of assignments completed, although this is certainly one aspect of it. There's something else to it. I currently do not have access, so I'm using myself as a test subject to try to figure out what it is. My fame was low and my quest completions were low, so that was likely it.

At any rate, I have 52~53 imprimaturs completed and just moved from rank 2 to rank 3 fame, but I still do NOT have access to the next mission. It is NOT tied to fame rank as I know others who are on fame rank 3 and do have access.

I'm thinking it may potentially be tied to the coalition-related quests as others have suspected, so I will see if that is the case. For those of you who have moved on in the missions, were there any coalition-related quests that you did NOT complete? I'm talking about cutscene/story-heavy quests and thinking specifically of "Raptor Rapture," "Vegetable Vegetable Revolution," and "Scaredy-Cats." I'm completing quests one-by-one, checking fame NPC, Dimmian, and Brenton after each completion. I'll report in once I complete those three (only did Scaredy-Cats so far, so it's not just Scaredy-Cats).

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

So we're assuming it has to do with 50 imprimaturs completed with a minimum of 1 for each Coalition.

I've done most of the quests so far and have 32 imprimaturs completed with only the Scout's Coalition. I'll continue on that route, complete the rest of the quests, and give my findings at 55~55 Scout's-only.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Retsujo View Post
    So we're assuming it has to do with 50 imprimaturs completed with a minimum of 1 for each Coalition.
    That's not it, quests are definitely involved, although it's not specifically fame-related (see above for reasoning). I have 52~53 done with at least one completed from each coalition.

For people who DO have access, can you confirm whether or not you've completed the following quests (as they seem coalition related)? Specifically, knowing if you do NOT have some of them completed will be helpful in narrowing it down.

Scaredy-Cats
    Raptor Rapture
    Keep Your Bloomers On, Erisa
    Vegetable Vegetable Revolution
    No Laughing Matter

I've already confirmed from someone with access that "Don't Ever Leaf Me" is not required (he didn't complete it).

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valenia Rah'zo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

Quote Originally Posted by Slycer View Post
    Scaredy-Cats
    Raptor Rapture
    No Laughing Matter.
    Did not complete Keep Your Bloomers On, Erisa, I did do the other 4

Quote Originally Posted by Slycer View Post
    That's not it, quests are definitely involved, although it's not specifically fame-related (see above for reasoning). I have 52~53 done with at least one completed from each coalition.

For people who DO have access, can you confirm whether or not you've completed the following quests (as they seem coalition related)? Specifically, knowing if you do NOT have some of them completed will be helpful in narrowing it down.

Scaredy-Cats
    Raptor Rapture
    No Laughing Matter

I've already confirmed from someone with access that "Don't Ever Leaf Me" is not required (he didn't complete it).
    I have all five of those completed -- but again, I was not able to get the mission after 52 tags (5 in Pioneer, 1 in Scout, 46 in Peacekeeper--accidentally counted two Peacekeepers as two Pioneers earlier after I checked logs again). I got it after putting 3 tags into another Peacekeeper assignment, with no new quests in between checking.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast