BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sakura Ephemera
    FFXIV Server
    Brynhildr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Pet jobs can attack root without getting aggro from helper mobs.

In the last 4 hours on Slyph, Reives have turned into nothing but a bunch of bst and smn burning down the root/nest.
    Well that's lame. I assume the rewards would suck though, if the formula they posted on the official forum is any indication.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Hate to be that guy but at what level do you have to be to get xp in revive flashbacks to peeps spamming brd songs and smn ward bp lol

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Well, I went and tried more on WHM.

At least I have a little Bayld coming in now, but it's still way too easy to lose tags if you don't want to be right next to the DDs. I'm also dying a lot, still, but maybe that because I'm not decked out in Abyssea/other endgame ubergear like everyone else, and I have to frontline heal (ride Afflatus Misery for Curas if I get invited to a Rieve party, and stand next to the DDs to not lose tags.) And I've gotten a few tells from people that I lack to gear/skill to do this content because I am dying a lot.

Thing is' I've got some good accesories and stuff, and I built Arka IV, but it's really a big deal my Orison pieces are +1 rather than +2, and some slots I've used some AH alternative gear rather than NM drops or other items. As for the +2 upgrades, oh let me just shout for Itz or Sobek, it's certainly going to be easy to convince people to go back to obsolete content, especially after I say KIs will need to be farmed.

To be fair, though, I'm still really new to this game, and it could be just "lack of healing experience" which is fair, but I haven't really gotten a chance to really learn, since I started playing in the Voidwatch era, and book burned/abyssea'd to 99, and had to learn what I do know by doing what of Aby I have.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Why the hell do they even put the marble in other reward things then if you can't use it, is it used for a synth or something else?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Garris View Post
    Well, I went and tried more on WHM.

At least I have a little Bayld coming in now, but it's still way too easy to lose tags if you don't want to be right next to the DDs. I'm also dying a lot, still, but maybe that because I'm not decked out in Abyssea/other endgame ubergear like everyone else, and I have to frontline heal (ride Afflatus Misery for Curas if I get invited to a Rieve party, and stand next to the DDs to not lose tags.) And I've gotten a few tells from people that I lack to gear/skill to do this content because I am dying a lot.

Thing is' I've got some good accesories and stuff, and I built Arka IV, but it's really a big deal my Orison pieces are +1 rather than +2, and some slots I've used some AH alternative gear rather than NM drops or other items. As for the +2 upgrades, oh let me just shout for Itz or Sobek, it's certainly going to be easy to convince people to go back to obsolete content, especially after I say KIs will need to be farmed.

To be fair, though, I'm still really new to this game, and it could be just "lack of healing experience" which is fair, but I haven't really gotten a chance to really learn, since I started playing in the Voidwatch era, and book burned/abyssea'd to 99, and had to learn what I do know by doing what of Aby I have.
    Dude it's not you the system is dumb.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynplaine View Post
    Why the hell do they even put the marble in other reward things then if you can't use it, is it used for a synth or something else?
    It's used for synthesis too, yes.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    Just for fun: Knotted Roots are treated as Plantoids.
    So do they intimidate beast-type pets then? Because that would be... really something... if something that can't even move will intimidate a freaking sabertooth tiger. "Bad kitty! No biscuit!"

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

I've seen a nazuna getting intimidated so yes.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by Helel View Post
    Well that's lame. I assume the rewards would suck though, if the formula they posted on the official forum is any indication.
    I was curious so I just switched to BST. Getting 100 bayld per tally and I'm doing nothing but watching falcorr hit the roots.

The saddest part is that's more bayld than I've been getting on SCH while duoing reives.

EDIT: New reive, getting no points now. I'm confused.

0 bayld, 15 bayld, 53 bayld. More people were hitting the roots for the third tally... could there be a multiplier based on people participating?

4th tally: 217. A lot of people were dead by the 4th tally so maybe it just builds up. I have no idea.

5th tally: 157.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Has anyone done "Survey: Ceizak Battlegrounds" ?

Scouts' Coalition quest, keep getting the message I was an utter failure. And then something about time of day and distance.

Anyone?

edit: and 5 minutes later...

At the Ergon Locus at K-10 in Ceizak Battlegrounds, east of the Locus, 1.7 away based on distance, and after the day clicked over to 08:00 I succeed. Mule succeeded from same position at 9:27.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Reive monsters are probably sound/sight aggro regardless of family. I've only checked the spiders, but I got killed with only sneak on. They also seem to have party hate, I'll doublecheck this later but I'm almost sure.

There's definitely some sort of multiplier based on either the number of people participating, or the total damage the roots have taken. Solo reive with only falcorr attacking the fort gave me 14, 14, 15, 18, 19, compared to the one I posted above where the points quickly climbed up past 100.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Toxin Resilience is granted from https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/The_Whole_Place_Is_Abuzz

easy quest, starts at Biv#03 in Yahtzee (NW of H-10). talk to Rumin-Flumin, follow the path to the dead end (bees dont aggro). examine the Pollinating Swarm, heal, get up when it says you got 10 bees, examine the Swarm again, return your KI to Ndah Tolohjin outside the scouts coalition.

also rewards 500 bayld

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Anyone found out where Ghastly Stones come from yet? Inventor's npc wants them to augment armor

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Fought an Epigean Leafkin solo, got owned. Used some TP move that gave it a MAB boost and a powerful ass Enlight. When I died it depopped, despite not having pulled it outside where I found it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Has anyone done "Survey: Ceizak Battlegrounds" ?

Scouts' Coalition quest, keep getting the message I was an utter failure. And then something about time of day and distance.

Anyone?

edit: and 5 minutes later...

At the Ergon Locus at K-10 in Ceizak Battlegrounds, east of the Locus, 1.7 away based on distance, and after the day clicked over to 08:00 I succeed. Mule succeeded from same position at 9:27.
    I just succeeded at 20:00 from 3.0 away.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Figured I'd try lair reives:

Charmed a T enemy, used familiar and sent it to the lair. Looks like it'll take around 20-25min to go down. I don't really have much pet gear, so I'm sure you could make it go faster if you had all the pet haste gear.

Only getting 10-15 points per tally so this is really not that useful, but at least you can use this to complete assignments solo.

Still, I'm expecting pets to aggro like in campaign in the next patch.

EDIT: 1 pet on lair = 10-15 bayld per tally. 2 pets = 20-25.

EDIT2: Doing another lair. People joined halfway and they're attacking enemies... my bayld remains constant (20-24). I guess attacking enemies doesn't do anything.
    EDIT3: 29-35 per tally with 3 pets on the lair. Back to 20-24 after the third BST got aggro and sent his pet to attack a bee.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Seems as mentioned before in this thread, Peacekeeper Coalition unlocks weapons and body/hat armor. Thing is, everyone seems to be doing Pioneering but the rank has yet to rise on Lakshmi at all. All of the coalitions are still at zero.

So if people start doing Peacekeeper Coalitions:
    Voting for the Flag helps to unlock weapons
    Voting for the Signboard helps to unlock Body/Head for armor

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

but the rank has yet to rise on Lakshmi at all. All of the coalitions are still at zero.
    I believe this changes at jp midnight on sundays like conquest

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Gippo View Post
    I believe this changes at jp midnight on sundays like conquest
    I believe it's calculated hourly

Edification Rank
    The edification rank represents the extent to which the coalition has advanced.
    This rank is calculated every hour (Earth time), and may rise, fall, or stay the same depending on player actions.
    Or maybe it tallies the rank hourly but won't update the rank until conquest update?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by TummieGaruda View Post
    I believe it's calculated hourly

Or maybe it tallies the rank hourly but won't update the rank until conquest update?
    Either way we're spamming coalitions on our server and doing the quests a lot but the one npc is saying "at this rate our rank won't change next update" in all 6 guilds.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 156 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast