Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 152 of 156 FirstFirst ... 102 142 150 151 152 153 154 ... LastLast

Thread: Colonization Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Capes drop in Ra'Kaznar reives, I've even had 2 capes drop from 1 reive:

As far as getting Skirmish parts, it's totally random. I've had 3 accounts autoattacking the colo Ra'Ka reives from 100-0, there are times where the area is heavily populated and the reive lasts under 3 minutes and I end up with a Ra'Ka III-V head on two of the three accounts, and other times where I'm the only one there, spend ~10+ minutes on the reive and end up with a bunch of iron ore, pebbles, and the occasional Legs/Torso I. From spending the last week or so down there, I think the only criteria is to have enough of a reive score to get a drop pool.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by CoreyX View Post
    So is there a "trick" to getting higher tier skirmish parts to drop in reives? I've done over 100 Colonization reives in Outer Ra'Kaznar, half of them completely alone soloing the walls, half of them with random people. I've tried everything from only killing the monsters, only attacking the walls, doing both, doing different reive score things (healing/damage/enfeebling/magic damage/etc.), and I've yet to to see anything higher than a Tier 2 Ra'kaznar head drop. I always get 2-3 items, but they're generally junk, best I've ever gotten is a tier 3 legs like once. Also, do capes even drop in Ra'Kaznar? Still haven't gotten a single one, though I do have half of the capes already so it could be rolling the same cape.
    It seems totally random, I've been in Morimar (blm) with my alt (sch) doing reives, ~250 xp per tally to ~160, main getting all "killshots" on boulders (not touching any other mob). Main ends up with a meteorite, alt ra'ka head IV, some seeds and flint stone. Junk for 2 reives more then, junk on main, head IV and peeble on alt.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by CoreyX View Post
    So is there a "trick" to getting higher tier skirmish parts to drop in reives? I've done over 100 Colonization reives in Outer Ra'Kaznar, half of them completely alone soloing the walls, half of them with random people. I've tried everything from only killing the monsters, only attacking the walls, doing both, doing different reive score things (healing/damage/enfeebling/magic damage/etc.), and I've yet to to see anything higher than a Tier 2 Ra'kaznar head drop. I always get 2-3 items, but they're generally junk, best I've ever gotten is a tier 3 legs like once. Also, do capes even drop in Ra'Kaznar? Still haven't gotten a single one, though I do have half of the capes already so it could be rolling the same cape.
    The trick is luck. I've pet triboxed many a reives and there seems to be no rhyme or reason when it comes to the quality of rewards. High participation main character getting rewards on average as good as the mule that barely does enough to get credit

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Finally caught up on coalitions! Now im legend on all and i have completed all asignments too! Now to wait for the awesome reward to be released and laugh at everyone that laughed at me for wasting my time.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Probably 100k Bayld and a Tojil statue

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Miss RQT..

Was double checking my completed tasks in prep for the next update, and noticed I never finished Patrol: Outer Ra'kaznar for the Ironclads. Checked ffxidb, but I guess their mapping feature isn't working anymore for pops. Anyone know where they're at inside? <pos> and floor would be sufficient, got that old map saved somewhere with the routes to get around.

Campaign
    BG Level

In the floor below, in the corner rooms I think?
    Try using the thread-Search function, if I'm not wrong I asked this same question right in this thread some time ago.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Definitely bottom floor the ones I did for that were in the lower left hand side but really not that big a zone so easy to run thru and find

Picked up ivory wing talisman, silver mattock cordon, silver shovel cordon KIs in the library after the update.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by errantfish View Post
    Picked up ivory wing talisman, silver mattock cordon, silver shovel cordon KIs in the library after the update.
    i got the 2. ivory wing talisman too, but no silver mattcok cordon or any silver KIs. are those olde or new KIs?

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    i got the 2. ivory wing talisman too, but no silver mattcok cordon or any silver KIs. are those olde or new KIs?
    I had all the old KIs. These are new. And should presumably allow me to carry another imprimatur and lower the generation time again.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I had all the old KIs. These are new. And should presumably allow me to carry another imprimatur and lower the generation time again.
    i need to check the adoulin quest list and see if I mist some or so.

There's apparently a major error that slipped past the testers. I've ranked up already in two different coalitions and the civil registrar's text when I ask him what my rank is is "Courier !" or "Scout !". Anyway, no new tasks for either of those ranks yet.

Campaign
    BG Level

You've ranked up? Wait what? So Legend isn't the last rank anymore? Thought they were adding new ranks for coalitions, not for players' ranks as well

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Any new asigmnments in old areas?

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    Same here, got a 2nd Ivory Wing Talisman but nothing else.
    Depsite being Legend with all the old coalition done, I didn't do the new ones (or most of the new ones) and I think I'm missing a couple of quests too

Is there an updated Quests and Assignments tracker?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I have all the coalition assignments done(minus the provide) and I didn't get any of the new KIs.

For what it's worth, I went to the Library right after the update, so, whatever I did to get the KIs wasn't anything added this update.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Same here, got a 2nd Ivory Wing Talisman but nothing else.
    Depsite being Legend with all the old coalition done, I didn't do the new ones (or most of the new ones) and I think I'm missing a couple of quests too

Is there an updated Quests and Assignments tracker?
    I've been working on an assignments tab on my quest tracker. It's a google doc I shared a while back. Just search it. It's missing today's stuff.

Campaign
    BG Level

For what it's worth, I went to the Library right after the update, so, whatever I did to get the KIs wasn't anything added this update.
    Didn't the dialogue with the chick say something like "for your progress with XXXXX here's your new KI" or something like that?
    I'm pretty curious what you could've done that I haven't.

I'm missing Cirdas Skirmish Title, but have done pretty much everything else, aside what I mentioned above.