BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Tymon View Post
    They are not hard to acquire if they're guaranteed drops from doing Skirmish, obviously.

If the augments are hard to get, and harder to get the right ones, then we have something that takes LUCK.
    Fixed for accuracy. Luck != difficulty, or effort and sadly, VW and augment took this route

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Thank you for the Soul Pyre screenshot proof (although I've seen one myself, still)

Anyone got any other SS proof?
    I mean, I've heard they can be obtained through harvesting etc, assighments, direct drops but I'm abit skepticle on those, as I've done so much of them.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Someone posted their pic for proof here.
    http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/115...=1#post5664015

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kenrusai View Post
    Thank you for the Soul Pyre screenshot proof (although I've seen one myself, still)

I mean, I've heard they can be obtained through harvesting etc, assighments, direct drops but I'm abit skepticle on those, as I've done so much of them.
    they can be harvested/mined etc. you can find proof SS in this topic (like the 3. last post on the first page): http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/115...-Adoulin-Areas
    They can also be gotten from reives, we did a reive run as an LS 2 days ago in morimar to get those pieces, 2 hours of reives neted us 1 piece of skirmish (head body or leg), mind you we were like 27 people just doing reives for 2 hours and only 1 person got one piece from a reive.

They are just very rare to come by and I hope they address that.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Is it completely random or might certain peices come from different events? Or at least more likely?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by Kenrusai View Post

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Is it completely random or might certain peices come from different events? Or at least more likely?
    There is too little pieces and reports around to truly make out a pattern yet. But if you want to farm skirmish as an LS reives would be the best choice (if all LS members are honest about their drops).

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Faithful legs 1 from a soul pyre off of disturbed matamata in moh gates right at zone to morimar just a min ago

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I got a piece directly off of a Craklaw in a Foret Colonization Reive. It just appeared in the loot pool after killing it.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

When our LS did Umbril farming and popped one from the Soul Pyre it appeared in the treasure pool. When we did a reive it appeared in the pool as well afterwards. So anyone could lot them. I'm holding all sets right now but we still ain't got no legs. XD

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    I got a piece directly off of a Craklaw in a Foret Colonization Reive. It just appeared in the loot pool after killing it.
    This is good news to me, fuck soul pyres.

So, what does it actually look like in there in terms of the event? is is it 6 man only or alliance? What is the objective when you get in there? just CC lots of mobs before killing and wander around or are there bosses you need to pop or whatever. The info on what actually happens is so vague.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

It's a 3 - 6 man event. I doubt if any NA have gone in to do it because the NA I know with Visages to enter just bazaar them for as much gil as they want to hope its worth.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Wondering if monsters in Foret and Morimar just have a chance to drop them, then, but the "easier" zones do not. Will have to investigate.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    It's a 3 - 6 man event. I doubt if any NA have gone in to do it because the NA I know with Visages to enter just bazaar them for as much gil as they want to hope its worth.
    Yeah just saw a shout trying to sell lvl 3 feet for 20M...

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Came out to Foret on SCH, tried to farm Lair Rieve solo for pieces. Fairly squishy mobs, although my nuke set is pretty good. They sleep easy, repop fast, and the small crabs are aspirable, naturally. Anyway killed quite alot with no drop.

Wondering if it only drops off the single Craklaw, or the lair has to be damaged
    simultaneously to get access to them dropping (possibly to prevent solo'ist coming in and just spam killing mobs for them?) or both.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Once again SE doesn't understand fun endgame events... IMO.

Anyone ever skirmish in ffxiv? Event was quick, easy, decent drops (could have been better, but game was dead by then anyway). Thing was, you didn't need some ridiculous drop rate item set just to enter. See I haven't even attempted the event but things I know
    1. Need certain items to enter, which, so far, seem random and ultra rare.
    2. Drops are random, like 90% of all FFXI loot pools
    3. Items are garbage, unless you then spend further (points, bayld, ???) to get a random augment that has probably a minuscule chance of competing in today's endgame weapon market.

Like... If they could take the once a day dynamis/meeble token system, with the garunteed loot of salvage v2, with a new type of currency that's bazaar able, with a meeble s token system for acquiring gear... I dunno,... /shrug

It's like the poor dev's get a single thing right for any given event and then fucking screw the pooch regarding 5 other things about the sand event.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I don't see how the loot could be considered garbage.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

I don't think we have enough information to write off the event entirely yet. The simulacrum issue is obvious, yes, but I recall thinking Abyssea was the swan song of FFXI. The absolute worst thing ever--a zone you could be in for a fixed amount of time that was public? These monsters give awful exp! One 30-min entry every 24 hours? It'll take years before you can even pop the zone boss! etc

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    I don't think we have enough information to write off the event entirely yet. The simulacrum issue is obvious, yes, but I recall thinking Abyssea was the swan song of FFXI. The absolute worst thing ever--a zone you could be in for a fixed amount of time that was public? These monsters give awful exp! One 30-min entry every 24 hours? It'll take years before you can even pop the zone boss! etc
    Pretty much this. It wouldn't be the first time when something seemed really horrible at first and then people figured all the quirks and perks behind it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast