Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So tested a theory of mine today and it seems to pan out. The Sky god you get seems to depend on which eudaemon you use and I wouldn't be surprised if it was something based on their jobs. Like for example did 3 Sashes today which is for orb ie pet stuff and it was kirin each of those times (as well as a couple I remember in the past)

Campaign
    BG Level

Wasn't the list of Eudaemon ==> Shijin already posted many pages ago?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Wasn't the list of Eudaemon ==> Shijin already posted many pages ago?
    No idea I didn't see it if it was lol

Campaign
    BG Level

THIS
    There was a more detailed one somewhere but I think it was on a thread on FFXIAH.

I'm not buying, yet, the "sash affects type of stone dropped" tho.
    I think Leaf is common and Dusk rare in all of Yorcia no matter what kind of sash you use.

Wonder what other uses does the eudaemon stuff affect in Yorcia though. In Rala/Cirdas the influence was quite massive, but here I can't seem to find anything other than the Shijin.
    Maybe armour affinity? Each eudaemon part has affinity with some armour types, making a certain one more likely to drop than others?
    I don't have enough samples to say that, but it could be very much that I suppose.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    I'm not buying, yet, the "sash affects type of stone dropped" tho.
    I think Leaf is common and Dusk rare in all of Yorcia no matter what kind of sash you use.
    It never was supposed to effect leaf to dusk... from the update notes

"Eudaemon Sword
    Personal treasure coffers are more likely to drop –slit stones.

•Eudaemon Cape / Eudaemon Ring
    Personal treasure coffers are more likely to drop –dim stones.

•Eudaemon Sash
    Personal treasure coffers are more likely to drop –orb stones.

•Eudaemon Shield
    Personal treasure coffers are more likely to drop –tip stones."

And yes it works though not 100% (though it usually is very highly biased). Note this is probably why you see such a huge difference in prices between the Eudaemon items.

As far as armors go I can say if it does it's a lot more complicated than sets. Maybe slots idk I wasn't checking for slots

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Interesting note: On Torso V runs where boss pops, the event keeps going without any increase to treasure after floor 7ish. If the boss doesn't pop, then the event ends normally with the message around floor 7ish. We managed to make it to floor 13 and nothing happened except for more and more mobs per wave, but no extra loot slots for clearing addition floors past 7ish. For reference, we were getting 650 puissance/kill on the last floor we cleared.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Yeah, we had that happen to us the other night too.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

It's not only Torso V is it? Just in general when you get the Boss you can keep going. It made sense in Alluvion I since you were still able to get some stones and weapons from NMs. But here the coffer is just capped at 10 and you only risk failing.

Campaign
    BG Level

It used to be the same (if you get boss on T5 then infinite floors) on Rala/Cirdas too.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Like I said it's not only Torso V - any time you meet megaboss you open up infinite floors even on a 111 in theory.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Can you still cap out at 10 loot slots if you see Balamor on a 1/1/1 run or does it cap it at whatever the Torso you used was. If you can get 10 loot slots using Torso I, how common is it to see Balamor, because he has a 80%~ chance to pop using Torso V.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Sylph pops up to 700-800 during JP time and generally picks up on the weekends, but 500 during NA primetime is pretty spot on. I personally hate to join pick-up groups or shout for members since 1) I have enough friends (or friends of friends) that I can just ask around and 2) I'm reluctant to let anyone else lead groups, specifically if they're likely to tell me that job X won't work.

edit: looks like I was reading the wrong page again, whoops. Sorry to disrupt the actual thread discussion.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by EjinCaitsith View Post
    he has a 80%~ chance to pop using Torso V.
    I take this back. Since the update last night, we went from what seemed like seeing him every run on 5/5/4 sets to not seeing him even once in 6 runs using the same parts.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by EjinCaitsith View Post
    Can you still cap out at 10 loot slots if you see Balamor on a 1/1/1 run or does it cap it at whatever the Torso you used was.
    I don't think it's possible to test if it'd cap at 10 on anything short of T3, maybe T2 with some luck/hax. Never experienced a cap though except for 10 on IV and V.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

proposing a theory on eudaemon item and armor drops
    did a 3 sash and 2 blades. on every sash pop, the first armor that dropped was helios gloves. after that was random of different sets and pieces.
    both blades dropped an acro piece for first armor drop.

so i think eudaemon affects at least the first drop
    blade - acro
    shield - yorium
    sash - helios
    cape and ring dunno

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Does anyone know how coffers rank up?

We've observed:
    1) You really need coffers to rank up or you get shit drops (apart from wings, which appear to come from low tier coffers)
    2) You can rank up multiple times on one floor (we've gone from 1 to 3 stars).

I'm beginning to wonder if we aren't fulfilling hidden conditions in order to get our coffers to upgrade. For instance, they could be something like:
    Code:
    * Make Lorissa run away
    * Defeat the Stronghold with your Marchland at 100% HP
    * Break 10,000 points
    * Summon all monsters at once
    * Receive every Noetic Ascension buff
    * Examine 50 Noetic Ascensions

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    1. Make Lorissa run away
    2. Defeat the Stronghold with your Marchland at 100% HP
    3. Break 10,000 points
    4. Summon all monsters at once
    5. Receive every Noetic Ascension buff
    6. Examine 50 Noetic Ascensions
    Unless you want to hypothize a model where fulfilling one or more of these secret conditions gives a chance of rank-up (i.e. not 100%), I can exclude several of those conditions.
    Namely: 1), 3), 4). Fulfilled those many many times on T1, T2 and T3 runs, and they never caused a rank up.

Sending Lorissa away you mean "defeating" her? I.e. letting her warp at 1%?
    And the 50 ascensions sounds lame, it would mean being unable to rankup on T2 and T1, arguably T3 too, because I doubt you can see that many ascensions there.

I'd love if there were conditions to fulfill to rank up but I'm leaning to think it's just a random thing, arguably dependant on head tier. Just like it's random to get Pink Acuexes, Balamor floors or Lorissa to pop.
    Yet, at least for Balamor, there clearly seems to be a connection between appearance rate and faithful parts tier.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

She always warps out you can't beat her

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Does anyone know how coffers rank up?

We've observed:
    1) You really need coffers to rank up or you get shit drops (apart from wings, which appear to come from low tier coffers)
    2) You can rank up multiple times on one floor (we've gone from 1 to 3 stars).

I'm beginning to wonder if we aren't fulfilling hidden conditions in order to get our coffers to upgrade. For instance, they could be something like:
    Code:
    * Make Lorissa run away
    * Defeat the Stronghold with your Marchland at 100% HP
    * Break 10,000 points
    * Summon all monsters at once
    * Receive every Noetic Ascension buff
    * Examine 50 Noetic Ascensions
    you ever keep track of how fast you clear floors? For example if we'd rush the first few floors with a free shijin, it seemed to increase the chance of boss floors loading, makes me wonder if "getting through x number of floors before y minutes have passed" is a thing.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

After doing old yorcia skirmish and getting very random chest level ups, I can say there probably ARE variables in runs that influence your level ups BUT:

Fulfilling hidden conditions only has a CHANCE at a level up, which makes it very very hard to test since you might frequently hit a condition and just get unlucky repeatedly and not level up.

Second; they're probably some Absolute Virtue bullshit.

I'm going to say for sure there are two conditions that increase chance of level up:

#1: Speed. Speed runs tend to get lots of level ups.

#2: Finishing floors with the base still at 100% hp also frequently gets me a level up.

Havent seen level ups after beating lorissa often, have seen level ups on clearing boss floor a few times though. /shrug