+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 110 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level

Oh, you mean like

Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    The only hope for finding a place without one would be like national parks and shit, just wide open places where there's no people...
    ? You're right, my logic is as sound as ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadritan View Post
    And what do you mean by NYC's land exactly? Your maf is off.
    The area that's, you know, actually on land.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by RKenshin View Post
    Strawman, you're arguing against one.

I never said that not seeing one publicly = not possible to have one privately.

I'm just pointing out the ridiculousness of stating something as a matter of fact, when it both cannot be proven, and cannot be dis-proven.

Search a 10-mile radius, find a flag? Point proven.
    Search a 10-mile radius, don't find a flag? It was hidden in the house/hidden as a tattoo on someone's left ass-cheek, and your point is still proven.
    That's not a strawman in any sense of the word.

It's the simple fact that your argument is "I didn't see it publicly, so it's not there."

The only reason anyone is failing to grasp this at all is that it's me pointing it out, so you desperately have to find some way to make you right and me wrong.

Ridill
    BG Level

For it to be a straw man, you would have had to make some kind of point with this:

wut?

Driving somewhere around 100,000 miles exclusively in RI/MA, I have never once seen a confederate flag displayed anywhere in public.

This includes a 1-year stint at a job that required me driving to 3-5 random RI addresses a day, 3 days a week.

Anecdotal, sure, whatever, but I still can't honestly believe its anywhere near as frequent as you seem to think it is.

That didn't state exactly what you're now trying to say it didn't.

They're extremely common. The fact that you don't see them publicly much anymore does not change that.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

The only reason anyone is failing to grasp this at all is that it's me pointing it out, so you desperately have to find some way to make you right and me wrong.
    except you are clearly wrong

so

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Blubbartron View Post
    I used to live in a seriously ghetto area outside Madison, WI
    Where at?

I'm from Madison.

Ridill
    BG Level

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?&_nkw...+flag&_sacat=0

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?&_nkw...puter&_sacat=0

confederate flag: 28,693 active listings

desktop computer: 68,501 active listings

BG Level

Can't stop getting plowed, won't stop getting plowed.

BG Level

What makes this this most ridiculous is that the original Confederate flag post was
    Basically, if you don't see projects or confederate flags in a 10 mile radius
    and plow's ranting on about how there's flags everywhere even if you don't see them as if that's in the least bit relevant to what he said

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    Where at?

I'm from Madison.
    Used to live in Fitchburg, on Fish Hatchery. Moved to Verona a little over a year ago. Much nicer area.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Blubbartron View Post
    Used to live in Fitchburg, on Fish Hatchery. Moved to Verona a little over a year ago. Much nicer area.
    Yeah Fish Hatchery can be a little sketch, but moreso north of the highway on the madison side, no? I mean, Fitchburg has had around 1.5 murders per 100k people per year, which is insanely low. I actually worked for Fitchburg's public access station like a decade ago lol. I grew up on the far northside, worst we had was like, Vera Court.

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    Yeah Fish Hatchery can be a little sketch, but moreso north of the highway on the madison side, no? I mean, Fitchburg has had around 1.5 murders per 100k people per year, which is insanely low. I actually worked for Fitchburg's public access station like a decade ago lol. I grew up on the far northside, worst we had was like, Vera Court.
    Probably worse on the north side, but the south side was pretty bad, too. There was a month where I couldn't go more than a few days without seeing cops in the parking lot of our apartment complex. One morning I was greeted by the sight of EIGHT cruisers blocking traffic in/out. In terms of heinous crime, yeah, it was still a lot better than many places in America.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I apologise for the stupid statement I made a few pages back. Didn't know it'd (indirectly) trigger so much plowing, but still, shouldn't have made it.
    Especially since only homicide rates agree with my claim; not overal violent crime (then again, most EU countries consider armed robbery violent crime, whereas the US does not, leading to lower reported violent crime rates - pure numbers game, The Wire style).

I still can't honestly believe its anywhere near as frequent as you seem to think it is.
    It's the simple fact that your argument is "I didn't see it publicly, so it's not there."
    I never said that not seeing one publicly = not possible to have one privately.
    The fact that you think not seeing confederate flags around flying publicly means there aren't any around is astounding.
    That's not a strawman in any sense of the word.
    My argument: I have never see them in my area, so I don't think they're that frequent in my area.

Your argument: You have never see them in your area, so you don't think they exist in your area.

Strawman:
    A straw man or straw person, also known in the UK as an Aunt Sally,[1][2] is a type of argument and is an informal fallacy based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position.

The other part you seem to be missing here, is that my argument is based on the assumption that the frequency of seeing them publicly is tied at some meaningful rate, statistically, to the total number of people that have them.

And well, when it comes to something people tend to be as passionate about as their religion, political affiliation, etc, yeah I don't think I'm drawing from anything out of line on that.

But hey, whatever, this argument is pointless anyway because none if it is backed by fact.

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

? You're right, my logic is as sound as ever.
    Gold.

The area that's, you know, actually on land.
    Mafs steel naught rite

Ridill
    BG Level

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_City

• Land 302.6 sq mi

I'm gonna go ahead and let you figure out the area of a circle with a 10 mile radius. It's a toughie.

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Why would you exclude water? People do live on boats.

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_City

• Land 302.6 sq mi

I'm gonna go ahead and let you figure out the area of a circle with a 10 mile radius. It's a toughie.
    I don't think radius in the context you used it before means the same thing as the radius of a circle.

BG Level

This thread has become "Silly Shit Plow says".

If you stopped to actually learn something you might not post these uninformed posts.
    BG Level

http://images.encyclopediadramatica....0/Macvspc2.jpg
    all you hipsters need to buy more apple products to go with your circlejerk parties.

also:
    http://images.encyclopediadramatica....ral_bigots.jpg

When "other views" consist of gems like "If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways of shutting that whole thing down." and "If it’s inevitable, just relax and enjoy it." .... I'm more inclined to agree with their response.

I also find irony in accusing the progressive party of not wanting to hear/try/discuss new or different things.

But hey, it's a political zinger/talking point, it doesn't have to make any sense... right?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 110 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag