+ Reply to Thread
    The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Anyone have RP backstories for their characters?

Found a thread on the forums about making your character's backstory so I decided to try it. I like how it turned out so I figured I might actually write more on this, or write backstories for some of my alts.

Anyway, this is the story of my main, Aksannyi. Undead S Priest.
    Spoiler: show
    I was born to a family of tailors who lived on the outskirts of Lordaeron. My parents spent most of her days outfitting the impoverished, charging less gold than many other tailors, thus leaving us only a modest income upon which to survive. Still, I never wanted for anything and I spent my days giving thanks to the Light for all of the blessings upon us in this life.

At the age of twenty, I met and fell in love with a man named Neblim, a spry rogue whose "bad-boy" air attracted me and kept me excited. With hardly any courtship, he and I were married and we moved to Brill - not so far from the great city, but far enough to etch out a life of our own. I continued to thank the Light for all of the good we shared and prayed for goodness to follow us in our lives.

I continued to work as a tailor for my parents' shop, while Neblim made a living picking pockets and selling what gems he found, often after crafting them into enticing baubles. There was always the fear that he might get caught, but the fear was marginal - after all, Neblim was sneaky and very good at stealth tactics.

It wasn't long before I was pregnant with our first child, and Lallin, a bright boy with the deepest brown eyes was born in midsummer. I still remember how Neblim lit a flame in our young son's honor, dancing around, throwing torches in the air, and celebrating the occasion. Midsummer had forever changed to a celebration of Lallin in our family. I was overcome with joy, as was Neblim. Soon after the birth of Lallin, I found myself pregnant again, and my second child, another boy we would name Evnan, was born just after the start of the newest year. Our family continued to grow and we continued to work to support it - Neblim leaving the house daily in search of wealth, and I would take the children to my parents' mill where I would work and tend to the boys.

We lived in relative peace for a few years after that, carrying on with our comfortable lives. I still prayed to the Light daily, and began to instill the faith in the Light to my children. The Light had been good to us, I explained, and it would do well for us to give It thanks. In addition, I'd found that my faith in the Light had proven to have some restorative power, and any time one of us fell ill, my prayers to the Light would cast a soothing aura, mending our ailments. Lallin was four years of age and Evnan two and a half when I became pregnant with my third child.

Even at their young ages, I was sure that Lallin would grow to be a skilled Paladin of the Light. Evnan, I suspected, would feel more comfortable with the land, and would most likely grow to become a Hunter. I would be proud to watch my sons grow into these lives.

Soon after discovering my pregnancy, I was brought news by one of my friends that a suspicious plague had broken out in the east. She knew of my restorative powers and requested my help. Never did I fear for my safety, as I knew that my faith in the Light would protect me. I prepared to journey, promising my children and my husband that I would return soon. I kissed my sons and held them close, telling them to pray to the Light for my swift return. Evnan was too young to comprehend, I think, but Lallin nodded in understanding, and I knew that my eldest child would be praying for my safety.

I set out in a massive caravan with my friend and several other people I did not know, all of whom were on a mission to help those afflicted. I'd never traveled anywhere - so I was awestruck by the different landscapes around me. I wished that I could share the journey with my family. I would soon learn that leaving them behind was the best decision I would ever make.

We arrived in a small town whose name I cannot recall and found the town teeming with - creatures. I have no words to describe them. I even watched a corpse reanimate and come back to life - and started attacking us! I casted protective barriers around the caravan and we continued, looking for the ill we were to heal. We found them, and soon set to work. New shipments of grain, meat, and water were coming in daily and we were grateful for the aid, but all of our healing prowess was underpowered. I began to feel ill myself, along with my caravan mates. I soon learned that Lordaeron and surrounding towns like Brill were being evacuated as the plague began to spread, many of their inhabitants being sent south to Stormwind City. My heart broke. I feared I would never see my family again.

My illness began to worsen, and I miscarried my unborn child. I had felt in my heart that the child was the girl I'd always wanted. I was fraught with despair, as I pleaded to the Light to forgive whatever transgression I'd made. In my dying breath, I begged the Light to watch over my family. To this day, I do not know if the Light heard my call.

It was several months later (I was told) when I woke up in a dark space surrounded by creatures of darkness. A female-looking ghost I would later learn was called a banshee came up to me and welcomed me back to life. I was taken aback, but she assured me that I'd missed the worst of it - many of those who'd lost their life had become slaves to the Scourge. She explained to me what the Scourge was and how the others had served one Lich King. I could barely understand the story she was telling me, only that she and several others had broken free of his grasp and I'd been lucky to have been comatose through his reign. I may never fully understand what happened while I was outside consciousness. This banshee told me that former Ranger General Sylvanas Windrunner had started an uprising, gathering those who had broken free to fight back against this Scourge and to take back our homeland of Lordaeron. I soon found that I was living in the sewers below the ruins of Lordaeron, a new city now known as Undercity.

I realized that I was no longer among the living. I cursed the Light which would allow such things to happen to me, and began to travel down a dark path. I still had powers of the Light, but I used only those ensconced in Shadow. The Light had forsaken me. I began to realize why Lady Sylvanas called our kind the Forsaken.

I needed to know that my family survived. No one I had asked was able to tell me anything - those who remembered their past lives did not know of my family, and many others could not remember a time before undeath. I was determined to make my way into Stormwind City to find my family, when an old Mage warned me against it. Stormwind City, he said, was not accepting of our kind. I became enraged, and went out into the wilderness to take out my anger. I hardly remember those days, but I knew that I came back to town determined that I would do whatever it took to become the most powerful Priest of the Shadow I could, and that one day, I would find my husband and children and bring them back to me.

To this day, I wander the lands in search of my family. I mourn my solitary plight every Midsummer, lighting a flame in their honor. I fight the battles of the Horde if I must, but my loyalty has been and will always be to my family, to my children. My only fear is that they will grow up to hate my kind without regards to who I once was or how I once lived - and I vow now that I will find them before that happens.

If any of you have backstories and want to share, feel free.

Ridill
    BG Level

I've actually always wanted to make a video showing me going through vanilla/tbc/wotlk on my pally, and then the conversion to death knight. It actually would have worked out really well since my raid fell apart before we could kill heroic LK anyway lol.

Unfortunately I don't have much old footage from my paladin anymore >< Almost all I have is a tiny bit of PTR battleground footage and some TBC arenas.

I still may do it one day, but if I do it will definitely be more about the music and visuals than any wordsmithing.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

My orc was born in an internment camp (His parents died a few years later) and rose up (Age ~19) when Thrall freed it. He was a Grunt in Thrall's army until ~5 years after the Battle of Hyjal. He was on deployment to Thunder Bluff, befriended a young wolf, retired from active service, and trained with the Tauren to become a Hunter. He returned to Durotar to begin his new life as an adventurer. He managed to get in on the tail end of the invasion of Outland, and was on the forefront of every campaign ever since. He seems to stray from the campaigns after only a few months, vanishing into the wilds for months, sometimes years at a time. When he returns, you know something big is about to happen. He has a strong distaste for Garrosh (and his doctrine) and the Undead, although the latter is mostly because of their smell. He doesn't much care for Blood Elves, either, because they seem stuck up, but he tolerates them as allies. He's become a master Engineer and Enchanter, as well as the myriad of secondary skills that adventurers find so useful.

He is currently in the wilderness for an unspecified amount of time.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

fuck you buddeh, BEs are my niggas