+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Project Titan info leak: eSports, Jay Wilson, Blizzcon 2013 and more!

Webpage screenshot.
    Spoiler: show

http://titanfocus.info/_/news/projec...3-and-more-r65

OK, here we go. I've been sitting on this info for more than a week, not only to do my absolute best to verify it, but also because I didn't want to publish the article before or during the April Fools craze. So let's begin!

Leak Validity
    It's always hard to be sure about something like this, but I'm extremely confident about this one. The source is someone with firsthand info that I've personally talked with extensively and has provided solid info (names, photos, detailed description as to how and why he knows what he knows) to validate him/her self. There is always the chance that it's someone playing a silly prank, but this one would be a very elaborate one. I'm giving it a 95% chance to be true.

As always, what I'll report here are his/ hers conclusions of what (s)he's seen, so this can always deviate a bit from the truth, but not because of wrong intentions from either of us. Also, please don't draw any definitive conclusions about the game from this. It's a very rough sketch that might not even be entirely accurate. Disclaimers aside, let's get into the juicy stuff!

Game Universe
    It's based on Earth's history, but also includes a high amount of fiction. It will have a "deep history", just as Warcraft and Starcraft.
    They're intending to include many Warcraft elements into Titan's world. Mostly Easter Eggs, but can also extend to entire characters being ported into the new game, one way or another.
    There will be a lot of Time Travel.
    When it comes to weapons, we'll have almost everything at our disposal, from magic to guns.
    Heavy use of Greek, Roman and Viking myths.
    They've invited some established writers (Richard A. Knaak for example) to help with the storyline.

Game-play
    It's an MMORPG. We'll play from a 3rd person view, but there will also be a first person view during "events". No extra clarification as to the nature of these events could be given.
    TAB targeting in combat.
    It will benefit from a completely new game engine.
    Graphics will be in the established "Blizzard style".
    Primarily a PC game, but next-gen consoles are still being considered. Probably after launch, as with D3.
    Expected 12+ PEGI.
    It's designed with eSports in mind. They will try to grow it into a successful eSport.
    There will be "clan" housing. No details on player-housing.
    Last but not least, the game will have an Auction House. Nothing conclusive about a Real-Money Auction House but it is possible.
    As an extra tidbit, Blizzard was also considering introducing a RMAH into WoW at one point, but apparently not anymore.

Miscellaneous
    150 developers working on it now. Last we've been told, in September last year, there were just a bit over 100, so the team is growing at a nice pace, quickly becoming the biggest one. They're about to bring new Community Managers into the team and some testers that will be needed in the near future. Many of the new team members have come from Blizzard's other projects.
    Speaking of inside transfers, Jay Wilson is on the Titan team. Please don't go overboard with this. ^^
    English, German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish localization now. More will come during beta.
    They were considering implementing easy in-game recording at one point, unsure of the state of this at the moment.
    BLIZZCON 2013 - Titan Teaser, details on expansions for all other major franchises (SC2, D3, WoW). There will be other small Titan teasers at the event but nothing major. They don't want to show any game-play until they have a solid date for beta.

Speaking of which, current plan is to open Family & Friends testing (Alpha stage basically) in Q1 2014.
    The game has a name already that has been changed multiple times over the course of the development process. Unknown unfortunately.
    They're going full-out when it comes to the soundtrack. Each zone will have its own song, and the songs will vary vastly in type, rhythm. We've reported before that Jason Hayes has returned to Blizzard, so this is definitely not surprising.
    That's about it. There are no mind blowing statements here, but I think the chances are very high that for the first time since we found out about Project Titan, we have a solid starting platform on which we can base our expectations and speculation.

Maybe even more than usual, I'm extremely curious to hear what you think about this!

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

More.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

They're intending to include many Warcraft elements into Titan's world. Mostly Easter Eggs, but can also extend to entire characters being ported into the new game, one way or another.
    Funny, was just talking to a friend yesterday on why Bliz would bother with a new mmo since people will just go back to WoW since friends are playing it.

Good to know Blizz is smarter than us lmao.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Fuck tab targeting. -_-

Feel this will kind of suffer from FF11 -> FF14 syndrome where, why bother playing their new mmo when you have so much time invested in the old one anyways?

I feel like it'd suffer more from "Blizzard graphics" myself. Giant shoulderpads for everyone!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Speaking of inside transfers, Jay Wilson is on the Titan team. P
    NOPE.

Not even gonna try. If blizzard is "intelligent" enough to promote him to titan after the debacle D3 was/is, there's no way I'm touching this shit.

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    I feel like it'd suffer more from "Blizzard graphics" myself. Giant shoulderpads for everyone!
    bro, giant shoulderpads are the reason to play WoW. no sarcasm at all.

Make it giant titties and I might be more interested.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

i really don't care much for modern day/future based mmos

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by D44kpunk View Post
    i really don't care much for modern day/future based mmos
    Who doesn't like taking 500 bullets to the face/chest/legs/back and just ducking down behind a crate and sucking on your thumb and everything is absolutely okay? /callofdutysyndrome

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zettai Ryouiki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

I'm sure I'll end up checking it out regardless since I'm a huge Blizzard fanboy, but the Jay Wilson & eSports portions definitely turns me off.

Shoulderpads wouldn't even be that bad if they didn't look horribly outdated 80% of the time. Not to mention most of the character models. Dem textures and models from 1998.

Esports is kind of a turn off to me, just because of how FUCKED WoW pvp is. I dont know what the esport will be in Titan, but unless it's card games or Starcraft I don't put faith in it.

Tamale Baby
    Groundskeeper of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    NOPE.

Not even gonna try. If blizzard is "intelligent" enough to promote him to titan after the debacle D3 was/is, there's no way I'm touching this shit.
    ^ this, but we know this will still sell millions of copies just because its Blizzard even if it sucks ass. Not falling for your shit this time Blizz (Diablo3)

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

I think the only deal breaker for me is esports + MMO. It's a concept I can't see doing well especially if they try and super push competition to get people to watch. I like SC2 esports, but they should keep their esports efforts to SC2. Jay Wilson may be a turn off but keep in mind Titan is also in the hands of most of the original WoW team.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Billy Bobe
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Jay Wilson was in charge of most things in Diablo, right?

Have they said exactly what his position will be? I can't imagine they would give him too much power over this game. Hopefully he just gets everyone coffees in the morning.

Hopefully the Blizzcon teaser is a video/screenshots or at least some concept art.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Disappointed this is not a Starcraft MMO.

Even if it was a carbon copy of WoW with Starcraft skins I would day 1 that shit and be the last person on the servers when they shut them down.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuishen View Post
    Disappointed this is not a Starcraft MMO.

Even if it was a carbon copy of WoW with Starcraft skins I would day 1 that shit and be the last person on the servers when they shut them down.
    ^ This, I was so let down the Warhammer 40k mmo got dropped, I want a fucking sci fi mmo that's not Tabula Rosa.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    I think the only deal breaker for me is esports + MMO. It's a concept I can't see doing well especially if they try and super push competition to get people to watch. I like SC2 esports, but they should keep their esports efforts to SC2. Jay Wilson may be a turn off but keep in mind Titan is also in the hands of most of the original WoW team.

Well, if you combine vanilla WoW with Jay Wilson... you have a game I'm not touching with a 10 foot pole lol.

Make it giant titties and I might be more interested.
    Tell that to Age of Conan.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Well, if you combine vanilla WoW with Jay Wilson... you have a game I'm not touching with a 10 foot pole lol.
    Vanilla WoW featuring Jay Wilson, as told by Knaak. yeah no thanks lol.