Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Childish, yes.

The battle system was terrible too, AI was incredibly stupid and every fight is the same thing. Even the final optional boss is just run behind him, do powerful ability/spell, win in ~5min taking 0 damage, yay. All of this of course while your team mates run around doing nothing until dead.

The story was very, very childish, to the point that it was not enjoyable in any way shape or form for me, just so dumb. Plus drippy jumping in on EVERY fight to let me know what to do was just ugh, even on the optional super boss he did this.

Overall it was very easy and very childish with horrible game mechanics.

Can take this to PM though, don't want to derail thread anymore than I already did.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I have to guess that you don't like Hayao Miyazaki, nor Studio Ghibli in general. Fans of their productions are essentially what Ni no Kuni was made for.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

SE only really just needs to stop doing trilogies and remasters of the same shit. If you're going to fully remake a game, do that shit from the ground up instead of a port. Also they should just make all new games and stop focusing on the graphical aspects of said games... you can only focus on that shit so much. It was the real downfall of 13 and 13-2. Also with all the sequel/prequel/side-story shit that occurs in these game sagas (such as Kingdom Hearts).

You know, and make FFVII Remake, woop.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Kohan View Post
    I have to guess that you don't like Hayao Miyazaki, nor Studio Ghibli in general. Fans of their productions are essentially what Ni no Kuni was made for.
    I've never heard of either, so yeah haha.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    SE only really just needs to stop doing trilogies and remasters of the same shit. If you're going to fully remake a game, do that shit from the ground up instead of a port. Also they should just make all new games and stop focusing on the graphical aspects of said games... you can only focus on that shit so much. It was the real downfall of 13 and 13-2. Also with all the sequel/prequel/side-story shit that occurs in these game sagas (such as Kingdom Hearts).

You know, and make FFVII Remake, woop.
    I actually don't see your logic. FFX-2 has grown on a lot of people who have finally sucked it up and tried the game and has really fucking awesome gameplay. FFXIII-2 was well received and many like it more than the original.

Many have begged for another KH (not the DS bs) and Chrono Trigger. So I don't really think that's their problem area.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Fievel View Post
    I've never heard of either, so yeah haha.
    http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lx...lh1io1_400.gif

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Quote Originally Posted by Trigun View Post

SE will be fine, as far as video games go Japan is all about themselves this time around.
    If SE wants more money from me though, they better capitalize on Parasite Eve 4 on the Playstation 4.
    Time to go change my underoos.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Lmao, that's my favorite .gif

But really, is it anime or something? I don't watch any of that.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Lmao, that's my favorite .gif

Ya anime, but Disney does a lot of the translations for it and puts it into theatres. I'd say Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away are probably the more famous to non-anime watchers.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

It is, but since anime isn't a genre, there are a lot of remarkable films you're missing out on by avoiding the style.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grave_of_the_Fireflies

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honneamise

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennium_Actress

Childish, yes.

The battle system was terrible too, AI was incredibly stupid and every fight is the same thing. Even the final optional boss is just run behind him, do powerful ability/spell, win in ~5min taking 0 damage, yay. All of this of course while your team mates run around doing nothing until dead.

The story was very, very childish, to the point that it was not enjoyable in any way shape or form for me, just so dumb. Plus drippy jumping in on EVERY fight to let me know what to do was just ugh, even on the optional super boss he did this.

Overall it was very easy and very childish with horrible game mechanics.

Can take this to PM though, don't want to derail thread anymore than I already did.
    Ni No Kuni has problems as well, like stupid AI and long, dragged out dungeons/areas for story progression (Level 5 for ya) but overall it was far better than XIII-2 could handle in terms of gameplay. The monster/familiar mechanics had depth, you could control your movement etc. The only real problem the battle system has is no dedicated button to go straight to your defensive options (evade/defend) so you couldn't react as well when trying not to get hit. Luckily AI sucks less with all out defence and attack, though that only makes the game easier.

But then again, you say you like the story in XIII-2, and I just can't understand it. I seriously would like to know what you see in XIII-2's story.

I'm with Fievel, I loved XIII-2 story and gameplay. I agree that the story could have been told better and there is so much more to the story that you really need to dig for to get everything. I dint care for design of Caius but I did like his and Noels story.

New Odin
    BG Level

XIII-2 was enjoyable... Really scratches my itch for being able to 100% a game with ton of sidecontent without having to deal with achievements.. my problem with it was the lack of direction causing the game to be a bit easier than I'd liked. I ended up being really careful about not outleveling the content but I'd have preferred not having to do that.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I appreciated xiii-2's story only because I think it's the closest we're ever gonna get to a chrono trigger sequel.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    I appreciated xiii-2's story only because I think it's the closest we're ever gonna get to a chrono trigger sequel.
    Chrono Cross and FFXI are already several steps ahead.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    Chrono Cross and FFXI are already several steps ahead.
    I enjoyed Cross thoroughly, but it wasn't time travel. FFXI is an mmo so I don't count it with the rest.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    but it wasn't time travel.
    Actually, it is! (sorta) CC explains that time travel even in CT wasn't even conventional time travel either and that even though you're travelling to the same moment in time in the other world in CC, what you're doing is fundamentally the same as the time travel in CT.
    Also, keep in mind that Dinopolis's appearance in CC is proof of this since if your actions in CT were to have taken effect in all timelines... that place couldn't ever have come to be.

You might need to do you a replay here. I think we just found the next game for you to play.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    Actually, it is! (sorta) CC explains that time travel even in CT wasn't even conventional time travel either and that even though you're travelling to the same moment in time in the other world in CC, what you're doing is fundamentally the same as the time travel in CT.
    Also, keep in mind that Dinopolis's appearance in CC is proof of this since if your actions in CT were to have taken effect in all timelines... that place couldn't ever have come to be.

You might need to do you a replay here. I think we just found the next game for you to play.

lol well ya I get ya, but the main focus was more about the parallel split. Again, don't get me wrong, I totally enjoyed the game. I actually think it was my first ps2 game, and I remember letting the intro run over and over again 'cause I loved the music. I can't put my finger on it, but it felt more like a spin off than a sequel (even though sequel story elements were there). I honestly couldn't tell you why. But I really am just itching for that massive time travel story again vs. just two worlds.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeota Fourier
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yeah it did have an awesome intro. I still preferred the character progression and overall presentation of CT though.

The one series that I wish we got to see more of was the SaGa series. We did get the first 3 on Gameboy, but they were renamed Final Fantasy Legend. The ones on SFC/SNES (especially the third) were some good stuff. You know, I must be among the few who actually LIKED SaGa Frontier, unfinished and all.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I loved that game...
    Alkaiser transforman, Robot Overlord killin', Half-Demon bein', Time Lordan games.

Didn't much care for SF2 though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast