Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
    RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Is it really possible to catch Lik/Gugru with just Noddy/Puffin without botting?

Hello all,

I have been farming my Ebisu for the last month and a half (1/230ish Liks, 0/30 Gugrus atm), so I have spent a lot of time in Leremieu Lagoon and the ferry.

Using Lu Shang and no r/e bait, ofc I needed Albatross and Penguin/Seagull. Seagull was a bit tight, but manageable.

I couldn't stop noticing that every single person fishing on those spots are using the following setup:
    • Ebisu
    • Puffin Ring
    • Noddy Ring
    • Meatball for Gugru
    • Minnow for Lik

That is for real, for almost two months, I never saw anybody on Lik/Gugru spots using any other rings.

Now my question is, is that really possible without botting? Does the Ebisu make so much of a difference that you can manage both fish with just those rings?

A second question would be, if that is the case, and all those people are botting, does SE care at all? if they are reported, does SE do anything?

Regards.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Why new posters never use existing threads for these kinds of questions, I'll never know.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yes.

And not much

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

@dasva:
    Could you please elaborate, if you would be so kind? I understand from your answer that yes, it is doable the legit way with an Ebisu and Puffin/Noddy. Is it easy or difficult? can they be reeled 100%? (not accounting for line breaks ofc).

The SE behaviour is no surprise.

@Guitarman:
    As you can see from my join date, I am not new to the forums, but always a lurker, not a poster. I was a poster on the (now gone) Titanictus forums, though.

Usually a forum is a way to organize discussions around topics distributed in sections, by using threads. One topic, one thread. That also makes it easier to search for relevant results, instead of having to check single posts on a huge generic thread.

Now, if you point me to the guidelines of Bluegartr that say "please keep a 400+ pages fishing topic for everything fishing-related", I would be very grateful.

Additionally, I would like to know what is this kind of question. Some years ago this would have been an important question for the fishing community. Maybe not anymore.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

That was a pretty elaborate response to a simple bit of wonderment. I'm also sure that Guitarman appreciated the explanation as to what forums are for, and how you believe they should be used. He'll treat it as gospel, I bet.

Now, originally, I thought that your making a new thread in a rather slow-moving sub-forum was fine. You were polite and thorough. That was why I didn't close it and redirect you to the question thread, even though another poster mentioned it. However, two things have come up: one, you have revealed that you're a cock, and two, the "huge generic thread" you're referring to is not generic (it's specific to this forum) nor huge. It's slow-moving, in fact.

So slow-moving that—if you decide to ask your question again there—I don't think you'll have trouble keeping track of it. (Hint: thread subscriptions help.)

Have fun!