FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Goddamn you so much. :D

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    Geomancer just launched naked with the ability to plant 2 feebs on a target without the pesky resist system that RDM is bound to. True, RDM can put more feebs on a target than a Geomancer could but who cares when RDMs feebs suck/are available to other jobs in the first place? The idea that RDM will get things like plague, virus, amnesia, terrorize is a pipe dream without massive nerfs to those skills.

Silence II? Poison III-V? Reflect? Confuse? Toad? Maybe, but again you run into the wall of NMs becoming a joke if the feebs are OP or completely useless if the land rates gonna be 5%
    Not all of them would need massive nerfs, or to be nerfed at all (BLU already has spells with most of those, albeit with terrible land rates). Though, as this isn't the first time it's come up, there have been other very viable suggestions like non-resistable spells that reduce TP move AoE radius or prevent secondary effects, which could be very useful without entirely shutting the mob down all with one spell.

Just saying, it's an area that's still open without really treading on another job's toes. The mentality of "oh, but that would be too powerful" is largely the reason enfeebling hasn't really gotten much better since 75 in the first place. Granted, a "win" button isn't exactly interesting or strategic...but the point of enfeebling is to cripple a mob. A 99 REM gives a DD a much greater ability to do damage relative to 75, but yet enfeebling has stayed largely at the level of subjob spells.

Flowery Twats
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan View Post
    The only improvement they've made to rdm melee in all these years thou is temper
    You missed the point. Read again:
    I think that all the shitty fucking rdm-melee bullshit that those fuckwits on the official forums kicked up about is to blame. I think because of all that shit, SE put their initial purpose to rdm (enfeebler) on the back burner. I think their view of rdm now can basically be summed up as campaign(/reive?)-solo-bitch.
    I didn't say the rdm-melee brigade meant rdm started getting other buffs, I said I think it's why SE might have changed their perception/direction of rdm from enfeebler to DC-EM(-T?) campaign style soloist, where it currently does well in that role (being able to score points (campaign/reive/WoE) for buff, enfeeb, damage taken, cured, dealt).

The melee-rdm brigade got what they wanted - rdm can do well at everything, however, whereas they wanted that to be the case at endgame, it's the case in campaign/woe/reive style content. Everyone knows they were never gonna be able to do that role at endgame, nor should they be able to.

Or it could be all the try-hards spewing "Shouldn't! Shouldn't! Shouldn't!" that have sent mixed signals to SE, not that I specifically trust them to regard NA feedback with any granule of sincerity. Spart basically brought a rough summary of RDM's history which contributed to the see-saw effect of roles against the job's concept that certain individuals happily piss on just for the sake of a party slot. A bit more elaboration could be had here and there, but I'd go on to say some of Damane's points are good (like the merit stuff), while other stuff like party-Temper isn't so much... namely for the sake of the RDM's enjoyment, even though I understand WHY people want it.

Yet, I also look to the Rieve system as a means for SE to exceed the 18-man cap for fights. We've got 22 jobs now, which means 4 will also be left out even if you tried to recreate the proc system. Granted, I don't favor a focus on content that demands such numbers, but it's also not so bad if it's PUG friendly. Still, I think it's pretty dumb to cast off RDM's melee side or that even being some kind of campaign/rieve/light-solo bitch only is okay. Not only is it extremely limiting in entertainment value, but a lot of the time it's pointless. Even bayld farming will eventually reach that status as people progress and get what they want out of the SoA systems. So, what's more likely: SE building content for RDM, or building RDM to be useful in content? The correct answer is the latter, but not in the backline-only capacity. Go play some other MMOs. Hell, listen to some of the retards' ideas. There are ways if only someone is willing to exercise some imagination on SE's end and tackle some of the issues that RDMs have indeed brought up over the years like how added effects interact (or don't).

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by noodles355 View Post
    You missed the point. Read again:

I didn't say the rdm-melee brigade meant rdm started getting other buffs, I said I think it's why SE might have changed their perception/direction of rdm from enfeebler to DC-EM(-T?) campaign style soloist, where it currently does well in that role (being able to score points (campaign/reive/WoE) for buff, enfeeb, damage taken, cured, dealt).

The melee-rdm brigade got what they wanted - rdm can do well at everything, however, whereas they wanted that to be the case at endgame, it's the case in campaign/woe/reive style content. Everyone knows they were never gonna be able to do that role at endgame, nor should they be able to.
    So you're saying SE was planning to make real adjustments to rdm, but since people wanted melee adjustments, and it's sort of ok at campaign/besieged style content (but far from the best, see blu) they chose to make... no adjustments instead?

Or made a new job out of their adjustments!

Edit: Anyway, my insomnia is finally wearing, so any heat from my prior post won't be regarded for a number of hours, if it all if the whole subject seems to have died off by the time I wake and play catch up.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Coming from a career SMN, I would rather see them increase avatar DPS than alter the Enmity. I would rather be taking hate myself (like BLMs do) than sit with my thumb up my arse for 45 seconds waiting on my BP timer. That said, the Enmity adjustment was handled very poorly, it's screwey because they're rolling it out in multiple adjustments. I've bitched on the OF constantly about avatar DPS, SE themselves admitted there is a drastic increase in Battle Speed as of late, so why hold a job back with a 45s universal timer for spike damage?
    And I'm fucking glad they nerfed PD, I almost quit on account of how boring it is coming to events just to PD/Embrava people.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Career summoner

Displeased with the handling of the enmity adjustment

Mentions legitimate, non symptomatic issues with the job they enjoy

Where can we find more of you?

Flowery Twats
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan View Post
    So you're saying SE was planning to make real adjustments to rdm, but since people wanted melee adjustments, and it's sort of ok at campaign/besieged style content (but far from the best, see blu) they chose to make... no adjustments instead?
    Replace "planning to make real adjustments" with "not quite sure what to do with the job and open to suggestions" and "no adjustments instead" with "minor adjustments in that direction instead" and that's pretty much what I think.

Bitchfist
    The horn knows no mercy; only wrath

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Has summoning Bahamut been mentioned yet?

Pretty sure that needs to be stated once for the full trifecta.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Yeah we need Bahamut summon.

Dr. Salami
    HERO OF TIME

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Selamis Bloodwood
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

And Cait Sith don't forget

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

And probably Hades and Siren now. But those will be put on the back burner until Raiders of the Lost Litter Box is released and we go to Olzhiya and free the male Mithran breeding slaves from captivity. With the help of Quetzalcoatl and Undine.

Bitchfist
    The horn knows no mercy; only wrath

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I say SE cracks open the book of stories and we do a full on religious war.

Least I get Crusader out of the deal.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Raiders of the lost litter box should totally be a quest line.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

- Under certain circumstances, trades wherein the amount of Ancient Currency offered does not correctly correspond to the quantity of items being traded for may be possible when trading with the following Dynamis NPCs:

?Haggleblix - Beadeaux (E-7)
    ?Lootblox - Davoi (J-7)
    ?Antiqix - Castle Oztroja (F-8)
    http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/pol...ews22115.shtml

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lq...g73qo1_500.jpg

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I would guess it relates to the crappy items gotten from trading 100s otherwise they wouldn't have even told us about it before fixing it.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

We have confirmed the following issue as of Apr. 18, 2013. Investigation and recovery work is currently underway. We ask for your patience in this matter until the issue is addressed.

[Issue Details]
    - An issue wherein a player’s reive evaluation is reset if they perform one of the following actions.
    * Revive after being KO’d.
    * Log back in to the game after being disconnected.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.
    Stuff borked!

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

We have confirmed that certain contents updated during the April 29, 2013 version update have rolled back to their previous states after the latest version update that took place on May 8, 2013.
    Investigation and recovery work is currently underway. We ask for your patience in this matter until the issue is addressed.

Further details regarding the roll-back is currently being investigated. We will report any details as we find them along the way.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.
    Exploits or mayhem?

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

probably things like Khloros blade