BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Currently Known Issues

We have confirmed the following issues as of Apr. 9, 2013. Investigation and recovery work is currently underway. We ask for your patience in this matter until the issues are addressed.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

[Issue Details]
    - A player may not be able to resist attacks from a monster despite the monster’s level being lower than their own character.

- The following items do not stack correctly:
    Chapuli Fletching / Chapuli Arrowhead / Midrium Bolt Heads / Mantid Arrowhead / Damascus Bolt Heads
    Stuff doesn't work.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

What about hate you bastards.

User was infracted for this post.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Are we allowed to start reporting you for spam at this point? Because I'm pretty sure this has been explained to you umpteen times already.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I soloed some shit on summoner this morning while testing Battlemod v2. It was worse than before, but wasn't unmanageable.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Enmity thing isn't a bug. Shut the hell up and wait for the next post about enmity near the end of the month.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Wonder if we'll finally be able to resist Jamming Wave lol

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    Enmity thing isn't a bug. Shut the hell up and wait for the next post about enmity near the end of the month.
    fuck you. you think we don't know its not a bug?

its an unintended side effect. and a problem.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

The problem is that Tarage has and always will bitch about anything related to SMN repeatedly. We fucking get it that you don't like the side effect of the enmity changes, you don't need to remind us in every single thread. It's really annoying after they have already announced plans to reduce ability enmity, highly likely to address issues such as these. Constant bitching when a potential solution is already in the works is really fucking agitating. Yes, I'm mad.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmagi View Post
    The problem is that Tarage has and always will bitch about anything related to SMN repeatedly. We fucking get it that you don't like the side effect of the enmity changes, you don't need to remind us in every single thread. It's really annoying after they have already announced plans to reduce ability enmity, highly likely to address issues such as these. Constant bitching when a potential solution is already in the works is really fucking agitating. Yes, I'm mad.
    Nope, that's really not the problem anymore. They can reduce it all they want but the issue is something else entirely. The avatar's DD output is so pathetic that they lose hate inbetween swings, they cannot keep it up at all. Even reducing the ability enmity you'll still get hate.
    The only solution would be to completely eliminate any hate generated by pet commands (not gonna happen) or increase their DD output (also unlikely to happen). Summoner's issues are always pointed out and always ignored by the Devs so the frustration is totally justified. These recent developments are just proof of how little they care about the job as a whole.
    In any case they plan to reduce the ability enmity by 50% while DD generated enmity was reduced by 70%. it's not gonna fix shit anyway.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

And I'm curious as to how you know it's an unintended side effect

Believing that they're going to alter enmity mechanics for pets specifically seems pretty delusional

Edit: And by extension, I'm wondering why any of you think that the devs ever have or ever will care about summoner's solo abilities- or need I remind you that this changes virtually nothing about how, in all likelihood, they believe the job should be played?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsudoku View Post
    And I'm curious as to how you know it's an unintended side effect

Believing that they're going to alter enmity mechanics for pets specifically seems pretty delusional
    This is exactly why we think it's a side effect. They likely didn't check pets at all.
    Also Summoner has the lowest def. and HP in the whole game, they clearly aren't meant to steal hate from their pets that often or we'd have at least some way to protect ourselves. And the fact that avatars automatically attack anything that aggroes you, sounds like they're meant to protect you or something.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Summoner doesn't steal hate from anything or anyone in group situations, which is all the devs are responsible for preserving based on it.. you know, being a group-oriented class

And funny you should mention pets as a whole: I don't see what's so unlikely about their having toned BST's relative invulnerability down a tad. BST pre-Snarl was a completely different animal(har). It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if they were perfectly fine with balancing their enmity management a bit

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

A lot things were intended for one purpose and the community used it another way. If they see people dislike their "vision" for the job as far as enmity goes, they could work towards changing it since they are reworking enmity now. If not, then pet jobs are disadvantaged and we can move on.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    Wonder if we'll finally be able to resist Jamming Wave lol
    pretty sure I did this while lvling RUN.

also, where the fuck are the additional effect fixes se

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    A lot things were intended for one purpose and the community used it another way. If they see people dislike their "vision" for the job as far as enmity goes, they could work towards changing it since they are reworking enmity now. If not, then pet jobs are disadvantaged and we can move on.
    I probably should have phrased that differently. It wasn't my intention to invoke ye old ninja-tanking argument, but to point out that the devs have never actually sanctioned summoner as a solo class, so expecting them to care that their very intentional enmity adjustments will cause discomfort among a pitiful number of players who feel slighted that a fringe benefit has drifted into Unrealistic Town seems pretty foolish.

And again, beastmaster functioned prior to Snarl- very much in the way that healers functioned in the all-too-familiar reign of 'smash this thing hard enough and it won't know I'm here'. If they felt the kind of tactless relationship melee and mage players shared was inappropriate, I don't see it as a stretch to assume that they intended for beastmaster to put a little more effort into balancing the solo-scene a bit

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsudoku View Post
    Summoner doesn't steal hate from anything or anyone in group situations, which is all the devs are responsible for preserving based on it.. you know, being a group-oriented class

And funny you should mention pets as a whole: I don't see what's so unlikely about their having toned BST's relative invulnerability down a tad. BST pre-Snarl was a completely different animal(har). It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if they were perfectly fine with balancing their enmity management a bit
    I steal hate all the time in low-man reives and that's with my Garuda spamming Predator Claws and Whispering Wind. And no, I don't think that SMN not stealing hate in normal group situations is an excuse for a totally messed up solo situation.
    I'm sorry but the BST comparison is pretty weak. BST has better HP, higher EVA (C), parry, shield if they want, better gear and are expecting to pull hate anyway because they usually melee alongside their pets (which have better DD output than any avatar anyway).
    SMN on the other hand has the lowest HP, E in eva, mage gear, mage sub (which will give you more hate for anything you cast) and pets that lose hate too fast. We also have no Snarl but it wouldn't help anyway.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Considering the point of this was to prevent people from keeping hate all the time just thru DDing so that people had to work to keep hate (or not get it) the effects on pet soloing seem about in line with what they were trying to accomplish with group dynamics. Especially on such a substandard DDer like avatars. But since you can't make garuda provoke all the time you instead of to work solely on your emnity generation.

Also casting only generates hate if you are within range. Releasing pets lowers your CE as well. Running bps are still doable no? Even then getting hate for a second or 2 every 45 isn't exactly omg the sky has follow I'm tanking

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

You're not pulling hate against anything that another player is actively building enmity on. I don't know what you tiptoeing around an example of you duoing a reive with a pickup dancer is supposed to prove

And again, summoner is not a sanctioned solo class. Any argument beginning or ending with "-is not an excuse to inhibit soloing" is ridiculous

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

There's no need to be a sanctioned solo class for SE to acknowledge that a class has a problem soloing. Soloing is the most basic way that anyone can play the game so it is an issue.

The sky is falling because in a solo situation anything and everything a SMN does now will give it more hate than the avatar can keep, short of high jump probably. In other words, it's lopsided. Now, if SMN had snarl maybe you wouldn't hear them complain. The issue is plain and simple - granted that they had previously explained their reasoning for enmity adjustments and pets were not mentioned at all there is no reason to believe that such a change was intentional if it was so significant and yet not mentioned at all

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I say we wait till we see what things they adjust first. After that actually get values for all this stuff to see how hard it is to work around. Speaking of which anybody know where I can find mobs with easily distinguiahable lvls with normal or diminished movement speed that are easily reposed and higher than lvl 99?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast