+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Defiance     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Eureka wasn't great, but it was fun as long as you didn't take it too seriously.

Watched the two hour premier Thursday night, was interesting. Not sure I like the game tei-in, but I'm willing to give it a chance. Hoping for something good in the sci-fi world. With the exception of...oh wait, nothing....it's pretty grim right now.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Launching a game with it and starting with episode 2 they have boring alien culture morality storylines...

I have very little hope for the show if they were out of original ideas at episode 2.

I'll probably keep watching just to find out why all these aliens traveled together and screwed up the landing on earth, plus why all of the surviving humans aren't banded together executing the invaders that destroyed the planet. Plus, there seems to be far too much alien tech laying around for people to be living like it's 1902. They needed more smart science fiction geeks on the writing staff than hipster steam punk designers to make a good scifi show.

There is story behind it, they didnt screw up the landing lol. There was a war between humans and the votans. I do agree though the entire space western is tired.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

This show was renewed. The game company just laid off most of their staff...

I really don't see the point in sitting through the show anymore. I was hanging in there hoping it would become scifi, but it seems to be solidifying itself as a western with aliens. It really bugs me that they have this massive scifi story to tap into but, week after week, they do mundane small town b.s. issues showcases instead.

So, another episode aired last night, once again I didnt mind it, but as Dryr says, they aren't been very imaginative with the episodes.

Guess I'll keep giving it a chance till it becomes terribad.

Spoiler: show
    NOONE CARES ABOUT YOUR STUPID ASS DREAM VISIONS ARISA, GOD!

Also, whats with Nolan no longer being a bad-ass, in the first episode he was a fighting machine, now he just rolls around on the floor?

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Dryr View Post
    This show was renewed. The game company just laid off most of their staff...
    Not really surprising. On either counts. The game is a pile.

From the previews it does look to have some cool story elements coming up in the season, but I am enjoying w13 more lol, sadly its scheduled for termination =/

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Show's back.
    And the game is F2P now, if you want to get involved in that/the story.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Game is still a steaming pile of poo.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    Game is still a steaming pile of poo.
    ya the show is good but the game is god awfull i don't even know how to descrive it honestly besides its feels like a ps1 era glitched mess