BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by ccl View Post
    10min ish, we dispel shell, we rebuff after song, we use debuff(geo, dia, impact), our melee are sam and drk
    the shell are easily dispellable? afaik from prev posts, only do-able with seal and ability finale

if 3 x 3 DD(assuming u had some rng according to jem), 10 mins meleeing and range attacks to kill kurma will basically mean theres no need to find his gimmick lol

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

We only bring rng inside, not outside, we kill slighty faster outside and it's 6-7 melee + a debuff pt(or tank pt inside). 10min MIGHT be low balling, but def not more than 12 100% sure on that.

For outside can bring a smn, for inside, save troubadour/es for finale/dispel, but honestly with dia II / geo / Impact and brd that can resing every time it's tortoise song, if your melee are good, they will rape it.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

anyway, new findings on Kurma

ENSPELL DOES WORK ON MAGIC DAMAGE MODIFIER!!!

went 1 run with entire 20 mins with pug, no tortoise song, but couldnt break 7k JAs even with 2739817293879 harden shells

next run we gave the 3 melees enthunder, and within 5 mins, we shot up to 10k JAs

more tetsing to come

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Arthars View Post
    anyway, new findings on Kurma

ENSPELL DOES WORK ON MAGIC DAMAGE MODIFIER!!!

went 1 run with entire 20 mins with pug, no tortoise song, but couldnt break 7k JAs even with 2739817293879 harden shells

next run we gave the 3 melees enthunder, and within 5 mins, we shot up to 10k JAs

more tetsing to come
    Try with all melee of the same damage type, or even all melee only without rebuffing to avoid tortoise song! So many theories to test!

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Kujah2010 View Post
    Try with all melee of the same damage type, or even all melee only without rebuffing to avoid tortoise song! So many theories to test!
    i think he did used song even when target got no roll/songs, so idk abt that.... maybe can test EVERYONE who is in 20.1 range who got no song/rolls to see if he still uses :O

as for enspells that adding to magic modifier, it is safe to say that, IT DOES :D

we put more melees with enspell on it just to test, and even with little blm nuking, hes going down steadily fast, so just need to get the correct mixture

but then tortoise song can still fuck you up but definately do-able in 20 mins timeframe

it is pretty easy to determine really, enthunder will start off with 1 damage always it seem and as you see it going 2 3 4 5 its almost equal to how many times hes taking magic damage at that moment (well not really but can use it as a guage)

edit: we testing for no song/rolls this round but seem some brd kept singing lmao
    edit again: no one in range with any roll/song and it still does song :X

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Wow, nice to know. Thanks for the correction. (edit: And sorry for the misinformation, Taint)

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

My main confusion is the Peiste. We can do Matamata in <5 minutes (obviously), Raptor in about 5-7 minutes (assuming the DDs don't fail and forget to push Third Eye.. dead DDs slow everything down! ).. The Eft takes about 5-7 minutes as well, but he's significantly more of an MP drain than the Raptor. Not too bad though. I'm guessing you want your BRDs/CORs/etc constantly rebuffing after Geist Wall and spamming crap buffs so he takes those instead of your melee songs.

But whenever we try the Peiste, it's really slow. I'm assuming we need SCH/BLM for Stun locking Mists, we didn't have that.

Interesting findings on Kurma. If we can get Peiste down in <10 minutes we should easily be able to do 4 NMs per run and can start making attempts at all 5 per run.

Also, is there a faster/better or more efficient way to do Matamata? We're having a PLD tank it and the DRKs spamming spells until it's ready to zerg down. Would it better to split up the ground and do Raptor and Matamata at the same time? 1 party on each?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

for eft, you need melee to TP in 15%ish haste gear and wear DT- gear if you wanna cure less, and with embrava and regen V for each PT, MP consumption is not that bad and eft can die in 2-3 mins...

as for peiste, wat does mist do aside from aoe damage and countdown petrify?

is the aoe damage really that bad? i kept seeing people talked abt how it ends a run but i havent try so idk... if its mainly the aoe damage, then tping in hybrid isnt bad at all like eft

imo the randomness of raptor going apeshit crazy is more of a concern than eft for me... seriously re-thinking of locking raptor than eft

Quote Originally Posted by Therin View Post
    Also, is there a faster/better or more efficient way to do Matamata? We're having a PLD tank it and the DRKs spamming spells until it's ready to zerg down. Would it better to split up the ground and do Raptor and Matamata at the same time? 1 party on each?
    bring 1 monk in, assign a scholar and a brd to him, and do the formless strike way, he can solo the mata in 7 mins while others kill eft or raptor. he needs to use 100 fists, and brd give minuet, and he must have the AF2+2 body tho, if not, 2 mnk to guarantee a kill

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Alistrianna View Post
    Does anyone know if the Ergon Tinctures would be worth using for these Delve bosses? I wouldn't be surprised if SE had designed this content with the buffs those offer, if the bonuses they grant are even substantial enough to warrant 18 ppl investing 40k balyd per Tincture.
    I been wonder the same thing . Also has there been any testing done to see how much of a boost these things give or how long they last? Costing 40k bald I would think they would last for more then a few mins but then again brews for aby are only a few minutes. Just curious if they are as much of a boost as them or what cause I can't seem to find any info on them as of yet aside from there purchasble for npc etc.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

is the aoe damage really that bad? i kept seeing people talked abt how it ends a run but i havent try so idk... if its mainly the aoe damage, then tping in hybrid isnt bad at all like eft
    During my attempts, Mist was doing 6-1200 damage to the DDs. It seemed to get worse as the fight went on, but that could've been because mages didn't rebuff after deaths.

Speaking of, is it magical or physical? I didn't see anything on the wiki. I was assuming magical, but maybe that was wrong.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Tidane View Post
    During my attempts, Mist was doing 6-1200 damage to the DDs. It seemed to get worse as the fight went on, but that could've been because mages didn't rebuff after deaths.

Speaking of, is it magical or physical? I didn't see anything on the wiki. I was assuming magical, but maybe that was wrong.
    water based, i assume magical

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by ccl View Post
    10min ish, we dispel shell, we rebuff after song, we use debuff(geo, dia, impact), our melee are sam and drk
    Gonna do some testing today or tomorrow but has anyone tested how well a timed magic burst Kaustra does if u can do while magic dmg phase is up? If u could get a 10kish MB kaustra on it might speed kurma up alot

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

hes only taking damage from thunder and wind afaik... kaustra might not be good but you never know

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

as for the enspell being the key on kurma, i think that might be it. I was dicking around on cor/rdm and popped enspell with my staff and went to go see if i could hit it. I had roughly 50% accuracy with staff on cor with enspell (no songs or rolls since it was spamming song). Explains why it has super low evasion compared to other T4-5s.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

for eft, you need melee to TP in 15%ish haste gear and wear DT- gear if you wanna cure less, and with embrava and regen V for each PT, MP consumption is not that bad and eft can die in 2-3 mins...
    What in the absolute fuck is the point of wearing 15% haste gear? It doesn't have spikes, you would simply be gimping your damage.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmagi View Post
    What in the absolute fuck is the point of wearing 15% haste gear? It doesn't have spikes, you would simply be gimping your damage.
    I think the point was to use a hybrid TP set.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sakura Ephemera
    FFXIV Server
    Brynhildr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Pretty sure the problem with calcifying mist is not the damage dealt lol... but the gradual petrify effect, which gradually reduces attack speed. It's an irremovable slow/gravity effect. It has 0 effect on rangers obviously, but stunning it would certainly be the best option.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

How exactly does it work? Like does it just cancel out so much haste and possibly be overcome with excess haste?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Okiru Sasayake
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

imo the randomness of raptor going apeshit crazy is more of a concern than eft for me... seriously re-thinking of locking raptor than eft

bring 1 monk in, assign a scholar and a brd to him, and do the formless strike way, he can solo the mata in 7 mins while others kill eft or raptor. he needs to use 100 fists, and brd give minuet, and he must have the AF2+2 body tho, if not, 2 mnk to guarantee a kill
    Why would you need to TP in 15% haste when you can TP in capped haste and be @ mid 30s-low 40s in PDT (and capped MDT with Shell) on any job?

Quote Originally Posted by Helel View Post
    Pretty sure the problem with calcifying mist is not the damage dealt lol... but the gradual petrify effect, which gradually reduces attack speed. It's an irremovable slow/gravity effect. It has 0 effect on rangers obviously, but stunning it would certainly be the best option.
    Definitely an issue with the PUGs I made but still cleared all 4 except Kurma pretty easily. Peiste is just slower because of that.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmagi View Post
    Inferior -DT sets I'm assuming. On DRK it's pretty easy to get capped haste and good deal of -DT.