BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 169 of 269 FirstFirst ... 119 159 167 168 169 170 171 179 219 ... LastLast

Thread: Delve     submit to reddit submit to twitter

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Yeah we just turtle up, our sch suck so nothing gets stunned. Pld prob like perma weakened.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    You can get away with not stunning any TP moves if your PLD's turtle up and aren't stupid (I.e. throw on HP gear when weakened) and you're using the RNG strat. We've never had it kill a PLD apart from on our first attempt where we were clueless.

Also, someone mentioned earlier that Meteor from it is a joke. It isn't and is worth stunning along with Kaustra. We let one go through on one of our runs the other day and it promptly dropped like 4 of our 5 RNG's along with a ton of support jobs.
    He killed me once with a hit for exactly 1k damage while i was weakened and it was a follow up to a spell, flare i think.

Also Kaustra appears to be single target, or very very small aoe range, but most likely single target. Can probably just let it go and cure through it with the PLD strategy.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Just won our first 5nm+tojil tonight, was very smooth!

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmagi View Post
    Congratz!! :D

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmagi View Post
    Grats! Need another monk? >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    You can get away with not stunning any TP moves if your PLD's turtle up and aren't stupid (I.e. throw on HP gear when weakened) and you're using the RNG strat. We've never had it kill a PLD apart from on our first attempt where we were clueless.

Also, someone mentioned earlier that Meteor from it is a joke. It isn't and is worth stunning along with Kaustra. We let one go through on one of our runs the other day and it promptly dropped like 4 of our 5 RNG's along with a ton of support jobs.
    Could it have had Magic Attack Boost from Batholithic Shell up? We did Tojil tonight and Meteor seemed pretty weak (did around 500-800 to most). Also had the same experience with Kaustra as others mentioned, seemed to be single target only.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Salmijr View Post
    Grats! Need another monk? >.>
    No, need more bards, scholars and white mages.

First 5nm+tojil came after first win with 3nm locked and 2x HTH dropped, which upped our overall DOT significantly.

Stun resistance seems to build over time, not some magic 40 stuns cutover. In our one failed run where the fight went for a while, we weren't seeing consistent resists until almost 60 stuns.

And stun resistance does not reset by wiping. Another failed run where Tojil regenned several ticks we tested and he was still fully resisting.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

lancaster was in my group and he basically explained everything....

the lowest dmg yoichi was me ; ; but i was super afraid to pull hate and was giving out instruction the entire time so........ I AM EXCUSED

as for mnk strat, it takes a whole lot to pull it off, you prolly need 18 people who have already done things together and have good progression on gears together...

well not really need all 18 good players u can always bring a few leeches on ass easy jobs like GEO and RDMs and WHM.....and also even a naked PLD to train mobs

MNK strat is not recommended for a regular shout FOR NOW... i went a few and yes they did the basics right, stunning everything but because its a pug, DD output is always random and the main problem is not kiling tojil before 40-50 unresisted stuns...

as for taint asking what the PLD did, basically we have 1 PLD, the same one that tank mata, train all mobs from start to finish and die or keep (his personal preference is to die and rejoin the group to feel "involved") but he basically could just hold all pets and afk in 1 corner

the other PLD just tag and tanked raptor while we shoot (rng didnt/wont get much hate) so pld can hold hate almost entire time while we go all out, use magic enfeebles like dia, and switch to mata with ease.

the pld that tank raptor also tagged tojil after the matamata PLD aggro entire boss room (used powder boots before entering boss room)

thats abt it i think first 25% just shoot madly... since pld will surely get hate.... and next 25 just decoy wisely on brd cor drg and the 2nd PLD if he comes back

we all sj drg for safety cos we dont wanna risk getting hate, the no.1 dmg anni rng was sj war because he is usually the weakest rng when we all sj war so he can sj war and not get hate haha

stun STATIS(edited) and lahar only and meteor/kaurtra, u can ES silence it with sabotaur too on pull so he dont pull off a breakga on PT on pull, and also below 50% so lesser chance of meteor and give SCH more time before it build stun resist

sealing 345 NM + boss with a rng pt is just braindead easy win.... after the first win u can prolly do melee burns with oatxitar and senbak nagans.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

So we found out the hard way 8 songs is overkill, one of our brds DC'd on the 5th NM and didnt come back, so we did marchx2 min5 mad and barely won, so 6 songs would easily be doable

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Yeah, we have been using 6 songs as we don't have 4song brds. Worked fine on our 2 wins so far.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Even with all our practice this is still a pretty intense fight, communication is critical, a weakness got off today and we managed to survive, which is harder than it sounds when mnks are your tanks

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

8 songs is definately not needed. minuet 2 and a sword madrigal is not critical for mnk setup

likewise for a etude and minuet 2 for a rng setup

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Arthars View Post
    8 songs is definately not needed. minuet 2 and a sword madrigal is not critical for mnk setup

likewise for a etude and minuet 2 for a rng setup
    the extra madrigal allows you to use curryand still cap acc, thats what a few of our dd are using

and we use a scherzo instead of min2

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Doofus View Post
    the extra madrigal allows you to use curryand still cap acc, thats what a few of our dd are using

and we use a scherzo instead of min2
    Get a bst and use infrasonics! <.<

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

lolbst, also we got a 25min kill! 5 nms and boss, we got this shit down

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Sounds like you guys should record a run and link to it for us.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Is feint required to cap acc on Tojil if using sushi + geo + hunter + 1x madrigal?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Doofus View Post
    Even with all our practice this is still a pretty intense fight, communication is critical, a weakness got off today and we managed to survive, which is harder than it sounds when mnks are your tanks
    actually its pretty clockwork fight. on asura even PUG are winning now lol

there are sooooooooooooooooooooo many bandwagon mnks now its pretty hilarious

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Ramzii View Post
    Is feint required to cap acc on Tojil if using sushi + geo + hunter + 1x madrigal?
    if ur doing a melee burn, the suggestion is not to bring a THF and use another DD (i believe MNK can still parse 85%+ acc w/o feint)

im not saying you wont kill it in time, there is always ample time, but your aim is to kill it before your sch starts to get resist stuns

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi_XI View Post
    actually its pretty clockwork fight. on asura even PUG are winning now lol

there are sooooooooooooooooooooo many bandwagon mnks now its pretty hilarious
    yea pugs getting there too but not all pugs tho... like u said too many bandwagon mnks now who are totally ass geared and trying to "leech" a win....

but once they get pass that leech and buy oatmeals, the general pug community just shitting out wins easier daily

pugs i went with did in 31 mins on odin (well not exactly full pugs, its like a semi LS + fill up with pugs)

there are even pugs who went the lonnnnnnnnnnnnnng but easy way like farming 3 beads and then melee burn it.... (fastest i been with them farming 3 beads is 3 hrs, and longest i heard they did was 9 hours lol)

many variety but they are all getting there

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Ramzii View Post
    we dont take a thf, we use 2 geos, im not sure exactly what buffs they use but im pretty sure eva down is one of them, we do use hunters as well

I think pick up groups will get better but they wont have the consistency that a skilled LS will have. and most shout groups have a core group of members, probably stunners at least. Going in there with unknown stunners is a waste of time.

Winning once is easy lol, its winning 4 times a night that takes skill