Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Hydra would be the easiest way to observe this. They reduce breath damage by an immense amount, and there's a few you can hit solo long enough to determine whether or not Formless counts as breath damage or not, probably will only take a few punches. Formless can't partially resist or "resist", damage can only be directly reduced, making Hydras the best possible PvE target that I can think of.

Tbh I'm just about 99% sure that Formless damage is not breath damage, it's just a special, irresistible magic damage like meteor. It's somewhat clear that things like Requiescat have their own terms, try using it against an Umbril and compare it to other types of magic damage (including Formless, which deals bonus damage instead of floored damage), so Twilight Scythe/Formless having a special term isn't outside the realms of possibility.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Formless does 0 to hydra in nyzul.

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Confirming that^

Pretty sure Tinnin is the same.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Yay first NA/EU kill on Valefor, probably last server to manage it but still!

Observations: Enaero removed the first Aura for sure, and it seemed to remove the second one as well. Could not remove the other two.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Shiva still hasn't managed to down Tojil, at least from the NA side, JPs have been killing it for weeks though

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I don't think NA have killed Tojil on Siren either. Tons of JP have but there's also tons of JP here. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Taruto Shippuden
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Hitou View Post
    I don't think NA have killed Tojil on Siren either. Tons of JP have but there's also tons of JP here. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.
    Tojil has been killed by NA on Siren.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Yay first NA/EU kill on Valefor, probably last server to manage it but still!

Observations: Enaero removed the first Aura for sure, and it seemed to remove the second one as well. Could not remove the other two.
    Enaero seems to always remove the first aura, but I don't understand the inconsistency with the others. I've absolutely brought the second one down with other elements before

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Hitou View Post
    I think we can say for sure that the ratio of JPs who have killed Delve bosses to NA who have killed Delve bosses is far greater than the ratio of JPs to NAs. Probably by a factor of 5 or something.

Re: Tojil's aura - one theory I had at some point is that it had some relationship with the element of the spells he casts. The only reason I thought of this was that I was confused as to why a fire-based monster would be casting nukes of multiple other unaffiliated elements (earth, thunder, etc.). Also, he frequently starts with earth magic (Slowga, Stonega V, Stone V, whatever), so perhaps it has something to do with elemental ascendancy/opposition? I don't really know, just throwing the idea out there.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Not a ridiculous notion, but I don't believe he casts any ice-based spells, and I've stripped it with enfire

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan
    WoW Realm
    Bonechewer

Was successful 3/4 auras yesterday with Wind->Fire->???->Water. I'm pretty confident the elements don't change. I'll see if I can join a PUG today and mess with it. One MNK/RUN is capable of handling this although two would probably speed it up quite a bit. It usually took me like 5-10% to knock it off.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Would it also be feasible to have the GEO cast -ra spells of that element?

the reasoning behind this is that you may not have the DD power on first kill runs to justify /RUN x2

Or maybe it isn't that big of a deal and I'm overstating things.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan
    WoW Realm
    Bonechewer

Having 1 MNK do that is a 33% attack boost for 6 DDs. And I'm also pretty convinced that berserk does nothing but get me killed anyways.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Tymon View Post
    Would it also be feasible to have the GEO cast -ra spells of that element?

the reasoning behind this is that you may not have the DD power on first kill runs to justify /RUN x2

Or maybe it isn't that big of a deal and I'm overstating things.
    Gene's comment aside, the GEO doing IndiFrailty at Tojil has more important issues to worry about. The GEO at the SCH should probably support that GEO and worry about their own MP concerns (Luopan goes quick against Tojil).

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sakura Ephemera
    FFXIV Server
    Brynhildr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Just FYI, SCH is more than capable of healing in morimar fracture, so you don't really need /RUN. We usually bring at least one SCH/RDM and there are 0 deaths.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Slycer View Post
    I think we can say for sure that the ratio of JPs who have killed Delve bosses to NA who have killed Delve bosses is far greater than the ratio of JPs to NAs. Probably by a factor of 5 or something.

Re: Tojil's aura - one theory I had at some point is that it had some relationship with the element of the spells he casts. The only reason I thought of this was that I was confused as to why a fire-based monster would be casting nukes of multiple other unaffiliated elements (earth, thunder, etc.). Also, he frequently starts with earth magic (Slowga, Stonega V, Stone V, whatever), so perhaps it has something to do with elemental ascendancy/opposition? I don't really know, just throwing the idea out there.
    maybe he shifts magic casting element like the pugil, hence when he opens up with slowga, enaero will remove the auro, and when he switches to another element use the en-runes that are strong to that element!? But since he is all the time silenced noone knows what elemental phase he is in lol

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan
    WoW Realm
    Bonechewer

LSmate is saying he takes extra damage from the correct element. While the spell thing may be true I do want to say that it has always been Wind->Fire->???->Water. He might just change his spells every 25% but those elements are working consistantly.

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

He definitely switches up elements, though I'm not entirely sure how. First nukes are always Thunder or Earth based (can use either). It eventually becomes Wind and Fire (can use either), though I'm not sure when because we usually keep it silenced.

If I had to make an educated guess, I'd say it uses Earth and Thunder above 50% and Wind and Fire below. Would logically make it Wind -> Earth -> Ice -> Water or something, but that's just being incredibly presumptuous.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan
    WoW Realm
    Bonechewer

Yah, also apparently the guy on mnk today couldn't get fire to work at 75%. Worked every time for me though D:

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

It switches to light/dark spells going from 50% -> 25%, I think?